Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 points. Need opinions
Old 24 Oct 2009, 06:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 1500 points. Need opinions

Hey guys,

Pretty much compiled a ilst, which in my eyes is pretty decent. It is an all comers/tourny list. Warphead wi be with 20 boyz just in case he rolls the veil of darknessish spell. I end up with 225 points eft over to spend so pease te me what do you guys think of my opinions. And a C&C wi be appricited!

Warboss
PK,EAVY,CYBROK,SQUIG 155

Warphead 85

30 boyz
Shootas
Nob,w/ PK,BP 220

30 boyz
Shootas
Nob,w/ PK,BP 220

30 boyz
Shootas
Nob,w/ PK,BP 220

20 BOYZ
Shootas
Nob w/pk,bp
"With warphead 160

Snikrot
14 kommanos
2 Burnas 225

With 225 here our my opinions the i was considering

option 1: 5 Deffkoptas w/ tl rokkits 225

option 2: 7 lootas
8 lootas 225

Option 3: 30 boyz
nob,pk,bp 220

I personally like option 1, cause it can either serve as a tank killer or kill tougher targets. What do you guys think is the best option? And what about the entire list? Thanks!
arsenal1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2009, 06:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 1500 points. Need opinions

Pretty basic footslogger list. I think I'd take out the boss and add a KFF mek instead. Then with the remaining points get a couple buzzsaw koptas, operating alone. I'd also add some grotzooka kans.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2009, 19:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yea but i just always go boss so at least one squad can have 2 pks in it. I ran a simliar list tothis, but i have 2 deffdreds. But this being a toruny/ all comers most peple have anti tank, which in this case wont affect me. I am so so on the koptas to. With out them i have little to no anti tank myself. With them at least, i can pick out low av targts and wreck them. Scout you always give me good advice, what do u think i sohuld do with those points. Meaning some anti tank
Old 25 Oct 2009, 19:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I didn't notice this before, but Snikrot's unit is way under on points. It should be 255 not 225. I run mine at 205 with 10 boyz, 2 with burnas, and Snikrot. They do well at that level. If you want anti tank here's what I would add:

Rokkit buggies X 2 = 70

Kopta with buzzsaw = 60

lootas X 10 = 150

You'd need to use the Snikrot group I've got, and get rid of some boyz somewhere to get all of the above. It would give you some good anti tank, and harassing units. If you have first turn the turboscout/assault with the buzzkopta can be nasty. The buggies are cheap and fairly reliable, while the lootas are perfect for taking out transports.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2009, 02:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yea sry aobut snikrot. When calculating points i added 255. Only problem about 10 kommandos is if i lose one or two of them then i have to start rolling leadership. I like my koptas because they willkill w/e they shoot at. But they will probably get hosed the next turn. So i debating now what to do.

I was also thinking about adding rokkits to all my boyz squads. I know the BS is low but if it hits, it can do some damage with no saves!
Old 27 Oct 2009, 02:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

So i played with this revised listtoday and did really well, stomping a tau player. Haha. But to be honest i see many flaws in this list. I love my warphead, and i really do not rely on him, but i can see him becoming useless vs librarians. Do you guys think hes worth getting? And how about the rokkits with the boyz? And also isnt having him with 20 boyz risky if i get the veil of darkness power. Is there any thing else you guys would change keeping in mind i do not want any vehicles? Thanks

Warboss
PK,EAVY,CYBROK,SQUIG 115

Warphead 85

30 boyz
Shootas
Nob,w/ PK,BP 250
3 rokkits

30 boyz
Shootas
Nob,w/ PK,BP 250
3 rokkits

25 boyz
Shootas
Nob,w/ PK,BP 210
2 rokkits

20 BOYZ
Shootas
Nob w/pk,bp
With warp head 180
2 rokkits

Snikrot
10 kommandos
2 Burnas 215

4 Koptas
3 tl rokkits
1 bs/buzzsaw 195

Old 27 Oct 2009, 19:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

I don't field rokkits with my boyz, usually just a couple big shootas. most of the time I find myself running at the enemy, leaving the anti-tank to CC, Snikrot, and dekkkoptas.

Also, I would field a big mek with KFF instead of the warphead, and place him so a few of your mobs get cover saves.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 22:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yea i always used a kff mek, and i am debating between him and a warphead. I love the moeks saves, but the warphead has a lot of potential. I just started to love the whole rokkit idea with my boyz. Yes the bs of a boy sucks, but if it hits, it wounds almost all infantry on a 2 plus and allows no reg saves! Even termies take inv. The other purpose of them was to stop rhinos and other light av vehicles. So my opp will have to manover thier tanks so i dont get side armor. That combined with my koptas and snikrot, nothing is safe.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 23:01   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal1989
Yea i always used a kff mek, and i am debating between him and a warphead. I love the moeks saves, but the warphead has a lot of potential. I just started to love the whole rokkit idea with my boyz. Yes the bs of a boy sucks, but if it hits, it wounds almost all infantry on a 2 plus and allows no reg saves! Even termies take inv. The other purpose of them was to stop rhinos and other light av vehicles. So my opp will have to manover thier tanks so i dont get side armor. That combined with my koptas and snikrot, nothing is safe.
Very good points, in fact I agree with all of it. Except Terminators will still take their 2+ save. While the warphead might not be consistent like a 5+ cover save, he is more fun and can be extremely useful at times. The only thing that concerns me is the price increase with rokkits. It costs 5 more points, and with that many rokkits you're looking at a significant cost of points. For less points you get three times as many shots and a modest Strength 5. I do see your point, that is a lot of rokkits. I suppose it all comes down to preference, but rokkits are a good idea, escpecially for a 100% footslogger list.
Old 28 Oct 2009, 01:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks! And yes it cause inv saves! Doesnt double the models toughness cause invuls? Anyways, a big mek is good but its kind of boring, it looks good on paper, but 6 inches is 6 inches, so at most 2 squads and 3 if you do it right. I showed my friend this list and he laughed when he seen my warphead, but everything he does besides a one can benfit me, but it wont always be perfect. But what is, i mean hes an ork! I played again today vs my rine friend, and wiped the floor with him. I calculated the kills of my rokkits with my boyz. Here it is : 7 rines, pred, dred! You do the math! I mean its one game but thats nice!