Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

OI! U Boyz Follow Me Or Ill Give Ya A Thump!
Old 16 Apr 2010, 11:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default OI! U Boyz Follow Me Or Ill Give Ya A Thump!

This Army is my 1750 pt list which I wanna take to the tournament someday, this is what I've concocted and has some of my most favourite units (all ork units are my favourites so..... I dont know :P). Any way, "Iz da boss and youz is not".

Warboss 'MetalMuncha' w/ Power Klaw and Twin linked Shoota = 90pts

x10 Ork Nobs 'Really Fast Can Openas'
x3 Power Klaws
x6 Big Choppas
Painboy
Trukk with Red Paint Job
= 390pts

x10 Lootas 'Git Blastas'
x2 Meks
= 150pts

x30 Ork Slugga Boyz 'Small Choppy Runtz'
x3 Rokkit Launchas
Nob with Power Klaw
= 245pts

x3 Rokkit Launchas
Nob with Power Klaw
= 245pts

x20 Ork Shoota Boyz 'Small Shooty Runtz'
x2 Big Shootas
Nob with Bosspole
= 135pts

x2 Big Shootas
Nob with Bosspole
= 135pts

x3 Killa Kans 'mmmm Buzzzzzzzzz'
x3 Rokkit Launchas
= 150pts

I have 210pts left to spend and I dont know where to put it. I have a gnawing feeling I need more heavy support but as I said before "I dont know".

Can any fellow Warbosses please give a new "Aspiring Nob" (haha funny) some helpful pointers???

Kharvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2010, 12:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: OI! U Boyz Follow Me Or Ill Give Ya A Thump!

At the bare minimum your Warboss should have 'eavy armor or a cybork body, I like both. Warbosses are brutal but only if they live. Grotzookas on Kans is too good to pass up. It gives you a ton of anti-infantry fire and can bust up light vehicles. I prefer putting my Nobz in a Battlewagon but if you're going to use a Trukk, which isn't a bad idea, then I'd at least give the Trukk armor plates to help keep them moving. Your left over points could buy you a Kannon battery, which if you put grotzookas on Kans wouldn't be a bad idea, gives you more ranged AV and AI (anti-infantry), fire.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 14:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Alright, I'll see what I can do. But you gotta bear with it because it's alot to sacrifice.

Warboss really should take at least 'eavy armor or cybork body, it gives you 50% chance more to survive any encounters and you definitely want him to, and being the guy who strikes last can be nasty to him. I kinda prefer Kombi-skorcha because a one shot flamer of S5 AP4 can be devastating than relying on shooting.

Don't bother with Mekboyz, they can't do anything proper, and I rather have a full mob of Lootas. You really will need alot of shots because we can't hit the broadside of a Battlewagon.

Thor already said that about the Nobs so I'll just say, Nobs are elite, they really should get a better ride, Trukks are good but they'll get shot up, and you only have one of them so it's no brainer that which target will the Lascannons choose.

Your Burna Boyz can't take Trukks, which is a shame, therefore, with the extra points you have left, why not give them a Skorcha Wagon to fit with the theme as well?

Even if your Nobs amongst your Shoota boyz ain't gonna krump, I rather have them take Big Choppa, in case something happens, you'll get a good S7 hits on the charge.

Killa Kans with Rokkits are alright, but I rather them have Grotzookas and give your tank hunters like Deffkoptas a chance. Twinlinked Rokkits are better than BS3 Rokkits to me. Or Warbuggies even.

Have you thought about investing in some Lobbas? They will save your warty hide when you advance into the enemy who either will be pinned by it or blown to pieces.

Lastly, with that many stuff, I think a Big Mek with Kustom Force Field will ease the pain you get when you tide.
Old 16 Apr 2010, 16:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hi,

I gotta disagree with you Dobb on the mekboyz part. As long as you arm them with Big shootas they can be effective and guarantee 3 shots a turn each.

95 points spare plus dropping a trukk should give 135 unless my adding is wrong. To me this reads a battlewagon please.

If need be then park the BW next to the Nobs trukk. Then with the burnas near the trukk. Hop the Nobs out of their trukk and into the BW and burnas into the spare trukk.

- Will
Old 17 Apr 2010, 10:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Warboss 'MetalMuncha' w/ Power Klaw and Twin linked Shoota, 'Eavy Armour = 95pts

Big Mek with a Shokk Attack Gun, 'Eavy Armour, Cybork Body= 110pts

x10 Ork Nobs 'Really Fast Can Openas'
x3 Power Klaws
x6 Big Choppas
Painboy
BattleWagon with Red Paint Job, Grot Riggas, Stikkbomb Chukka x 4 Big Shoota
= 460pts

x10 Lootas 'Git Blastas'
x2 Meks
= 150pts

x3 Rokkit Launchas
Nob with Power Klaw
= 245pts

x3 Rokkit Launchas
Nob with Power Klaw
= 245pts

x2 Big Shootas
Nob with Bosspole
= 135pts

x2 Big Shootas
Nob with Bosspole
= 135pts

x3 Killa Kans 'mmmm Buzzzzzzzzz'
x3 Rokkit Launchas
= 150pts

This is my new list and it comes to a grand total of 1725. C&C please.

Kharvol
Kharvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2010, 18:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think you would be better off with a KFF mek instead of a SAG one, but if you like the unit go ahead with your plans. Orks are not always about making a tactical list. If you want to be tactical I'd think about some other fast/distracting units to cover that battlewagon. Right now its you only real vehicle, doesn't have a KFF, and carries your most expensive unit. I'd hit that thing first turn and then just start blasting boyz.

I would swap out a couple big choppas for combi skorchas though, as they are such a great weapon and perfect for torching certain units. Take the ard case off the battlewagon too or you won't be able to charge out of it. I'd also take all but one of those big shootas off because they can only all fire if it remains stationary, which it never will be.

scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote