Heavy Support
Rut-40 (Killa Kan)
Skorcha

Da Butcherer-40 (Killa Kan)
Skorcha

Inferno's Rage-50(looted wagon)
Skorcha

=750 Points

Once an ambitious boy, Sorck has grown in stature, he was once the Warboss for his own little tribe. Nowadays he focus's upon machinery and his "elite" grouping of Orks. His boyz are the finest of their type showing only the finest quality of Orkyness, allowing a liking for klaws or Sorks Miracle Shootas. Sork has leaded only a single campaign, this was against the Tyranids of Leviathan. He showed no mercy to the beasts though he lost many boyz, he never gave up the struggle. After a series of raiding and assaults the small swarm was finally crushed but at a heavy cost to Sorks army. Only 15 of his finest survived, as of yet they have all survived and fight for Sork although it's is on rare occasion they fight because of how few limbs are intact. Only a fool would attempt to stop Sork as he is near impossible to find, never mind injure or kill.

Any advice?
What do you think of Sork?
jimmy_mymail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2009, 20:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Colonel Sorks warband- 750points of friendly Orks

I imagine you're fielding what you have, so let's just cover the basics.

Burna Boyz, though fun, at small sizes like that should really try and get a transport if you want to use them offensively. Without the transport I'd use them defensively like covering an objective.

Meganobz, how many? You just like Meganobz. The Trukk is for them I take it?

Bosspoles, bosspoles, bosspoles. You want to spend the few points on this piece of wargear for any Nob. Granted, the Nob in the 30 Boyz mob is less inclined to need it but better safe than sorry. The Nob leading the Trukk Boyz especially needs it at their smaller size. On that note, if you don't have the extra models then I'd take a few from the 30 Boyz mob to put your Trukk Boyz at full capacity, 12 total in there. They are already small in size to fit in the Trukk, you don't want to skimp on bodies here if you can help it.

I'm a big fan of Kans but considering you lack of ranged anti-armor, I'd aim to get rokkits on them.

Not a bad list but overall I'd aim to get more Troops in there when you can. Meganobz and Burnas are nice, but with only two Troop/scoring units, you're points are better spent making sure you can handle the objectives.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 20:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

The Burna Boyz are know in the truck along with the small boyz mob in the other truck.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 20:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

That second trukk was a dedicated transport for the mega nobz, and now that you've crossed them out their trukk is gone as well. You'll have to get a looted wagon if you want the burnaz to ride in style, and I would highly recommend doing that. Drop a couple burnaz if you need the points.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2009, 21:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

It's a little unfair Burnas can't take their own truck. They'll have to do with a slower, better armoured piece of transport that can do what the Burnas are good at- Skorching and Burning things.