Old 22 Dec 2008, 18:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler
Default REVISED 2000 point Ravensquig army, need advice

[hr]
[hr]

HQ 1: Warboss
Total: 145
[size=7pt]Power klaw, shoota/rokkit kombi-weapon, warbike, cybork body, bosspole [/size]

HQ 2: Warboss
Total: 145
[size=7pt]Same as above [/size]

[hr]

Elite 1: 6 Nob Bikers
Total: 380
[size=7pt]1 power klaw, 1 shoota/skorcha kombi-weapon, 1 painboy, cybork bodies, bosspole, Waaagh! banner [/size]

Elite 2: 6 Nob Bikers

[hr]

Troop 1: 6 Nob Bikers
[size=7pt]1 power klaw, 1 shoota/skorcha kombi-weapon, 1 painboy, cybork bodies, bosspole, Waaagh! banner [/size]

Troop 2: 6 Nob Bikers

[hr]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 1810 Points [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

There's the core so far...um, not really sure what I'm doing. First of all, the painboy gets cybork too, right? Second, cybork is good and all but I'm not sure I want to model it on every single damn biker, so...if I don't take cybork bodies am I still gonna perform well or will it hurt the list too much? Any other advice for what to change, what to add, etc. is sure welcome, but I'd like to stick to the all-biker theme if at all possible.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2008, 18:59   #2 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Re: 2000 point Ravensquig army, need advice

Here's my 1750-point list:
Quote:
HQ
Warboss (155 points)
- Power Klaw
- Warbike
- Attack Squig
- Cybork Body
- Bosspole

Warboss (155 points)
- Power Klaw
- Warbike
- Attack Squig
- Cybork Body
- Bosspole

Elites
Nobz (380 points)
1 Nob Biker equipped with Power Klaw, Slugga, Cybork Body and Bosspole
4 Nob Biker equipped with Big Choppa, Slugga and Cybork Body
1 Painboy equppied with Dok's Tools, 'Urty Syringe and Cybork Body

Nobz (380 points)
1 Nob Biker equipped with Power Klaw, Slugga, Cybork Body and Bosspole
4 Nob Biker equipped with Big Choppa, Slugga and Cybork Body
1 Painboy equppied with Dok's Tools, 'Urty Syringe and Cybork Body

Troops
Nobz (340 points)
1 Nob Biker equipped with Power Klaw, Slugga and Cybork Body
1 Nob Biker equipped with Big Choppa, Slugga Waaagh! Banner and Cybork Body
2 Nob Biker equipped with Big Choppa, Slugga and Cybork Body
1 Painboy equppied with Slugga, Choppa, Dok's Tools, 'Urty Syringe and Cybork Body, and accompanied by a Grot Orderly

Nobz (340 points)
1 Nob Biker equipped with Power Klaw, Slugga and Cybork Body
1 Nob Biker equipped with Big Choppa, Slugga Waaagh! Banner and Cybork Body
2 Nob Biker equipped with Big Choppa, Slugga and Cybork Body
1 Painboy equppied with Slugga, Choppa, Dok's Tools, 'Urty Syringe and Cybork Body, and accompanied by a Grot Orderly
I suggest using my Warboss Configuration. It's 10 points more but it has proven the best for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenai
For Nob Biker's Wargear, do not, and I repeat, do not waste points on Kombi-weapons or TL Shootas as your Dakkaguns are good enough Range Weapons and your points are better spent elsewhere. I know having all of them with PK is attractive and alluring but sometimes taking Big Choppas is just as good as well as a cheaper alternative when you need some spare points. I say upgrade one Nob with PK and the rest with Big Choppas. I know people say the basic Choppa is good but wounding most units on a 2+ and glancing most vehicles on a 4+ (3+ if you charged) is just too attractive for just a measly 5 points. Waaagh! Banner is a very good upgrade and I say it's totally worth it to hit most units on a 3+ and wounding them on a 2+ with my Big Choppas. Another good thing Big Choppa has over the basic Choppa is that I can Instant-Gib a GEQ IC. 'Eavy Armor is a total waste since the Warbike upgrade gives you a 4+ Armor Save anyway. Bosspole is good on a Nob with the PK too unless you want to attach a Warboss on Warbike (which I recommend especially with Nob Bikerz) in which you give the Warboss the Bosspole upgrade. Ammo Runt is kinda redundant as you can already re-roll failed Rolls to Hit with your Dakkaguns that are Twin-Linked.

Painboy is a MUST. This is the very element that will turn your Nob Biker from Killing Machine to God-Killers. Cybork is a MUST as well as you will likely go up against opponents with Power weapons and/or Power Fists. That lucky 5+ Invulnerable Save might spell the difference between Victory or running away like a 'oomie. Grot Orderly is good too when you have that bad FNP roll that will kill your precious model.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2008, 21:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Attack squigs? I like the +1 attack but I don't want to model them. And I like cybork bodies but boy do I not like the idea of an entire cybork biker army...I want SOME normal Orks in there. :P

Why no kombi-weapons though? The dakkaguns are only S5, but I suppose the klaws are good enough for anti-vehicle duty? And no bosspoles on the nobs?

Quote:
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Old 23 Dec 2008, 01:01   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
Attack squigs? I like the +1 attack but I don't want to model them. And I like cybork bodies but boy do I not like the idea of an entire cybork biker army...I want SOME normal Orks in there. :P
Well, don't have to actually model them per say.

Quote:
Why no kombi-weapons though? The dakkaguns are only S5, but I suppose the klaws are good enough for anti-vehicle duty? And no bosspoles on the nobs?
Depends really. Dakkaguns are already there. Yes, Power Klaws are the preferred Anti-Tank weapons of the Ravensquigs. It's a must for Warbosses. What with them being Strength 5 and with the Power Klaw, the can Auto-Penetrate most vehicles. Big Choppas are also good on the normal Nobz though. But at least, have one Power Klaw or 2 in each Nob Biker Mob.

Since I'm already attaching a Bosspole to my Warboss, why I want to waste another 5 points putting a Bosspole on a Nob in the Mob I wanna attach my Warboss to?
Old 23 Dec 2008, 01:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Well, don't have to actually model them per say.
Tournies! :P

Quote:
Since I'm already attaching a Bosspole to my Warboss, why I want to waste another 5 points putting a Bosspole on a Nob in the Mob I wanna attach my Warboss to?
Yeah, you have a point.

Is it better to run with all nobs and just two scoring units, or should I use the Wazzdakka character? I like the idea of having a small, tough army of nobs, but that sounds like a huge disadvantage, too.

Quote:
Old 23 Dec 2008, 01:32   #6 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Quote:
Is it better to run with all nobs and just two scoring units, or should I use the Wazzdakka character? I like the idea of having a small, tough army of nobs, but that sounds like a huge disadvantage, too.
Depends. I won most of my games because I destroyed my opponent's Troop :P even the Horde Armies.
Old 30 Dec 2008, 05:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

[hr]
[hr]

Total: 155
[size=7pt]Power klaw, warbike, cybork body, bosspole, attack squig [/size]

Total: 155

[hr]

Total: 395
[size=7pt]6 bikers, 2 power klaws, 1 painboy, cybork bodies, bosspole, Waaagh! banner [/size]

Total: 395

[hr]

Troop 1: 7 Nob Bikers
Total: 440
[size=7pt]7 bikers, 2 power klaws, 1 painboy, cybork bodies, Waaagh! banner [/size]

Troop 2: 7 Nob Bikers
Total: 440

[hr]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 1980 Points [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

Here's the revised list, need help figuring out what to spend that last 20 points on and if I did the right thing so far, especially with multiple klaws.

Quote:
Old 30 Dec 2008, 06:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: REVISED 2000 point Ravensquig army, need advice

Its late here in Utah but I'll look over it the first thing in the morning. Consider this space reserved.
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2008, 15:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

That's looking like a nasty list, in the good way.

I'd remove the bosspoles off the Warbosses and put a bosspole on each Nob biker squad that lacks them, the 7 per-squads. Even if you intend to attach the Warboss to those Nobz, you may want the option of detaching the Boss later on and if he's the one with the bosspole then that's no good for the Nobz and he has no use for one if he's going solo for a bit.

Those extra points you have would be well spent on some big choppas. Nobz on the charge at I4 and S7 is very nice and for only a few points.
Old 30 Dec 2008, 15:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Indeed, I forgot all about them...I could cut it down to one klaw per squad and then try to stick big choppas on everyone.

Okay, so here it is again...fixed some mistakes, made suggested changes, and now:

[hr]
[hr]

Total: 150
[size=7pt]Power klaw, warbike, cybork body, attack squig [/size]

Total: 150

[hr]

Total: 400
[size=7pt]6 bikers, 1 power klaw, 1 painboy, cybork bodies, bosspole, Waaagh! banner, big choppas [/size]

Total: 400

[hr]

Troop 1: 7 Nob Bikers
Total: 450
[size=7pt]7 bikers, 1 power klaw, 1 painboy, cybork bodies, bosspole, Waaagh! banner, big choppas [/size]

Troop 2: 7 Nob Bikers
Total: 450

[hr]

[size=14pt]Army Total: 2000 Points [/size]

[hr]
[hr]

Quote: