Nob w/ Power Klaw, Boss Pole

Shoota Boyz x 29 = 235
Big Shoota x 3

Shoota Boyz x 29 = 235
Big Shoota x 3

Total = 1455

My plan is to mount the nobs along with the warboss in the trukk and use them to quickly get into assault while the lootas and big Mekprovide cover fire. I also love the idea of 90 footslogging Boyz.

However, I have 45 points left to spend. Any suggestions? I am considering possibly cutting down the size of my Nobz squad in order to add a Deff Dread. Let me know what you think. Thanks
kmcdanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2009, 10:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 1500 point army in need of criticism

Unless you add some other fast elements to harass your opponent, you will find that those nobz and your warboss are going to die very quickly. If I were playing you, they'd be my first target. Once I popped the trukk I'd kill your lootaz and mek, then go to work on your mobs while keeping my distance.

You need to get in your opponents face and make them choose how they want to die. Add some coptas, buggies, or more trukks otherwise your opponent will destroy your trukk and then outmanuver your boyz. Not sure what types of armies you usually play against, but that's what I'd do.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2009, 22:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I also have to agree with Scoutfox's assessment.
Having a quick Turn 2 harasser is a MUST.
I started with a foot-sloggy army too, and it often got shot to pieces.
But when I gave my Boss a Bike, well... everything changed...
It isn't so much that a quick mover will KILL so much, but the THREAT of it will make the opponent shoot over there instead of at the incoming horde.
Now, you may be looking at your list and thinking: But I have the SAG and the Lootas, won't that make better targets?
It's strange to think, but nobody takes Lootas seriously, as people think they're Orks with guns Also, the SAG Mek, tho I personally approve, it's hard to make them reliable. In any case, there's not much that will make an army not just stay back and dakka out your trukk and harm everything with pie-plates or blasts (which most lists could handily do at 1500pts...)
I don't want to kill your very excellent concept of mass Boyz, so you may want to consider using a KFF Big Mek. Not only does he provide cover to any nearby vehicles, he greatly extends the life of your mobs.
I think of foot-sloggers as a "doom-timer" in a way. If you spread them out well enough, they're actually hard to get around, and anything they touch they will destroy, but they're slow to get across the board. You need something to make your boyz live until Round 3-4 (when most of the turtle-style armies will be within range).
Now if your enemy sort of... forgets... or gets distracted by something else zipping in his face, well... It'll be a brick to the face.
In terms of scrounging points, you have a lot of BC's and a few too many Nobz, any of which could be scrounged up for points.
Also, and this has worked a few times... you could just make a grot screen. Granted, it won't work for more than a few rounds, but that's all it takes really

Best,
-BT

Edit: Oh, yes, and as it was once told to me, "Always, always, always 'Bork the Boss." As a multi-wound IC, he will be hit with everything under the sun to try and Insta-kill him or at least hit him with power weapons. Cyborking him may not always work, but it helps!
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2009, 07:42   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks so much more the feedback thus far. It is greatly appreciated. After much thinking, I'm still very torn on what to do. I'm torn on whether or not to take the KFF MEK instead of the SAG MEK. Even though the KFF MEK is probably the safer bet, there is just something about the randomness of the SAG that I'm not quite sure I can part with. I'll have to give it much more thought. Anyway here's what I've come up with so far. More feedback would be great!

Warboss = 100 pts
Power Klaw
Eavy Armour
TL Shoota
Boss Pole

Big Mek = 105 pts
SAG
Eavy Armor
Boss Pole

Lootas x 12 = 160 pts

Nobz x 5 + Painboy = 300 pts
Eavy, PK x 2
Big Choppa x 3
Boss Pole
Trukk - Red Paint, Armor, Grot Riggers

Nobz x 4 + Painboy = 265 pts
Eavy, PK x 2
Big Choppa x 2
Trukk - Red Paint, Armor, Grot Riggers

Shoota Boyz x 19 = 170
Big Shoota x 2

Shoota Boyz x 19 = 170
Big Shoota x 2

Shoota Boyz x 29 = 235
Big Shoota x 3

Total = 1505
kmcdanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2009, 14:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

kmcdanie:
This list is shaping up very nicely!
I'm glad to see that the SAG has captured your attention. I hope it serves you well!
Few C&C:
It looks like with the Boss Pole on the Big Mek you're considering putting him in the Lootas. I recommend not to do so, as the Lootas are usually shooting at quite different things than the Mek. I've found that Lootas blow up lightly armored transports, bikes and such as your shots are variable, but the Big Mek is best for Termies and MEQs, what with its variable strength. A unit of grots is very useful to anchor the Big Mek and give him some valuable "ablative wounds" and some assault cover.
The two trucks are much nicer, although I would suggest putting Rams on both. Going through cover is one of the best things the trukks can do, and getting stuck is well... just unfortunate. The Grot Riggers aren't as useful as they seem, mostly due to that by the time you think about fixing them, you've already missed your opportunity to get your assault off. Still, some people swear by them...
Oh umm... still, I highly recommend to Cybork the Warboss.

Good luck with the list!

Best,
-BT
BigToof is offline   Reply With Quote