Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 tourney
Old 15 Dec 2009, 22:22   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Chork Naghriz
Default 1500 tourney

Well around my parts the holidays are starting and we are having quite a few compositions as well as games with each other and I thought I should get a nice list written up for these.

Now I have the useual amount of orks, 100+ boyz, a few trukks, a few looted wagons, some nobs, some meganobs, some burnas. Although I didn't want to go with the run of the mill ork list and see how it pans out so here goes.

HQ-230
Warboss: 125
- Power Klaw, ‘eavy armour, bosspole, cybork body, attack squig, kombi shoota/skorcha

Warboss: 105
- Power Klaw, ‘eavy armour, bosspole, cybork body

Elite-480
Nobs: 235
- (6) Cybork bodies, painboy, waaagh banner, trukk, Red paint job

Nobs: 245
- (7) Cybork bodies, painboy, trukk, Red paint job

Troop-495
Meganobs: 240
- (5 ) Trukk, Red paint job

Nobs: 255
- (8 ) Cybork bodies, painboy, power klaw

Fast Attack-45
Deffkopta: 45
- Twin linked rokkit launcher

Heavy Support-250
Looted wagon: 125
- Boomgun, big shoota, ‘ard case, red paint job

Looted wagon: 125
- Boomgun, big shoota, ‘ard case, red paint job

Total 1500

So I just want to see what you guys think, is it a soft as a bunny rabbit, is it cheeze to the power of 5, all C&C excepted.

Also were I come from at tournaments people give you a comp score for your list /5 so if you would kindly thanks.
Old 16 Dec 2009, 00:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: 1500 tourney

This list would be fun to play with, but i dont think it would do well in tournys. Your trukks wi die and more that 2/3 of your army wi then have to walk. I tend to stay away from any vehices at all in a tourny just because i know oopenents have anti tank. But if you were to keep this list, get a big mek with a kff to at least keep your vehicles alive. If you are going to run one kopta, make it a buzzkopta so your have str 7, 3 attacks turn one. Looted wagons are iffy, but if you are to take them, make them cheap. The last thing is to make your wound alocation on your nobs better. This may make them more expensive, but also more eefective. Overal its a good start and a good idea, but you are missing a lot of key components to amke a list like this successful
arsenal1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2009, 00:53   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If you were in my position, I do still have more nobs I can add, drop the trukks and add more nobs, and maybe even then deffkopta for more nobs?
Old 16 Dec 2009, 02:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

So your nobs woud be waking a the way? Yet again not effective
Old 16 Dec 2009, 03:40   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Is your L key broken?

What are your suggestions?
Old 16 Dec 2009, 12:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I agree with much of what arsenal1989 is saying. No reason to shy away from vehicles but you need to either field them in quantity or use Battlewagons. Unless you forgot to put it in there, you have one unit of Nobz without a ride and they should have one in some form. As arsenal1989 was saying, when you're dealing with fragile transports having a Big Mek with a KFF (kustom force field), is a godsend. That will also mean you lose a troop unit and don't have a legal force.

This is what I'd do. Get a Big Mek with KFF in the list. You have to have some Ork Boyz, right? Throw them into a Trukk, make sure everything has a ride. I'd put in at least 2 units of Boyz in some form, you're going to need scoring units. Deffkopta gets a buzzsaw for a fast vehicle charge, about all it will manage before it dies so make it count. Take the red paint off the Looted Wagons, they don't need it. You can move 6" and fire normally, 7" isn't really gaining you anything on a vehicle that is more or less artillery for you. If you can get some wargear on the various Nobz. If the unit is equipped pretty much the same then you'll lose these guys quickly. Having unique gear in the unit makes them complex when it comes to making saves and they live longer.
Old 16 Dec 2009, 17:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thor got it spot on. A kff is amazing, but anything str4 can kill your trukks. Thats why i tend to stay away from them, and if they are in my list, i tend to use them as counter chargers.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 01:35   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The reason the nobs have no vehicles is because they are there to capture objectives, but I do see what you are saying about the KFF and the different equipment on the nobs, also I'll probably get another deffkopta in there and give them both buzzsaws, but the thing about the KFF is the tourney is on saturday, and I don't own a KFF. But I do own boyz.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 02:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yes nobz can hold objectives, but you want them in your oppenents face. Spending that many points on a few models to hold an objective is pointless if you ask me. But if you give them vehicles, then you can klump mostly anything if you choose your targets. For me, i use gretchin and boyz to hold objectives. How many boyz do you have?
Old 17 Dec 2009, 05:18   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

100+