Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Grot Army 1850
Old 11 Dec 2009, 20:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman
Default Grot Army 1850

A small group of Orks found themselves stuck on a planet where their Waaagh! had failed. Stilling wanting a good clobberin', they were able to find hundreds of Grots in several hiding places. Pushing them out, the Orks tried to attack their enemies for one last fight.

HQ Mad Dok Grotsnik
(Joins Tank Bustas)

HQ Old Zogwort
(Joins Tank Bustas)

ELITES Tank Bustas
10 Tank Bustas w/Cybork Bodies
2 w/Tankhammers

TROOPS 30 Gretchin
3 Runtherds
All w/Cybork Bodies

TROOPS 30 Gretchin
3 Runtherds
All w/Cybork Bodies

TROOPS 30 Gretchin
Gretchin, 3 Runtherds
All w/Cybork Bodies

TROOPS 15 Gretchin
1 Runtherd
All w/Cybork Bodies

HEAVY SUPPORT Killa Kans
3 w/Grotzookas

HEAVY SUPPORT Killa Kans
3 w/Grotzookas

HEAVY SUPPORT Big Gunz
3 Kannons
6 Additional Krew
Runtherd

TOTAL POINTS: 1850

Cheap Gretchin models can be made from Ogre Gnoblars and Knight Goblin Regiments, and Snotlings found on sale (stick 2 on a standard base and call it a Gretchin equivalent). Would only cost around $90 US dollars to get 90 of them (3 boxes of 3), and for 882 points worth of models, that doesn't seem too bad. Also heard that some 77 of them are for sale around here somewhere. Paint a few things with metallic colors or add spiky bitz on them from various sources so you can have cybork bodies. Shipping is free if you can find something else to add in there.

Now that I've set aside the conceivably of owning such an army list, the only notable thing I've put together with a great deal of thought was having Old Zogwort, joined with Mad Dok Grotsnik, joined with a unit of Tank Bustas.

Grotsnik gives the Tank Bustas (and Zogwort) FnP, Cybork Bodies, and makes them Fearless. They can all benefit from Zogwort from any of his psychic powers, and each other in the following ways:

1 - 'Eadbanger: In the rare case this happens (rolling double 1s), Instead of getting angry and throwing away every single model in the unit in frustration, they all get a 5+ save to it, and failing that, a 4+ FnP roll. If it happens when I happen to be entangled with some Space Marines... who don't have 5+ Invulnerable Saves or Feel No Pain... well, sucks for the Space Marines. ;D (Old Zogwort does not have 5+ Invul, but at least he gets a 50/50 chance to not have his head asplode)

2 - Frazzle: Load up more MEQ killing!

3 - Zzap: Load up Tank killing!

4 - Warpath: +1 A in combat? I'm good with that, especially with the Tankhammers

5 - 'Ere We Go!: Everyone's armed with assault weapons. On top of that, I can stick them in area terrain without as much fear: 5+ Invuls if I do fail any. And go against the side armor or, rear armor on occasion? Yes!

6 - Waaagh!: Surprisingly, this is the least of the things that I want. But now I can Fleet towards that vehicle if I wish.

Zogwort's Curse: Well, I actually have Zogwort's Curse so I could watch someone like Calgar, Eldrad, or Abbadon get pummeled to death by Gretchin or Killa Kans after I shoot their bodyguards with the Tank Bustas and Kannons.

I wouldn't really expect to win anything with this army list; just surprise an opponent every time I whip it out. Then again, have all those 5+ Invul troop choices could make sitting on Objectives easier.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2009, 21:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Grot Army

heeheehee grot spam! I'd love to see all 6 troop slots full of grots: 180 Grots!!!
Jasonsea212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2009, 21:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsea212
heeheehee grot spam! I'd love to see all 6 troop slots full of grots: 180 Grots!!!
While that would be interesting, it's surprisingly expensive and wouldn't do you any good completely if you actually wanted to have some sort of conceivable victory in the slightest.

Games in the Past Month:
Old 11 Dec 2009, 21:31   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Is this a themed list? Or is it meant to be competitive?

If it is meant to be competitive - why do you have 8 point grots?! They're freaking grots!!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2009, 21:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Don't bully Colonel, SILK she has made a lot of lists lately

hmm... 180 x 3 =... 540 + 180 = 720, thats a lot for 180 grots and 18 runthurds?

