Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Couple of quick questions
Closed Thread
Old 13 Jun 2006, 13:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to pettsy
Default Couple of quick questions

hey all, gonna start a new army this weekend and i am thinking about starting an Ork horde.

The things i need to know are:

1. Is it worth starting an Ork army at this time? My understanding is Orks may be getting a new codex shortly.

2. Can i use marine razorbacks {with some conversions of course} as Trucks? I only wanna know this because i really dislike the current range of Ork vechiles out at this time.

3. What are your prefered clans and why?

Thanks
~Pettsy~

"It matters not what form my enemy takes, I will slay him all the same" - Grand Master Daedelus

We are ever-living, our spirit is immortal, and long after the last of our people crumbles to dust we shall still live on. For we are the Asur and for as long as there is light then we will shine!
Old 13 Jun 2006, 14:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Couple of quick questions

The Rumor Mill has a new Ork Codex coming out about this time next year. Since new Kommado models are being released in the next couple of weeks at Stateside, Games Workshop's Battle Bunkers, I would lend credence to the rumors. Purportedly, Orks will have things along the lines of Imperial Guard Doctrines. It's all speculation, however.

The great thing about Orks is that you can loot almost any model and use it as whatever Ork Vehicle you want. I've seen Tau Piranhas used as Wartraks, Eldar Vehicles turned upside down (with treads on the bottom, I mean top..) and converted 1/35th scale Tamiya models. All of them looked great!

In regards to Clan preference, I tend to go Footsloggin' Goff. Yes, running one is an admitted rarity in 40K circles. In the 65 strong Gaming League I belong to, there are exactly two of us running Ork Footsloggers. Evil Suns, Blood Axes and Bad Moon armies seem to be more popular. That's probably because of all the extra fast and heavy vehicles that they can take.

Best Regards,
Old 14 Jun 2006, 20:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to sneroplex
Default Re: Couple of quick questions

I think it's definately worth it to take up an Ork army right now it's a very fun list. The changes probably won't be big ones anyway and it's easy to hack up and convert existing models if you need to change things over to the new codex.

Honestly clans aren't necassary, the regular Orks list lets you have everything you want to make a balanced list with tons of character - you can have units of all different clans working together under one banner in a freebooters list. Only take a clan if you want a specific theme or if you really want to bulk up on one type of unit.
I shook city walls and towers, wreaking havoc in the streets. Burned palaces of cowardly kings, not a one stood up to me (fools). Bear bloody banners in blazing skies, brandish battle-axe and broadsword! Let drums of glory sound like thunder, hail Barbaric Warlord!
Closed Thread