Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Inspiration from USAFTACP
Old 28 May 2010, 15:05   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Inspiration from USAFTACP

I was looking on the forms today and ran across USAFTACP's posts of nobz in his 1000 pt army and I never thought of doing that before. so this is a quick list of what i have now and wanted to know if there are any holes in my strategy.

1 Warboss PK 'eavy armor 90

10 Nobz 7BC 2PK 'eavy armor Painboy 365

30 Ork Boyz Nob PK BP 220

4 DefKopptas twinlinked rokkits 180

3 Killa Kans rokkits 150

1005pts

it depends on the person i play if we go over 5 points or not. if i cant i will drop one BC out of my nobz. the plan is simple run the boyz behind the kans. kans and koptas are my anti tank units and koptas can tie up trouble units in the beginning of the game. The warboss will run with the nobz and will tear up any and every unit they come in contact with. any advice would be awesome!
KO321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2010, 15:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Inspiration from USAFTACP

I think dropping a deffkopta for a trukk for the nobs would be a bonus. It would just add some speed to the army which can go forward with the Deffkoptas.

- Will
Old 28 May 2010, 21:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I would remove the deffkoptas. They're really only useful if you can give them the buzzsaws so they can pop tanks on the first turn. For 180 points you can get a LOT more useful things. I'm removing the 3 koptas from my list and I'll be adding more nobz. I suppose if you really want to keep your deffkoptas, give them buzzsaws because TL rokkits aren't very good at popping tanks with BS2.

I wouldn't give your nobz a trukk because they'll be destroyed easily without support. Or if you do give them one, keep them behind the boyz and kans until they are within charge range. With a trukk you can get a 20" charge range and that can help really surprise your enemy.

In a 1000 point match there really won't be anything that will be able to stop 10 nobz with a warboss.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2010, 22:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
In a 1000 point match there really won't be anything that will be able to stop 10 nobz with a warboss.
Without Cybork bodies Tau will rip them apart, and so would necrons (With shooting, obviously not in combat)

In Combat, other team's 450 points of combat squad can get them a much much tougher unit (Space marine Honour Guard for example, and Dark Eldar Incubi would love ripping into them too)

Your only hope will be that when you use an epic unit like that, that your opponent doesnt do the same thing...which is a decent chance, but they aren't unstoppable.

I would take out one of the koptas and make a squad of 3. Then drop a few big choppas (for more sheer attacks) and use the points to get them cybork so they can survive shooting better.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2010, 23:04   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

well it looks like a common theme for me to drop one deffkopta. ill probably play multiple games and the usual armies people play are chaos marines, space marines, and imperial guard. the only one i would put cybork bodies would be imperial guard and use a trukk with the marines. and if i have rokkits with the kans should i keep them with the koptas or give one a buzz saw to run up and do some quick damage?
KO321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2010, 23:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

If you are going to give the koptas a buzzsaw or two, keep the rokkits - you can fire on your way in, because 3 Twin Linked Rokkits can really help in case your 3 S7 Buzzsaw attacks dont work...also if your opponent has first turn you might want to change your tactics with the koptas.

I say drop one because 4 koptas is asking for fire...but if you're ok with that and happy to be spending so many points on one unit (as well as the uber nob squad)

Another option...split the koptas into 2 groups, and put grotzookas on the kans. Grotzookas do wonders against anything that isnt a medium-heavy vehicle, IMO the best ork weapon for a 10 point upgrade.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote