Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1750 - Snikrot List - My first official 'Ork' List
Old 12 Mar 2009, 09:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou
Default 1750 - Snikrot List - My first official 'Ork' List

After many practice games I finally got some new stuff people recommended (Kommandos) and made this list as my first official list and played a game at my local GW for my Ork's debut game.

Things went VERY VERY VERY well. Orks vs Imperial Fists, I won by WIPEOUT. Snikrot coming out from any board edge is great. And all the power klaws in almost every unit meant I packed a punch against everything my opponent had.

I also made silly mistakes like forget I had bosspoles lolz and I also forgot that Orks are fearless at 11+ models. So I made a couple units fall back when they shouldn't have to and yet it was quite an overwhelming victory with about 75% of my army still on the board.

I must admit so far I am very impressed with the Orks.

HQ:
1 Big Mek @ 85 Pts
Choppa; Kustom Force Field; Mek's Tools

Elite:
8 Nobz @ 185 Pts
Choppa (x7); Power Klaw (x1); Slugga (x8)

8 Nobz @ 185 Pts
Choppa (x7); Power Klaw (x1); Slugga (x8)

8 Kommandos @ 165 Pts
Choppa & Slugga
1 Boss Snikrot @ [85] Pts
Mork's Teeth

Troops:
19 Boyz @ 170 Pts
Choppa & Slugga; Big Shoota (x2)
1 Boyz Nob @ [46] Pts
Power Klaw; Slugga; Bosspole

19 Boyz @ 170 Pts
1 Boyz Nob @ [46] Pts

19 Boyz @ 170 Pts
1 Boyz Nob @ [46] Pts

19 Boyz @ 170 Pts
1 Boyz Nob @ [46] Pts

Fast Attack:
5 Deffkoptas @ 225 Pts
Choppa; Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha (x5)

5 Deffkoptas @ 225 Pts
Choppa; Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha (x5)

Total Roster Cost: 1750

So what do you guys think of this list against other more competitive lists out there?
Old 12 Mar 2009, 22:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 1750 - Snikrot List - My first official 'Ork' List

Well straight to business:

1/ 2 squad of Nobz but neither of them packing a painboy. The cost of the painboy will pain itself back ten fold. However having two unit of Nobz is alot points for 8 orks. I recommend dropping one of the squads and using its points to fund the make over.

2/ The Nobz squad needs a bosspole, painboy and a waaagh banner. The banner makes them a monster in Close Cbt and the painboy gives them the staying power. Think khorne bezerkerz mixed with plauge marines. Wihtout at least a bosspole and an HQ to baby sit them they are going to be taking LD quite fast.

3/ The Kommandos are a great unit but they are lacking some real punch. I recommend giving them 2 burnas and 3 more Kommodos. A nice size unit that can go toe to toe with anything out there now. Units in cover flame them, power armour units use the burna as a power wpn.

4/ Regretfully unless you are not running which most ork rarely do the bigshootas are going to be a waste of points. My other concern with these squads is their size. 20 orks cannot go up agaisnt close cbt specialized squads at this number. The higher initiative units will roughly 6-9 orks thus keeping you fearless and forcing you to make no retreat saves. These saves will then put you below the fearless count. Round 2 you take the punch and go down hard. I recommend at least beefing them up to unit of 25 but if you can 30.

5/ Deffkoptas are another great unit but having 10 of them in two units leaves me feeling shifty in my pants. Might be a grot or snotling in them. The thing is with no tanks in your list they make a prime canidate to be shot at with anti tank wpns. These wpn will instant kill the models thus forcing leadership checks in no time at all.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2009, 10:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou
Default Re: 1750 - Snikrot List - My first official 'Ork' List

I always keep the koptas in reserves, i feel it takes a lot less weight off of them if they come in from turn 2 and on. Since by the my army should be knocking at my opponent's doorstep and he'll have too many things to deal with to put all his focus into trying to kill the koptas. Also lets the koptas come from the flanks 12" in and fire since they'll usually be a good target within their range.

It's worked well for me thus far. Another good trick i do, is to send them in to shoot and then assault a weak unit by the flanks dat I can expect to keep me in combat but not kill me that way I can hit and run out of combat after my opponent's turn and pick another target. Or potentially killed said weak unit to the same desired effect.