Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Trying Something Different: Dredbash Mek List (1500)
Old 17 Feb 2010, 03:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Trying Something Different: Dredbash Mek List (1500)

So, now that he is a Warlord, Grubbynutz has a lot of pressing concerns on his mind (killing challenging warbosses and taking over new planets). This means that his principal Big Mek, Klickinklak has been given a free reign to collect parts for a new stompa mob.

While Grubbynutz has made available to his mek any of the resources that a true Goff Warboss would require, nobz, battlewagons and huge mobz of sluggaz. Of course, Klicky is not a true Goff Warboss. He is a mek. His method of goffikness includes building the biggest and stompiest of kanz (and his prize dread, "Commandah Snippington") and letting them loose on the enemy.

Big Mek Klickinklak: 115

Kustom Force Field, Burna, Cybork Body
10 Lootaz: 150
10 Lootaz: 150
30 Shoota Boyz: 235

3 big shootaz, nob with powerklaw and bosspole
12 Slugga Boyz: 112
Nob with powerklaw and bosspole
Red Trukk: 40
19 Grotz: 67
1 slaver with grabba sticks
Deff Dread: 110
Skorcha, 3 ccweapons, armor plates, grot riggers
The Dreaded Black Baron (Deffkopta): 70
Twin Linked Rokkitz, Buzzsaw
3 Killa Kanz: 150
Rokkitz
Rokkitz
Rokkitz

The plan:
String the kanz and dread out in front of the shootaz and grotz. The mek will attempt to keep the walkers within range of the force field as the army advances. Lootaz will provide firepower to open up transports and knock down monsters and other thing that will wreck my kanz. The trukk boyz will go on a flank, hopefully behind some terrain, and use their mobility to draw some firepower and give the kanz time to close. I will need time, as I'll be shooting those rokkitz every turn to soften the enemy up.

The black baron will do his thing. He'll either A) if I get first turn scout up and annihilate something my opponent dearly loves, or B) if I get second turn, go in to outflank and then show up and annihilate something my opponent dearly loves.

What do you guys think about this? I've never run a dredbash before, even though my regular army does include 6 kanz. This is all a bit new for me. It's an attempt to field a "themed" list and have it be competitive as well.
Droofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2010, 05:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Trying Something Different: Dredbash Mek List (1500)

Not sure if the one trukk will be enough of a distraction. I'd think about dropping it, splitting the grots into two squads of 10 so you don't loose a scoring unit, and then spend the points on buggies or koptas. Don't feel like you have to outflank if you don't get first turn either with the koptas. Often times there are terrain features you can hide behind during that first turn, and you can usually get there with the turboscout move.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2010, 06:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: Trying Something Different: Dredbash Mek List (1500)

I think 1 trukk is fine, but 1 deffkopta isnt really going to do much. Its like having 3 nobz in a footslogging squad, you just shouldnt do it their strength lies in numbers.

Take the trukk, but make it more durable. Armour plates and grot riggers means that it will keep on moving until it gets blown out of the sky.

Why give shoota boyz a nob with a power klaw? would you give a devastator squad sergeant a power fist? think about the roles they play, and do you really need it. Its alot of points into something you wont use.

What is your mek doing? im guessing hangin with the shoota boyz, which will be more like footsloggers. Trust me, with slugga boyz you can run instead of shootin, and you get to the enemy a turn faster (so more men to attack with) and each slugga boy gets an extra attack EACH so thats 30 attacks your missing out on. If you want shoota boyz take them in more smaller squads, say up to 16. Then you can park them on objectives and lay down fire support for your nobz.

For the kans, i can see why you took rokkits. Nothing else has AT apart from power klaws. This is where your list will let you down. Killa kans are for taking grotzookas. Try them...i wasnt too keen, but wow do they make an impact. They even murder terminators when you reign down 2 blasts a model. Imagine taking 9 kans with that. 18 S6 blast templates a turn.

I would consider dropping a loota squad for some tankbustas. That will provide you with more AT firepower. BY all means keep rokkits on 1 or even 2 squads of kans, but grotzookas will help you much more in most situations, apart from vehicles.

For help and assistance, i suggest you read my tankbusta tactica here
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,93286.0.html

That will help you know what squad is right for you. Build the squad to the role, not the role to the squad.

Hope this helps

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote