Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 pt list
Old 07 Feb 2009, 17:54   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default 1500 pt list

Hey all, was wondering what you would change on what ive got going with my models. Im unsure about the Battlewagon combo and the one squad of footsloggers.

HQ
Warboss
cybork, PK, BP
to be added with the nobs in the trukk

Elites
5 Lootas

Troops
12 Shoota Boyz
1 w/ big shoota
to be placed in the Battlewagon as my mobile shooting platform

20 Boyz
1 Nob PK BP

10 Nobz
1 Painboy w/ orderly
1 PK
6 Big Choppas
1 Waagh Banner
All cybork
Trukk w/ reinforced ram

Fast Attack
6 Warbikerz
1 Nob PK BB

3 Deffkoptaz
All TL RL
1 Buzzsaw

10 Stormboyz
1 Nob PK BP

Heavy Support
Battlewagon
KillKannon
Deff Rolla
Grot Riggers
1 Big Shoota

Total = 1497 pts 69 models
skybronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2009, 06:03   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: 1500 pt list

Quote:
HQ
Warboss
cybork, PK, BP
to be added with the nobs in the trukk
Cheap and good but where's the 'Eavy Armor? Combining 4+ Armor Save and FNP is a Monster.

Quote:
Elites
5 Lootas
Preferably for Shooty Orks; either you got numbers or templates. 5 Lootas aren't enough IMHO. maybe drop them to pay for the essential upgrades that other units need.

Quote:
12 Shoota Boyz
1 w/ big shoota
to be placed in the Battlewagon as my mobile shooting platform
Quote:
Heavy Support
Battlewagon
KillKannon
Deff Rolla
Grot Riggers
1 Big Shoota
To be honest, I think Battlewagons perform best if they're equipped with a Deff Rolla and Tank-Shocking/Ramming everything in its way. Also, you go for Shooty BW, drop the Deff Rolla. And those Shoota Boyz must have a Nob with PK.

Quote:
20 Boyz
1 Nob PK BP
Solid but IMO more Boyz.

Quote:
10 Nobz
1 Painboy w/ orderly
1 PK
6 Big Choppas
1 Waagh Banner
All cybork
Trukk w/ reinforced ram
They need 'Eavy Armor. So, Bolter/Pulse/Shuriken rounds don't tear your Nobz to bitz. And try to put in another PK if you can.

Quote:
6 Warbikerz
1 Nob PK BB
Solid

Quote:
3 Deffkoptaz
All TL RL
1 Buzzsaw
One Deffkopta down will force them to take a Ld Test and with no BP, to re-roll your Ld 7. You might find them running off the boards before you can do any real damage. Either pump more into it or put 1 Deffkopta per FoC.

Quote:
10 Stormboyz
1 Nob PK BP
Hmmm......looks good.

Overall, too many Shock Troops for yor kind of army. I can't help but feel.....very uneasy seeing this list :-\
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2009, 16:31   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Ok, thanks for your input Zenai. I dont Have my codex on me so i cant full point it out, but what im thinking about with your recomendations is to drop the lootas, 2 Deffkoptaz and the buzzsaw, and get rid of the KK upgrade on the BW for just a regular Kannon. That should free up about 240 pts or so. Ill put that 20 boyz squad in the BW, increase the size of the shoota squad and add a nob with PK BP. What would you suggest with the rest of the points for this type of list? Another unit of boyz or maybe a looted wagon so i can still get one of those ordnance templates? Also as for the 'eavy armor, that squad ends up getting pelted with low ap stuff, since low ap is usually high strength to help weed out the squad and deny FNP saves(if the trukk gets destroyed before they get to their intended assaulting targets). I also play marines alot that usually have some power weapons so the cybork is really nice for me. Also could you tell me what makes you uneasy about the list? Is it just too much fast attack and not balanced enough? Thanks again for your help.
Old 09 Feb 2009, 17:12   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Quote:
Also as for the 'eavy armor, that squad ends up getting pelted with low ap stuff, since low ap is usually high strength to help weed out the squad and deny FNP saves(if the trukk gets destroyed before they get to their intended assaulting targets).
Better than getting chucked at with Bolters. The 'Eavy Armor is also suppose to help you out when you're in CC and make them less vulnerable to normal attacks. Also, maybe you can get a Big Mek with Power Klaw and KFF to join your Nobz so it gives a 4+ Cover Save to your Trukk. Put the Battlewagon next to the Trukk and your Storm Boyz can follow from behind in cover while your Warbikes at the other side of the Trukk And use your extra points for more boyz + Nob with PK and BP.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2009, 19:53   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Ok so here is a revised list. Let me know if this makes you less uneasy.

HQ
Warboss
'eavy armor PK BP
to be added with nobz in da trukk

Troops
20 Shoota Boyz
2 BS
1 Nob PK BP

20 Boyz
1 Nob PK BP
to go in the BW

19 Boyz
1 Nob PK BP

10 Nobz
1 PB w/ orderly
6 BC 1 PK
All 'eavy armor in Trukk w/ RR

Fast Attack
6 Warbikerz
1 Nob PK BP

10 Stormboyz
1 Nob PK BP

1 Deffkopta
TLRL

Heavy Support
Battle Wagon
Kannon, BS, Grots, Deff Rolla

Total pts = 1499 Total models = 88
Old 11 Feb 2009, 08:46   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Chork Naghriz

Pretty good, one thing I did notice was your battlewagon had killkannon and deffrolla, I use the same combination and alot of people said to make it shooty or rolly but that might just be them.
Old 12 Feb 2009, 00:35   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well now I have it with just a regular Kannon. I dont know if I agree with that though. I like the deffrolla also for the fear it brings, and re-rolling difficult terrain. Even though i might not use the deffrolla for tank shocking, ppl know its there and what it can do. I would always take it for either platform i think. I have the second list with a regular Kannon because the way i modeled my BW I used one of the Big gunz on it. That way I can use it for either a shooty BW with Killkannon, or an assaulty one with 20 seats and a regular kannon. Not sure wich way I really want to use it yet. Zenai didnt like the shooty platform, but i think it would be good so i may still try it.