Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Warboss "Blood Claw's" Blood Axe Army
Old 04 Jan 2007, 20:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Warboss "Blood Claw's" Blood Axe Army

My warboss "Blood Claw" an ex Kommando himself values the ability of his soliders to be able to inflitrate and is willing to get as many 'neaky' soliders as possible...even if they are KROOT.

HQ

136 Warboss "Blood Claw" with PK/Slugga/'Eavy Armour and a wartrukk with Rokkit Rigger/xtra armour*
138 4 Nobz: 2 with PK/Slugga and 2 with choppa/slugga for Blood Claw's Body guard
240 5 Kroot Shaper Council members with 2 hounds each and Fleet of Claw Adaptation

Elite

191 17 Kroot Headhunters

Troops

4 squads of:
158 9 Kommandos with Tankbustas and 1 rokkit.* Nob with Pk/slugga
1 squad of:
141 9 Kommandos 1 rokkit.* Nob with Pk/slugga
181 20 Kroot Carnivores

Fast

240 Kroot hound pack with 18 kroot and 12 hounds with the hyper active nymune organ (fleet of claw)

Heavy

101 10 Kroot Hunters (snipers)

Total Pts 2000 with 142 Troops

Blood Claw himself is no longer able to infiltrate due to old war wounds and his permanent power claw that make him a little to noises to do so.** So instead he uses his wartrukk and 4 Nobs to deal with the treat of 'Eavies on the battle field.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2007, 17:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Warboss "Blood Claw's" Blood Axe Army

Not legal, for starters. You have five Kroot units, and only four Ork Troop choices.

Also, it's very inneficient. If you want to get bang for your buck, you have to bury Eviceratiors in the Kroot squads, all of them. Particularly the Shaper Council, they need some kind of fancy weapons or they're just overpriced turkeys with no combat skill.

Just like the Evicerators, all your Mobz should pack Power Klaws.

Lastly, Headhunters... great against Wraithlords, but then so is an Evicerator. Against anything less tough, it's wasted.

Consider:
20 Headhunters attack a Carnifex at WS4 T6 3+, giving the Kroot the benefit of the charge. 40 Attacks, 20 Hits, 10 Wounds, 3.33 unsaved.

20 Carnivores + Shaper w/ Evicerator charge the 'Fex: 57 Attacks, 28.5 Hits, 4.75 Wounds, 1.58 unsaved. Evicerator, 4 Attacks, 2 Hits, 2 unsaved wounds.

20 Headhunters attack a squad of Nurgle Plague Marines, again charging. 40 Attacks, 20 Hits, 10 Wounds, 3.33 unsaved.

20 Carnivores + Shaper w/ Evicerator attack the Death Guard. 57 Attacks, 28.5 hits, 19 Wounds, 3.17 unsaved. Another 2 from the Evicerator.

So you get 3.33 FHMCEQ* wounds off the Headhunters and 3.58 from the Carnivores... waste of points. Against T5 it's even worse, same 3.33 from the Headhunters but an a superb 5.17 from the regular non-venomous grunts. .Against Wraithlords the normal Carnivores are useless, but against vehicles and anything but a T8+ target, Carnivores are a much better buy.

[hr]

*Freaking Huge Monstrous Creature Equivilants.

AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2007, 18:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

I love the concept for the army though!

Why not just try "tweaking" it a bit though.

For starters I'd suggest adding a few more nobs to the retinue but only having 2-3 (plus the warboss!) actually armed with power claws. The rest can just have good slugga/choppa combo. It'll do lots of damage, have more wounds and might even be a few points cheaper.

I would forgo the shaper council entirely, you're better off with just getting more kroot!

As Novae suggested, Nobs with power claws should lead all the commando squads.

Why not try this configuration for your Kroot carnivore squads (and try taking like 3 of them!)

16 Kroot carnivores, including a shaper w/ eviscerator
174 points

So a little less per squad, fewer models but lots more damage potential!

It's a great concept, it just needs another try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2007, 20:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I don't see how it is illegal since I meet my ork armies complusaries first (1 HQ, 4 Troops, and 1 elite = 5 ork choices) and only took one of each type of Kroot squad (5 kroot choices) since that is that is allowed.* With that being said I'm not allowed to take more than one kroot Carnivore Squad.

Not really too concerned on it being effective since winning isn't the reason I play.** My concept is one that is modled around how professional armies sometimes are used as ETT (embedded training teams) with small foreign armies/indigineous people (Vietnam & Afghanistan are examples).** The orks get the benefit of using troops that know the area and don;t have to commit large resources to meet their operational needs.** The kroot obiviously get to learn from the orks and collect DNA they normally are not exposed to.** I have the shaper concil there acting as the Command structure for the kroot...its either them or a master shaper.** The headhunter I have never used but not really much other choices for elites from the* kroots, thus the headhunters.**

I think I will add some nobs to the kommando squads with PKs but as for the eviscerator i think i will pass since the kroot are essential just pawns for the orks.** I wouldn't even have the nob retuine if I could infiltrate my boss but since I cannot I want him in a vehicle so he isn;t left out of the battle.* If he is going to roll in wartrukk figured he might as well have some company and I picked 4 of them so they match the number of Shaper Council members (kinda one Nob officer for each Kroot one is the idea)* My main opponent is Tau so not really concerned to much about Monsterous Creatures.* Yes they have tanks and skimmers but the kommandos have the rokkits and tankbustas for that.** The concept is to have the Kroot leading the charge with the kommandos hanging back so they can pick their fights and pick off vehicles.* The kroot can fire their own units in as the Kommados manvoure towards the hard targets.** If I did go up agaist the BUGs my Orks would be the ones dealing with the Monterous Creatures since they have choppas and the kroot can handle the* little fellows.

Just have to figure where I trim 36 pts per kommando squad to give them a nob with a PK without losing alot of troops in the process (180pts total is needed to do this).
Old 23 Jan 2007, 21:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
I don't see how it is illegal since I meet my ork armies complusaries first (1 HQ, 4 Troops, and 1 elite = 5 ork choices) and only took one of each type of Kroot squad (5 kroot choices) since that is that is allowed. With that being said I'm not allowed to take more than one kroot Carnivore Squad.
Wrong. Re-read the Kroot Mercinaries rules; there's nothing about not being allowed to take more than one Carnivore squad, but it does explicitly state that you may not have more Kroot choices than Troop choices of the core army.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2007, 21:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ok yes I see what you read now..."you may not have more Kroot choices than Troop choices of the core army" and I saw that i can take 0-2 troop choices for kroot.
I have ammended my list by:
1/ moving the elite kommando choice to a troop choice thus allowing me 5 kroot choices.
2/ I reduced the headhunter squad down to 17 kroot
3/ Dropped the vulture squad for the Kroot Hound pack more numbers this way.
4/Added a Nob with a Pk/slugga to each of the Kommando squads but dropped them down to squads of 9.* One of the kommando squads have no Tankbustas as well.
5/ Dropped two Pk in Nob retuine.

How is it coming along now?