Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New army need tips
Old 05 Oct 2009, 00:35   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default New army need tips

Was given a Free army unpainted and assembled by my best bud who's off to Iraq. This is what I have. I've just picked up the codex and would like to know what would be the best way to implement this army to it's fullest potential.

---HQ's---

Old Zogwart Character

Ork Warlord Ghazghkull Thraka

x2 Ork Warboss with Big Choppa

---Troops---

x40 Ork Boyz

x2 Ork Trukks

---Elites---

X10 Ork Nobs

Ork Boss Snikrot

---Fast---

x6 Ork DeffKopta

---Heavy---

x1 Ork Battlewagon

x1 Ork Kaptin Badrukk

Farsight4520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2009, 15:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: New army need tips

Based on what you have I'd make thorough use of the vehicles. You don't have a ton of units, which is fine, so what you have should use the safety (generous term), of transports to get where they need to be. You can put Nobz in the Battlewagon (BW), with a Warboss. The Warboss makes them a troop choice. The 40 Boyz can be broken down into two units of 12 and each rides in a Trukk. If you need a fourth troop then you could field the remaining 16 Boyz on foot, though Boyz on foot in such a small unit are easy prey. Optionally you could field a full 30 Boyz on foot and put the last 10 in a Trukk. The 30 Boyz on foot will do well enough if you can keep concentrated fire off them by using the Deffkoptas to distract.

The Deffkoptas are great and you can make good use of them. Snikrot and Badrukk do you no good without the appropriate units for them to be in, Kommandos and Flast Gitz respectively. The rest of the units can be used to flesh out the list for points.