Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Doubles Tournament - Nob Bikerz 1500-Point list
Old 28 Jun 2009, 01:00   #1 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Doubles Tournament - Nob Bikerz 1500-Point list

Alright, kiddies and mommies. There'll be a doubles tournament and I'll be pairing up with C_V's Mono Tzeentch Daemons for it. I expect 2 10-man Assault Terminator Squad, Mono Khorne Daemons, Lash Princes (but with Noise Marines and Obliterators which is much fluffier), Eldar, Eldar and more Eldar, and whatever 'Ard Boyz list out there. So, yeah basically your 'Ard Boyz atmosphere (except that everybody knows your name so it has that Cheers atmosphere). I've never played my Nob Bikerz in my local tournament yet and I want it to make it my debut (I've never made it pass Round 1 and there's also a tournament next week which I intentionally want to lose to keep my title of "Super Noob" but that's another matter altogether). So anyway, my list:

HQ
Warboss (155 points)
- Power Klaw
- Warbike
- Attack Squig
- Cybork Body
- Bosspole

Warboss (155 points)
- Power Klaw
- Warbike
- Attack Squig
- Cybork Body
- Bosspole

Troops
Nobz (595 points)
2 Nob Biker equipped with Power Klaw, Slugga and Cybork Body
1 Nob Biker equipped with Power Klaw, Slugga, Waaagh! Banner and Cybork Body
5 Nob Biker equipped with Big Choppa, Slugga and Cybork Body
1 Painboy Biker equppied with Dok's Tools, 'Urty Syringe and Cybork Body

Nobz (595 points)
2 Nob Biker equipped with Power Klaw, Slugga and Cybork Body
1 Nob Biker equipped with Power Klaw, Slugga, Waaagh! Banner and Cybork Body
5 Nob Biker equipped with Big Choppa, Slugga and Cybork Body
1 Painboy Biker equppied with Dok's Tools, 'Urty Syringe and Cybork Body
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2009, 02:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to The_One
Default Re: Doubles Tournament - Nob Bikerz 1500-Point list

I DEMAND A BATTLE REPORT OF THAT TOURNAMENT!!!

Honestly your opponents are going to be hurting with all the heavy hitting you are capable of doing...think you got enough variety in the saves (4+ armour, 4+ cover, 5+ Invuln) and the failed saves are re-rollable.

I trust that you can play them very well and I am eager to hear stories of this tournament.

Best of luck
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2009, 05:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

You aren't doing nearly a good enough job of abusing the wound allocation system. Somebody who plays cheesier than I do will probably be able to kill two or three before you hit him. Drop a Nob from each unit and start throwing in random weapons, and put 'eavy Armour on a couple just to shake things up so no two models are equipped the same way.

I feel like that would almost double the potency of this list. I also want to see how others fare against this. At least the list is where it belongs, in a nice, unfriendly 'Ard Boyz tourney with that edgy win-at-all-costs attitude floating over everyone. Someone's bound to find a real weakness in the list. Either that or they'll make one.

Or remove your casualties with a paintball gun.

Best of luck though. Try to use CV's Daemons as a shield - Tzeentch Daemons are quite resilient. They're also good for softening targets up.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2009, 03:11   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Quote:
You aren't doing nearly a good enough job of abusing the wound allocation system. Somebody who plays cheesier than I do will probably be able to kill two or three before you hit him. Drop a Nob from each unit and start throwing in random weapons, and put 'eavy Armour on a couple just to shake things up so no two models are equipped the same way.
CBF to model them that way, truth to be told. And I like my round numbers 1 Warboss + 9 Nobz = 10 models.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 03:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

But one warboss + eight nobz = nine models... Just as round if you ask me. But then, I never did pay much attention in school.

If it's down to personal preference not to model them differently, then that's your prerogative (that's really how you spell that!). But it wouldn't be too hard to model, truth be told. Half a flamer here, an armour plate there. All easy.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2009, 03:35   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

I like 10. One thing about my Nobz, they're at least armed with a Big Choppa. I like to wound most Infantry units on a 2+ as well as I can instant-kill GEQ-Characters. Anyway, no more points.