Deffdred
2x DCC 115
armour plates

15 kommandos
2 burnas
Snikrot 265

4 koptas
tl rokkits 180

Setup: Boss and Mek in middle. The KFF gives the dreds a 4up save, and the dreds, which are in front of the boyz give the boyz a 4 up save. Using snikrots jesus rule, he will come up to target either weak back AV or heavy fire units. Koptas will also be in reserve to do some of the same. Amour plates were added for extra points, big mek will repair immobilized if he has to. I have played tis lsit a good 5 times, and won everytime. A little chessy? I mean 80 boyz with 4 up saves and the dreds with the same. While i march up Snikrot and koptas come in. Anyways C-C Appreicited. What do you guys think?

Thnaks
arsenal1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2009, 05:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: 1500 tourny list

Im pretty sure a kommando squad can only have 15 in TOTAL. He may have the jesus ability to come in anywhere but he still counts as a unit in the 15, so if you have a squad of kommandos including him and 2 burnas you will have 12 normal kommandos to make 15 in total, saves a couple of points.

Give your warboss with the points from the kommandos an attack squig. Means he gets an extra S10 attack.

Apart from the deffkoptas, its a very assaulty army. Obviously ur dreads and boyz are going to run if they cant assault and only your deffkoptas will shoot normally, maybe to pop tanks or armoured troops like crisis suits.

A suggestion? to fit the theme of your army, give at least one kopta a buzz saw. It means taht if they shoot a tank and fail to kill it they can try and assault it, and the Buzz Saw plus the charge bonus will give him ample strength with his 2 or 3 attacks he gets. The more buzz saws the better, but if you can one is better then none :P

Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2009, 07:41   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don't think TLOS lets a dread give 20 boyz a cover save. something to do with 50% of the squad being concealed? Hard to do given the model sizes. If I'm wrong and its just a target priority thing, then you can expect your dreads to be doused by all the enemy fire pretty quick, because they wont want to be wasting shots on a squad that big with 50% saves. If that's the case you may as well make them cheap as possible.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2009, 11:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Forgot toadd. All my boyz are shootas. Its just the way i do things. And i know about snikrot. I just tohugh you had to pay for the kommando, and upgrade like for a nob. If anything at least 2 squads will get it. If not i will get a normal 5 up from the kff. And to be honest, thats better than nothing. The way i look at it, if an army has anti tank, meaning a lot, then they wont have nough fire power to kill my boyz, if they do not have tat much my dreds wont die. And as soon as my reserves come in, their anti tank will die. Yes i am some what depending on my reserves to come in. But with my cover saves, i Sohuld be ok. In almost most cases, i will be in assault turn 2 or 3. So if my opp wastes two turns of firing to kill my dreds, then 80 boyz just got into combat.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 12:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

just for shits and giggles, why not split up the deff koptas into 2 groups of 1 and 1 group of 2? i hear people like to have them all split up so that they dont have to worry about failing leadership. just a thought.

maybe get a grot mob to be in front of everything? to reinforce the cover save. just a thought, the list looks good to me, i know my bezerkers would have trouble with that.
Death-Merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2009, 16:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yea i othught aobut it with koptas. But thast 2-3 kp's instead of 1
Old 23 Sep 2009, 01:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

the kopta is an afterthought. your infantry will do your work. the kopta will distract, and die.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2009, 01:16   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I am going to test run this list vs my firend tommorw. He plays marines, he loves his ordinance. But i am afriad of him running a reedemer or two. Not much i can do there. Any suggestings
Old 23 Sep 2009, 01:54   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Slow list, but with all the saves you should be okay. It'll be hard for alot of opponents on what to focus fire on. The deffdreads are awesome anti-vehicle and the boyz will destroy anything in CC, but with the PKs in the squads roles can switch easily. Very well rounded list overall. I run 25 boy squads instead usually, but the 20 should to you fine.

Great all comers list- I might try and deploy a similar one, with three 25 boys squads and a squad of 10-15 stormboys instead of four 20 boyz mobz.

92% of teens have moved onto rap--- If you ARE part of the 92% who don't disown an entire genre of music just because they think they're too good to be part of any majority, and if you ARENT part of the 8% of judgemental people who think they're the "music police" and believe themselves to be above the rest of us and think they are the only ones with valid tastes post this on your profile!

Watson9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2009, 11:34   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Have you thought about taking Ghaz? the threat of getting a charge of 18" with 80 orks is going to be something that your opponent will be freting about all game long. And how about a unit or two of grots to work as a shield for the boys?
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote