Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 Broken Speed
Old 15 Nov 2009, 10:04   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default 1500 Broken Speed

So this was an army I came up with. It seems kinda messed up >.>
However I have not tested it out at all. But when looking at armies like 'Ravensquig' it seems like they are not such a bad idea.
My only fear for this army would be that it donest seem like it would have enough anti vehicle weapons.

Squad 1= 140p
-Trukk w/ Armor Plates and Reinforced Ram
-1x Big Mek w/ Power Claw, Kuston Force Field, 'Eavy Armor, Attack Squig, and Cybork Body
-1x Boyz Nob w/ Power Claw and Bosspole
-10x Boyz

Squad 2= 162p
-10x Boyz

Squad 3= 162p
-10x Boyz

Squad 4= 340p
-1x Biker Nob w/ Power Claw and Bosspole
-11x Warbikers

Squad 5= 340p
-1x Biker Nob w/ Power Claw and Bosspole
-11x Warbikers

Squad 6= 225p
-5x Deaffkoptas w/ 5xTwin Linked Rocket Launcha
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2009, 10:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 1500 Broken Speed

Squad ones points are way off, it should be about 291 points. Also you have lots of power klaws and Deffkoptas so anti tank should not be a problem. I take it you want to use the KFF to run this whole list up using it for cover. You have tooled your big Mek up to be a CC monster but a warboss can do that better and for less points.

A warboss with Power Claw, 'Eavy Armor, Cybork Body is Only 100 points. Your Big Mek is costing 140 points and has one less wound, lower leadership, lower strength, and one less WS. I know that u want to use the BigMek for the KFF and him basic with that is only 85points. If I where you I would drop one boy out of one of the trukks and bring a Warboss if you can find the points.
Old 15 Nov 2009, 11:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to major_rawne02

If your opponent gets turn 1 I don't think this list has very good odds. They will blast your trukks immediately, wasting the majority of your bikes turn 2, before mopping up.

I can't be sure as it's been a while since I played using my orks, or against orks for that matter, but I think this list may have to rely too much on getting first turn.
major_rawne02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2009, 11:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik_torgeddon
If your opponent gets turn 1 I don't think this list has very good odds. They will blast your trukks immediately, wasting the majority of your bikes turn 2, before mopping up.

I can't be sure as it's been a while since I played using my orks, or against orks for that matter, but I think this list may have to rely too much on getting first turn.
Turn one could be a problem for him yes but having the bikes spaced right will help with template weapons. Also the KFF has a good chance of stopping the shoots from doing anything to his trukks. Its all about luck when it comes to that but trukks also have Ramshackle so even if the get blowen up the boyz inside could be fine with no wounds or it could also blow up infront of the enemy and KABOOM!
Old 15 Nov 2009, 11:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to major_rawne02

Hmm, a good point.

The bikes will cause havok if/when they reach the enemy lines, using the size of the units to initiate multiple charges will usually be a good idea against non-combat oriented armies, so that you tie up as much shooting as possible. I wouldn't kit out the Mek too much, as waaghsteve said, either use him just for the KFF or buy a warboss instead, either option will work better in the end.
major_rawne02 is offline   Reply With Quote