Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need help fitting more Nobz! 1000 points
Old 22 May 2010, 09:45   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Need help fitting more Nobz! 1000 points

This is the 1000 point list I use, it's been very good to me, but the only beef I have with it is that I would love to have more nobz with my warboss. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

[HQ]
Warboss
Power Klaw
Shoota/Skorcha
Bosspole
Cybork Body
'eavy Armour

[Troops]
Nobz (3)
Bog Choppa
'eavy Armour
Trukk

Ork Boyz (11)
Nob
Bosspole
Power Klaw
Trukk

Ork Boyz (11)
Nob
Bosspole
Power Klaw
Trukk

[Fast Attack]
Stormboyz (15)
Nob
Power Klaw
Bosspole

Warbuggies (3)
Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha

Deffkoptas (3)
Twin-Linked Rokkit Launcha

Points 1001

EDIT: Point costs removed. Remember that posting individual point costs violates the forum rules. - Grandpa Ducky

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2010, 09:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: Need help fitting more Nobz! 1000 points

Nob upgrade for stormboys is 10 points, not 22.

Apart from that, you will have to take out the warbuggy squadron. Then use the 102 points to get 4 more nobs with various upgrades.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2010, 10:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

The price of the stormboy is included in that, 12 points for the model and 10 for the Nob upgrade for a total of 16 in the squad.

I can't take out the buggies, as they are a major part of my strategy. I keep them in front of the trukks to give them cover saves until I get close enough to disembark.

Old 22 May 2010, 10:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

When i use nobz in 1000 points i footslog them with warboss and painboy. I ask the enemy to shoot them, because at 1000 points, it is hard to take down a unit of 11 with feel no pain before they wreak havoc.

Putting them in transports uses more points, and unless you drop the koptas i cant see an efficient way to give you more nobs. Running mechanized list AND maxed out nob squad is near impossible at 1000 points. It would be abit like trying to run Creed, Kell and 3 leman russ tanks in 1000 points of guard...

Either replace the squad or unmechanise. You can always use this theme for a 1500 point game

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2010, 11:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don't want to footslog it, so I guess this list is the best application I can get for 1000 points. I don't plan on expanding the army past 1000 ever. I just got them as a side project to break up the monotony of painting hundreds of guardsmen.

Old 22 May 2010, 13:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Only thing I can really think of is to reduce the Stormboyz down to 12 or so. That would free you up enough points for another Nob with wargear. You'd have 4 Nobz + Warboss for 5 total which isn't shabby in a 1k game and still have 12 Stormboyz, which is also a decent size at 1k.
Old 24 May 2010, 14:44   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Are the buggies only being used a smoke screen - with the chance of hitting a tank on route? If they are just a smoke screen then how about 3 bikers that zoom ahead, giving them a 3+ cover save as well the as the rest a 4+ / I've never really played buggies thou, so unsure what these are like to battle with
pedromondew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2010, 15:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don't have my codex on me atm but aren't bikers more expensive than buggies?

I've had pretty good experiences with my buggies. I orginally chose them because the models just looked cool and I wanted to have them zooming around the table. I gave them rokkits as a weak attempt to at least try to get some ranged AT in my list. They've fared quite well in my games so far, as they usually only get shot at during the first turn. By turn 2 my trukks and stormboyz are close enough that they become the main target which leaves my buggies free to roam around and get shots on side or rear armor. I also use them to block routes of travel, for instance keeping an assaulting squad away from my disembarked boyz or to prevent a retreat.

Old 24 May 2010, 15:30   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

the buggies with twin linked rockets come in at 35Pts each;
whilst the bikers are 25Pts per model - so would give you 30Pts to use for at least another Nob - but sounds like you have a cool plan - plus, I'm new to orks anyways, so I can't comment! - just trying to help with some points squeezing for ya
So in the games you have played, the buggies have worked?
pedromondew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2010, 17:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

It would be nice to fit another nob in there... I'll have to take a look at the codex when I get home today and see if that's something I want to do.

The buggies have been outstanding for me. In total I've probably only played 5 or 6 games with this list, but every single game at least one has survived until the end, and I've been able to get some nice hits on soft armor with them. The way it usually goes is that the first turn the enemy will try to just blow up all the buggies, which turns out to be harder than they imagined. This is the only turn they end up taking fire. So even if they do wreck one or two, those wrecks stay on the field and still give a cover save to the trukk behind it. On my second turn the trukks and stormboyz are ready to deliver some pain so the buggies just don't get paid any attention.