Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

1750 Raven Squig
Reply
Old 03 Feb 2009, 23:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 8,901
Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default 1750 Raven Squig

Okay so I re-wrote it to include a couple units to hold my objectives (i.e. gretchin). The grots fluff wise will be mechanics and runners for the klan.

HQ
Bigboss Morteef Dakkaslag - Counts as Wazdakka
180pts

Warboss Goretoof 'Ugegob

-Warbike
-Cybork Body
-Power Klaw
135pts

Elites
none

Troops
6x Nobz
-Warbikes
-x Big Choppa
-2x Power Klaw
-Bosspole
-Waaagh! Banner
-Painboy
-Cybork Bodies
-2x Combi-Skorcha
425pts

9x Bikers
Nob
-Big Choppa
-Bosspole
270pts


9x Bikers
Nob
-Power Klaw
-Bosspole
290pts

9x Bikers
Nob
-Power Klaw
-Bosspole
290pts

10x Gretchin
Runtherd
-Grot Prod
45pts

10x Gretchin
Runtherd
-Grot Prod
45pts

Fast Attack
None

Heavy Support
none

TOTAL: 1740

10 points to play with... and I need a Klan Name.
__________________
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2009, 13:53   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On the Midnight Ocean
Posts: 26,404
Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: 1750 Raven Squig

This isn't remotely legal.

The warboss allows one unit of Nobs (including Nob Warbikers) to be taken as Troops. Wazdakka allows any number of Warbikers (not Nob Warbikers) to be taken as Troops.

Thankfully, you can salvage your list just by putting three of the Nob units back into Elites... but you've got sod-all in the way of Scoring units.
__________________
Farewell, Kangaroo Joe, you shall not be forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2009, 14:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tuvalu
Posts: 1,442
Default Re: 1750 Raven Squig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
The warboss allows one unit of Nobs (including Nob Warbikers) to be taken as Troops. Wazdakka allows any number of Warbikers (not Nob Warbikers) to be taken as Troops.
...

He did adhere to these limitations. He has one squad of Nobs as Troops, and three Warbikers squads as Troops. Perhaps you misread the Nobs in those Warbiker squads as applicable to the entire unit?
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2009, 20:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 8,901
Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: 1750 Raven Squig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
This isn't remotely legal.

The warboss allows one unit of Nobs (including Nob Warbikers) to be taken as Troops. Wazdakka allows any number of Warbikers (not Nob Warbikers) to be taken as Troops.

Thankfully, you can salvage your list just by putting three of the Nob units back into Elites... but you've got sod-all in the way of Scoring units.
Indeed it appears you cannot read my friend.
__________________
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2009, 08:35   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On the Midnight Ocean
Posts: 26,404
Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: 1750 Raven Squig

I blame you for your formatting. Putting the title in bold, then the 'Nob' in bold made it look like you were referring to Nob Warbikers, so the skim-read gave four units of Nobs.
__________________
Farewell, Kangaroo Joe, you shall not be forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2009, 08:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,636
Default Re: 1750 Raven Squig

Wargamer, Gorechild, don't you two start...It was a simple mistake.

Sorry, I've seen what happens when wargamer gets fired up, and Gorechild, I know you in reality. Big Smiles Everyone
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2009, 23:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 8,901
Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: 1750 Raven Squig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
I blame you for your formatting. Putting the title in bold, then the 'Nob' in bold made it look like you were referring to Nob Warbikers, so the skim-read gave four units of Nobs.
Maybe you shouldnt skim read then... It never is your fault is it?
__________________
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raven Wing. 1750 Aussie tournament Army Jeff Space Marines Army Lists 12 15 Nov 2009 05:03
1750 Raven Wing Jeff Space Marines Army Lists 1 22 Aug 2009 01:19
New 1750 point Raven Squig. Jeff Ork Army Lists 9 18 Jan 2009 07:26
Raven on Raven [1,500pt battle report] Wargamer Space Marines Army Lists 1 15 Jul 2008 20:10
The Raven (The Raven Guard 3rd Company) Vash113 Fluff/Stories 8 05 May 2007 10:27