Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

right, run-down for battle vs nids:
Old 09 Jun 2010, 07:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default right, run-down for battle vs nids:

OK, have my first proper battle (i.e. not with my brother Merioneth), 1500 against tyranids, for ages on saturday. Just to check my strategy is right:
  • Lord w/warscythe should take out zoanthropes ASAP (2 zoanthropes are the only part of his force I actually know)
  • Heavy Ds should hit the large bugs as a priority. Fex(es), then tyrant(s), then tervigon(s), then burrowy thing(s)
  • any nasty looking burrowers should get a talking-to from my wraiths if they come up near my men
These strategies are mainly based on my experiances against my brother, who plays a fairly Nidzilla list, and the fact that zoanthropes are y'xa'uuk annoying. It covers everything save my disruptor scarabs and my 30-odd warriors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demitriusnassy
Haha ;D I am Bob, the devourer of Souls. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Turning the Power Matrix into some kind of Disco Ball of Death? :P
willwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2010, 16:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: right, run-down for battle vs nids:

Sounds like the gametype is pre-determined as annihilation?

Well, crons on nids is a hard match up. Not sure if sending the lord, after things that can instant kill him is necessarily good. Now if its a destroyer body, then not only can it shrug off a couple S10 hits, but would have the speed necessary to effectively catch the Zoanthrope prey. And then move to help the wraiths as...

I don't think wraiths alone will quite take out large threats. By burrowers did you mean raveners or a Trygon? Big difference. Wraiths have invul saves, and are fast and good in CC, why not sick them on those zoanthropes! Keep the lord (with resorb?) back with the warriors. Warscythe is a bit overkill for just a two model target.

Speaking of which, a real army list would help, how many wraiths are we talking. More importantly how many Heavy destroyers! you have 3large things queued up for them to kill, none of which are particularly easy to kill. Even with 6 HDs, 4 will hit and then 3-4 wounds. I hope you have clear shots. Also, try not to advance the HDs towards the enemy, you are a jetbike, (Ab)use your mobility.

Why exactly do your scarabs have disruptors, am I missing something?

Do remember, your warriors due to some oversighted rules, are pretty terrible in CC.
Old 09 Jun 2010, 21:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: right, run-down for battle vs nids:

this is my all-purpose list I use with what i have, it just happens that this week I'm facing nids. as a general rule, i've always foung disruptor scarabs to be quite potent at stalling any vehicle i don't want attacking me. The mission is not preset annihalation, but by some fluke that seems to be the most common game i role against my brother, on which my assumptions are based.
By burrowers, I mean big, big, big burrowers.
I intended to run the warscythe against the thropes as I know that they have an annoying save and I know they will be spore'ing down, presumably quite close to my lines.
I know from experience that wraiths can dispatch a Trygon Prime on the charge after its taken a few wounds (with 34 rapid-firing warriors, that hopefully should happen) and their invulnerable save means they still have a 2/3 chance of ignoring any of those MC attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sau1us
try not to advance the HDs towards the enemy, you are a jetbike, (Ab)use your mobility.
No shtlk, sherlock. I'm not a moron, just abit out of practice v. competitively played nids

Oh, and this is the army list I'm using.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demitriusnassy
Haha ;D I am Bob, the devourer of Souls. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Turning the Power Matrix into some kind of Disco Ball of Death? :P
willwills is offline   Reply With Quote