Battle wagon [100] [Grot Riggers, Red Paint Job]
SunTzusProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 04:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: [2000] First Ork list[Testing]

Firstly why are your battlewagons gunless? You could easily take 3 burnas from each squad and use trukks, and then use 2 battlewagons pumped up with guns. The 2 battlewagons should attract the majority of AT fire, meaning your burnas stay in the trukk, and move furtha (an extra 6 inches at least)

Then you can field 2 battlewagons with 4 rokkit launchers and a kannon. SHooting 5 S8 AP3 shots a turn is devastating and if your opponent cant bring down armour 14 then he will surely be punished. Because of this you dont need rokkits in your boy squads. You only get 3 shots a turn, and at least 2 are bound to miss...the third needs say a 5 to glance a predator or a hammerhead. Its not worth the 90 points you spent on boyz with rokkits, especially ones which will be getting into combat.

May i suggest if your dread is going to be an "up close and personal" dread then give him 2 skorchas instead. BS2 means nothing when he auto hits with 2 heavy flamers. Very dangerous against Tau, Guard, Eldar and Nids.

Also how bout a cyborg body for your mig mek? if he gets hit with a thunderfire cannon/template weapons and some large blast weapons his 6+ armour will almost surely be negated. 5+ might save him from being killed. Also what squad is he joining?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 06:51   #3 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

My guess he's using those Battlewagons as Transports rather than as offensive vehicles. It's okay for its role. Overall, I think the list okay.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 12:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

yeah the battle wagons are there to see the big mek and the burna boyz get to cc quickly. The mass of orks in there.... well just to be a green tide.

Edit: oh and the deff dred is there because I couldn't really find anything better for anti-tank duty in the codex..... you orks seem to be abismally lacking in anti-tank
SunTzusProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2010, 21:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

3 zzap guns cost 90 points and thats strength 10 ap2 with a 2d6 roll of 10 or better.
Lootas are pretty much autocannons with varying ammo
Deffkoptas and warbuggies have TL rokkits. Koptas can also have KMB
Boomguns are battle cannons with half the range
The list of AT goes on

THen there are power klaws, tankbusta bombs, bomb squigs......

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote