Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1750 list for upcoming tourney
Old 23 Oct 2009, 16:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman
Default 1750 list for upcoming tourney

Hey guys! This is my ork army I've been building for awhile. They've been doing very well at my local store, in fact I haven't lost yet. However, the Mayhem in Des Moines is much more competative so that'll be fun! C+C Welcome ;D

HQ

Warboss…90
-Power klaw, ‘eavy armor

ELITES

4 Lootas + 1 mek…75
-Mek w/ big shoota

10 Kommandos + Snikrot…215
-2 burnas, Snikrot

TROOPS

6 Nobs... 280
-3 nobs with big choppa, ‘eavy armor upgrade
-1 nob with bosspole
-made troops by the Warboss selection
-Battlewagon dedicated transport w/ deffrolla, 3 big shootas

29 boys + 1 nob... 235
-Nob upgrade w/ ‘eavy armor, power klaw, bosspole
-2 big shootas

29 boys + 1 nob... 235
-2 big shootas

11 boys + 1 nob... 162
-1 big shoota
-Trukk dedicated transport w/ reinforced ram

11 boys + 1 nob... 132
-Nob upgrade w/ bosspole
-1 big shoota
-Trukk dedicated transport w/ reinforced ram

FAST ATTACK

3 Deffkoptas... 135
-3 Twin-linked rokkit launchas

5 Bikers + Nob... 190
- Nob upgrade w/ power klaw, bosspole

Essentially, my strategy is to make as much havoc as fast as possible with my deffkoptas, bikers, vehicles, until my 60 boys slam into their lines on turn 3 (2 if I'm lucking with WAAAGH) Snikrot and lootas are there for support.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 04:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: 1750 list for upcoming tourney

Personally i would drop the lootas, and fill out the kommando squad so that they stay alive longer, and have more attacks when they charge in from da side, as ork tactica would recommend.

With the battlewagon, big shootas arent defensive weapons, and battlewagons are not fast, so if you use your deffrolla, for say 12 inch move, you cnat shoot 1. Even if you move at all, you are restricted to a maximum of 1 unless you get a red paint job, which means u can move 1 inch and shoot 3. I would replace it with maybe 1 big shoota, and get grot riggers on it in case it gets immobolized so that it can keep on rollin' da enemies.

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2009, 04:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'd either drop the lootas, or beef them up to 10 minimum, and get rid of the mek; he has no place with lootas. Here's how you can free up some points:

Snikrot's crew is 10 points over, should be 205

Get rid of eavy armor on all nobs in boys squad: you will never use them.

Take two big shootas off the battlewagon. Like LZ said, you can't shoot them, so why have them?

Drop one kopta, and run the other two independently, so you don't have to deal with leadership issues. It also allows you to take out two vehicles/turn.

Other than that the list looks good. I like more gubbins on my warboss, but that's up to you.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2009, 20:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Warpspiderman

Thanks for the advice guys! Yeah, I think I will take off the big shootas and get grot riggers instead. Also, the eavy armour hasn't been making too big of a difference so that's gone.

I need the lootas for now for points, the eavy armor can go, but I think Ill keep the 3 deffkoptas. They are useful for effectively killing vehicles and reducing killpoints. Definitely going to give my warboss a cybork enhancement though!

The lootas usually got eaten by outflanking units, unfortunately. The game they survived they didn't doo much at all, unfortunatly. The first game I played seize ground against a space wolves guy. He wasn't new to them, he'd played them for yeeaaars. I rolled over him, took his objective and I won the game. Unfortunately I was paired up with the nidzilla list next. 8 MC's, two groups of genestealers, and two groups of gaunts. I rolled amazingly for cover, his nids were all shooting, and got into assault extremely fast, but I didn't have the strength to kill that many MC's. I got 4 carnifexes and the gaunts by the time the game was over. Snikrot and a trukk were the only survivors. My first loss as orks! Next game I had an extremely fun time with an IG player. Second turn he blew the crap out of me, killing a good 3rd of my army. On my second turn I sent in my bikes, snikky, and my koptas and blew up his demolisher, russ, and basilisk. I also killed a couple platoons. We kept on slaughtering each other and it ended in a draw. I think I ended up getting 4th or 5th place.