Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ork Freeboota 1850 test list
Old 18 Mar 2010, 23:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant
Default Ork Freeboota 1850 test list

I've been really interested in trying orks the past few days, so I decided to put together a freeboota list. I would have liked more flash gits, but I was trying to be as competitive as possible. I left some points off because I am still looking through the codex, and I was hoping someone could point to me in the right direction.

HQ:

Big mek-95
Shokk attak gun

Big mek-95
Shokk attak gun

Elites:

15x lootas- 225

15x lootas- 225

Troops:
12x boys- 142
Nob
Power klaw
Trukk

12x boys- 142
Nob
Power klaw
Trukk

20x grots- 80
2x runt herders

20x grots- 80
2x runt herders

Fast Attack:

3x deffkoptas- 135
rokkit launchers

3x deffkoptas- 135
rokkit launchers

Heavy Support:

10x flash gits+ kaptain bardrukk-435
-blastier

=1789

The grots are going to be accompanying the big meks, so they can soak up some damage. I think it would be an excellent idea to give the flash gits a battlewagon or something, but i'm not sure what I would take out for it.

Let me know what you think!

EDIT: I'm not opposed to taking out the big meks, but I'd like to keep the lootas and flash gits, if at all possible.
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2010, 08:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: Ork Freeboota 1850 test list

Looks cool - cant wait to see more pics of your conversions as what i have seen thus far has been great!

Battlewagon might not be the best idea. Look at it this way. I set up my army, and notice you have one vehicle, a battlewagon with flash gitz inside. Guess what the first thing i will shoot and kill?

Flash gitz work well by sneaking under the radar, not by exposing themselves. If you hide them away or give your opponent bigger (looks wise) threats then your true danger will be protected. Its a dark eldar tactic, and it works well in this case too. For this reason, i think putting the big mek in grot squads of 20 is a great idea, because it wil be a big and dangerous unit, and if you didnt have a battlewagon, id be killing those SAG, when to be honest normally they kill themselves in one way or another :P

Trukks and koptas are a good combo. If your taking koptas, dont outflank both squads. Keep one squad on the board at least, and move them with the trukks unless you have first turn and your in assault range of an opponents vehicle (42 inches) in which case scout move 24''. Otherwise just move turboboost to put them in your opponents face with the trukks, forcing them to decide their target. Then have another squad some in from the side later in the game, blasting some ork rokkits into side armour of vehicles within 36'' of a board edge (anywhere)

Hope this helps

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2010, 17:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Ork Freeboota 1850 test list

I don't know, a BW may work out. There's enough threat in the army as it is, 2 Trukks full of Boyz and 2 units of Koptas for in your face Orkiness. Toss in all those Lootas and your opponent is really going to have to do some target priority. If you add a BW to the mix then you're just creating another threat, it's not the only, and I see it doing well. Even if they gun down the BW with Flast Gitz, if there's a unit that can slog on foot, take a pounding and give one out then it's the Flash Gitz, so no big loss.

I like it.