Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

'Stompa's skrapaz (1500pts)
Old 19 Apr 2009, 18:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default 'Stompa's skrapaz (1500pts)

I love dreads and kommandos so i made this (any suggestions would be much appreciated)

Big Mek 'Stompa' (Big Mek) -138
burna
kff
cybork body
attack squig
1 ammo runt

'Stompa's Ladz (30 Ork Boyz) -335
'ard boyz
nob
pk

'Stompa's Skrap luggaz(12 Ork Boyz) -162
shootas
rokkit launcha
nob
pk
trukk
rokkit launcha
red paint job

Deff Dread -105
2 dread close combat weapons

Deff Dread -105

Deff Dread -105

Deff Dread -105

'Stompa's Skrap Findaz (5 Kommandos) -85
2 rokkit launchas
nob
big choppa

Snikrot's gitz (10 kommandos) 215
2 burnas
snikrot

Da Lootaz (5 Lootas) -75

Please correct me with my spelling! (I know it's terrible)
gumgum921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2009, 02:15   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Chork Naghriz
Default Re: 'Stompa's skrapaz (1500pts)

It's a very nice list
and I can't see any big weaknesses
Old 04 May 2009, 23:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Wurrzappa Send a message via MSN to Wurrzappa

If you use it as a fun list then it seems cool but if it comes to real battles I think they will be blown away a bit to fast with a couple of well placed lascannon/blast shots... If you really like the big machines and sneaking behind your enemy then drop the 'ard boyz and get another mob in a trukk and get some killa kanz or lootas to back them up. Blow up da big fings first 'n then have fun wif smashin stuff

Me 'n ma ladz in da early dayz
Wurrzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2009, 12:30   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

First up, the Big Mek has no need of that ammo runt if he's using a burna. Second, you want a bosspole for the Trukk Boyz.

For the list itself, you're really lacking ranged fire. If you're going to take so many Dreads then give them some guns to soften things up for the Boyz. Personally, I'd get rid of one of those Dreads and get 3 Kans for some fire support, that is if you have the models for it. I'd add 2 more special weapons into the mob of 30 Boyz, again help give yourself some ranged firing. Granted, they will probably be running a lot but when they aren't running those guns will come in handy. Lastly, you only have 2 scoring units, which is going to be tough for you in games with more than 2 objectives.
Old 08 May 2009, 17:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor{DoH}
First up, the Big Mek has no need of that ammo runt if he's using a burna.
I had 3pts spare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor{DoH}
For the list itself, you're really lacking ranged fire. If you're going to take so many Dreads then give them some guns to soften things up for the Boyz. Personally, I'd get rid of one of those Dreads and get 3 Kans for some fire support, that is if you have the models for it. I'd add 2 more special weapons into the mob of 30 Boyz, again help give yourself some ranged firing. Granted, they will probably be running a lot but when they aren't running those guns will come in handy. Lastly, you only have 2 scoring units, which is going to be tough for you in games with more than 2 objectives.
The idea is for lots of deff dreads but you have a point about the lack of dakka. I must admit I'm still finding myself with orks so the advice is much appreciated.

Old 09 May 2009, 03:04   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

My advice for anyone who wants to theme out an army is to first cover your troop needs. Personally, 3 is the minimum troop count I take, never any less than that. Once I have my 3 troop minimum then I start fleshing out the fun stuff. A cheap way to go for that is to get a small unit of Grots, 10 with a Slaver is fine, to hold your own objective. Put them in reserve and when they show up they hold your home objective (reserve is so they aren't shot at all game). That leaves you 2 troops to push forward for other objectives. Once you cover that, then flesh out the Dreads and Kans and other stompy things.
Old 13 May 2009, 13:47   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I've always been put of by grots due to them being so squishy, but sticking them in reserve is a great idea I'd never thought of before. Thank you for the advice, I will certainly consider it.

Old 13 May 2009, 14:01   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

If you have an objective on your side in area terrain, there's really no better unit for holding it than Grots. They are cheap and you don't feel like you're wasting a potentially offensive unit by just squating on an objective. If it's in area terrain then Grots sit there and just go to ground when they get shot at, giving them a 3+ save, you really can't go wrong.
Old 13 May 2009, 15:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

If you're going to go with dreads, then they need the armor plates upgrade. Nothing is more annoying than having a dreadnought walk all the way across the table, almost get into charge range and then get stunned. Also, if you're in combat and you get stunned, it takes away from your killing power, while shaken results do not.

All told, the points spent on plates for your dread will be well worth it. If you can't find those points anywhere else, replace one of the dread close combat arms with a skorcha. That should give you the points you need.
Droofus is offline   Reply With Quote