Just something I wanna argue with, you can't take Cybork bodies on units unless they have a painboy or mad dok which only nobs or flash gitz can take, of course HQ choice can have Cybork but that's about it.
also the unit Mad dok starts with at the beggining of the game are the only ones that can take cyborks
Old 11 Dec 2009, 21:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Don't bully Colonel, SILK she has made a lot of lists lately

hmm... 180 x 3 =... 540 + 180 = 720, thats a lot for 180 grots and 18 runthurds?

Just something I wanna argue with, you can't take Cybork bodies on units unless they have a painboy or mad dok which only nobs or flash gitz can take, of course HQ choice can have Cybork but that's about it.
also the unit Mad dok starts with at the beggining of the game are the only ones that can take cyborks
Grotsnik grants Cybork Bodies to any unit for +5 points. FAQ even said that Grots with it would make super-Gretchin and interesting conversions (though expensive for just being Grots!).

And if I state:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Marksman
I wouldn't really expect to win anything with this army list; just surprise an opponent every time I whip it out. Then again, have all those 5+ Invul troop choices could make sitting on Objectives easier.
Then it's obviously not a competitive list. Who the hell makes competitive lists for Orks? That's why I'm looking into Orks in the first place. And who would make a competitive list out of Orks with 4 units of Gretchin?

Now I've come across a rules question. I think I've settled it myself, but I wanted to make sure.

Bloodthirsty Grotsnik: We're gonna get some 'oomies, open 'em up, and see how dey bleed! *surgical buzz saws whirl*

Glory Hog Tankbusta: Blood? We'z wanna see an asplosion! *pulls pin from a grenade* An' we'z outnummer ur vote ten ta 'un.

Old Zogwort: GAH! 'Eadache! *Teleports units between a tank and a unit of Guardsmen*

One Scalpel Short of a Medpack:
he will always move as fast as possible towards the nearest enemy, assaulting if possible.

Glory Hogs:
They must always attempt to shoot at and/or assault assault an enemy vehicle if there is one in line of sight, regardless of range.

Games in the Past Month:
Old 11 Dec 2009, 21:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Marksman
Then it's obviously not a competitive list. Who the hell makes competitive lists for Orks? That's why I'm looking into Orks in the first place. And who would make a competitive list out of Orks with 4 units of Gretchin?
Not a lot of people, let's be honest, unless of course you're having fun,

anyway good point about the Mad Dok, Didn't read that part, I've found him useless until you told me about that, gives me ideas now (cybork ork army, )
Old 11 Dec 2009, 22:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Grot Army 1850

Yes. Grotsnik allows you to take Cybork Bodies on discount for Warbosses, gives any unit like 'Eavy Boyz or regular Boyz, and their Nobs Cybork Bodies.

Just think... Meganobs with Cybork Bodies for +5 points each! Join Grotsnik in there, and they're not only Fearless, but come with FnP!

EDIT: The army list is 1850.

Games in the Past Month:
Old 11 Dec 2009, 22:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

OMG!!!

+2 save, +5 inv save, fearless, +4 FnP..!

That... that would be indestructable!!!

Especially in a Battlewagon, making it faster and heavily armour the wagon making it perfect for transport.

downside would be that 10 meganobz? 450 points GONE!!!
more if you have transport for them (almost always compulsory)
Old 11 Dec 2009, 22:15   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
OMG!!!

+2 save, +5 inv save, fearless, +4 FnP..!

That... that would be indestructable!!!
Not quite. Take a Psyker Battle Squad, with only 5 models. Have them use "Weakened Resolve" to reduce their Leadership by -5.

Have a Callidus Assassin appear next to them with Marbo. Marbo tosses his Demo Charge. The Callidus Assassin shoots her Neural Shredder. The flame template is AP:1, and has a Str:8, and goes against Leadership. She now inflicts Instant Death with said flame template while wounding on 2s. Any Ld test they take for casualties is then done on Ld:4.

She assaults, and has 4 attacks that don't allow any save of any kind (not even invuls), wounding on 4+ against the Nobs. If they're still in combat after that, she automatically inflicts a wound on a 4+ (save as normal though).

Games in the Past Month: