Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

North America Meet Up? (idea farming)
Old 12 Aug 2009, 01:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default North America Meet Up? (idea farming)

In case you failed geography, North America is really big. But I was thinking that maybe we could arrange a few meet ups around the country.

I'll toss some ideas out:
  • If we hold it at a convention, we could possibly swing some sort of event too. Ged, Topbanana & I did one a few years back at Historicon in Lancaster, PA. It went alright. I think with a little planning we could do it with a bit more flair.
  • Most conventions have ample gaming space. So pick up games would still be an option.
  • Conventions normally happen around urban centers. That means that hotels are decent but there are alternatives (like camping) which are typically within a decent distance. For example, I live ~30 minutes from Origins and there are a few good campgrounds nearby.
[hr]
Okay, so Ohio and nearby states. Origins 2010 is my plan. It's a little out there, I know, but it's my most likely bet for gaming. While I can't really host people at my house (lease restrictions, I'm afraid) but I have camping gear and I can help to provide food and transportation from Delaware, OH to the convention.. I'm pretty decent on doing things on a shoestring, so I can help with planning that stuff.

Anyway, I know this is a long shot, but it never hurts to ask.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2009, 23:08   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: North America Meet Up? (idea farming)

Well, in the future a meet up would sound like a great idea. Right now the two biggest obstacles are transportation and distance.

I live in NC and thus pretty far from everything. Also I don't have much in the way of transportation, but should soon be remedying that situation. Maybe not this year, but in a few would be wonderful.

Also, camping is wonderful.
I'm certain that when I grow old I'll become probably conservative and my rebellious teenage children will rail against me for supporting the enslavement of animals classed as "pets" under a cruel regime of apartheid, and also think I'm a bigot cos I don't want to allow neo-cyborg lupine hyper sexual marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Scoutninja's 100% correct.

Scoutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2009, 15:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

It's a good idea.

More then likely it will probably lead to several small meet-up becasue of the size of both Country and the distance/transportation issue.

But I could see something been done in the East, something Center, Something West and something down South. Or as Emlyn said a get-together during a convention.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2009, 02:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
More then likely it will probably lead to several small meet-up becasue of the size of both Country and the distance/transportation issue.

But I could see something been done in the East, something Center, Something West and something down South. Or as Emlyn said a get-together during a convention.
I think meeting in East/West/Center/South is probably a good idea, as few of us would be interested in a several hundred dollar plane ticket before anything else.

That said, a convention could be a good idea. Only problem would be when/where is it as well as price for convention/finding people. I also think it would have to be a lot father out than the TO meetup was, we'll need more time for planning, figuring out accomadations, etc especially if it is during a convention.

All negatives aside, it would to meet people. It's really cool to meet TO members, as 2/3 of my gaming group actually connected with the rest of us through TO.

Odo The Brave's Projects: Chaos Space Marine Fandex Project Terragen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus, HARLEQUIN OF TAU 0NLINE!
That makes far too much sense to be used in 40k
Odo The Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2009, 03:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Would it be possible for TO to have a table at gamesday 2010... i know that i am going to gamesday toronto myself next years and it would be a much easier way to meet since food and such is already there. somebody could build an awesome table or bring one that they have already made.

-Matzilla
matzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2009, 03:44   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Well, there's a couple of us (myself and Thor DOH) up here in the Northeast (Maine) I think a meet-up would be great. We'd just have to make sure that we have plenty of warning though, in order to really make it work (I for instance, would want to get Leave).

If anyone wants to come up with a place/ time for a Northeast meeting... I'd be down.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2009, 17:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Im all for it All-Father, i live near montreal no it shouldn't be to hard to meet up.

-Matzilla
matzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2009, 17:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

And I'm Ottawa. So Maine, Massachusset and New York ain't too far.

Worse case maybe something for Eastern Canada.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2009, 04:59   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to Hockman87 Send a message via MSN to Hockman87

i am currently in seattle. so anything from vancouver- oregon wouldn't too much of a problem for me.
Hockman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2009, 05:17   #10 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockman87
i am currently in seattle. so anything from vancouver- oregon wouldn't too much of a problem for me.
I'm right across the water from Seattle, and so are like 3 other users. We should definately have a North West gathering