Eavy, PK x 2
BC x 6
Waaagh! Banner
Trukk - Red Paint

Boom Wagon 105

Boom Wagon 105

Killa Kans x 3 135
Grotzookas

The SAG Mek is in a group with the Gretchin so he can get more shots off. I want to put the burna boyz in the trukk and get them close as quickly as possible. Even though I love the fact that I have a lot of templates, I question the effectivness of Boomwagons and Grotzookas. I'm open to suggestions. There is also a part of me that wants to add a BattleWagon with Deffrolla or potentially Ghazghkull Thraka. Thanks for the comments!
kmcdanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 23:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to The_One
Default Re: 2000 point Balanced List

I'll take this in sections if you don't mind:
Just a quick word, you are exactly 40 pts over 2000.

Warboss: You've got a good set-up with him although taking a Bosspole is kind of useless considering that all your Boyz have one. Unless you planned on attaching him to a different squad (of whom I can't see) i'd drop it, find 5 points (which will be discussed with the Kans) and get Cybork body. TL Shoota is good in this list.

Big Mek: Again drop the Bosspole and get the Cybork body. Will especially help if Gork and Mork conspire against you and you roll a 'Zoink!'

Lootas: Good fire base. Great for killing units that could charge your SAG mek.

Burna Boyz: Always been a fan of these. The drive-by's are great 12 is a solid number but if you lose 3 your taking morale.

Shoota Boyz: Standard Nob configuration. Very safe. Just keep moving them forward and (even without Sluggas and Choppas) i'd recommend charging, ONLY because your opponent should be weakened by the sheer weight of fire coming from those squads.

Gretchin: Small unit size, no Grot-prod. I assume these are for sitting on your deployment zone objective? Not a wise decision IMO but a choice nonetheless.

Nobz: I'd throw some Kombi-Skorchas in there ONLY because when they hit enemy lines they could weaken those pesky terminators (or large bug groups) with the templates. Again Cybork bodies are a must considering that your taking a Painboy and should make use of ALL it's advantages.

Boomwagons: 2 is a good number to have but it's a bit of overkill. Yes the Guard do have their sheer number of Ordanance templates and what isn't fun about dropping 2 Large blast markers in the middle of a swarm of 'nids. But one of those 105 pts could be used getting your Nobs, Warboss and Mek, cybork bodies.

Kans: HERE is where I have criticism. Never been a fan of Grotzookas only because of how close you need to be to use them. I prefer Big Shootas only because then it A) saves you points (about 15 pts) and B) The higher BS on the Kans make shooting GUNS (not templates) a bit more appealing.

Most of that was criticism but you have a solid looking list. Not a lot of changes to make, mostly the Kans, unnecessary Bosspoles and Cybork bodies.

As for the Battlewagon; they are fun to take, fun to use. But the Deffrolla has a lot of controversy around it's use against tanks. While i'm not saying it's useless, dropping off a full strength unit of Meganobz THEN plowing into a unit of Terminators is extremely appealing (and fun to watch). I'd recommend taking one if you find the points.

Thrakka: Fielded him, didn't like him. In a foot-slogging list he is next to useless because EVERYTHING is going to be ahead of him. If you throw him in the above Battlewagon with MAN then let the limbs start flying as he rips unit-after-unit to shreads.

Don't know what else to say. Hope that helps some
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 04:27   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

KMC,

What I see here is are couple of issues both are linked to a lack of mobility. This army would be great for sitting tight and taking on 'Nids or similar, but attacking against Marines or Eldar you could be a little un-stuck.

The list is pretty comprehensive list which I image would works in three sections, support (SAG etc), Horde (3x30 Boys + kans) and Fast (the two trukks).

- Point 1 - The first turn
I feel the Fast section is too small, trukks pop easily even with the all too common S4 attacks so more of them (or a Battlewagon) wouldn't go a-miss to get more clobber and survivability in the first wave. You could also let the nobs to their own thing, give them thier own Boss pole and stick the Boss with the Buna's... V.Nasty!

- Point 2 - Turn 3+
Assuming you're Hoarde are well up the table, ditto the Trukks, who'se going to look after the Heavy weapons? A scout squad/flanker/deepstriker would have a field day. The Loota's have No Bosspole to stop this small unit from running early and the Grots may be able tar-pit for a turn to save the SAG but that's about it. Consider at least a Trukk for the Lootas to escape in, hide in/behind. Even better a mob of 12 Shoota's in a Trukk with Nob, BP & PK.

To free up points for one of the two ideas shrink one of the 30boys mobs or remove a boomgun, if you like both then remove both Boomguns and shrink the mobs. If you want more dakka you can always maxx out the mobs with B.Shootas. Add this to the B.Shootas on the Kans (See "one's" comments before) and you should still be able to shoot up a fair bit.

Hope it helps
Welshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 07:09   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for all the comments so far! Based on what you guys said I decided to make some changes.

Warboss 100
PK
Eavy
TL Shoota
Bosspole

Big Mek 105
SAG
Eavy
Boss Pole

Lootas x 12 180

Burna Boyz x 10 150

Shoota Boyz x 29 220
Nob w/ PK, Bosspole

Shoota Boyz x 29 220
Nob w/ PK, Bosspole

Shoota Boyz x 29 220
Nob w/ PK, Bosspole

Gretchin x 9 40
Runtherd

Nobz x 9 + Painboy 540
Eavy, PK x 3
BC x 6
Waaagh! Banner
Battle Wagon
Grot Riggers
Red Paint
Armor Plates
Deff Rolla
Big Shoota

Boom Wagon 105

Battle Wagon 135
Grot Riggers
Red Paint
Armor Plates
Deff Rolla
Big Shoota

I decided to take you up on your advice and put the warboss with the flamer boyz in the second battlewagon. The grots will go with the SAG Mek as before, and I also added one more Nob with a PK and a Bosspole. Do you think the battle wagons will be strong enough to withstand fire long enough to drop off the Flamer boyz and Nobz?
kmcdanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 13:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

1. You actually get 10 gretchin and 1 slaver for 40 pts
2. Drop the TL Shoota on the Warboss and one of the Grot riggers from the battlewagons and buy your boss a cybork body. That well prove its worth more than the two of those combined.
3/ Make one or two of the shootas squads a slugga squad. If you waaagh with any of those they will not be shooting and thus the adavantage of shootas over sluggas is lost.
4/ Drop the second grot rigger and buy your nob squad a Bosspole which will also porve to be well worth your time over a grot rigger.
5/ As for your question well that depends on what army your up against and how well you and your opponent play.
6/ The reason for the grot riggers not be all that great is that they are not alllowed to be used until your next shooting phase which means your battlewagons are not moving for a full turn. Every turn an ork army is not moving is advantage for your opponent as he get more time to deal with you.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote