Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Our number is Legion. Our name is Death. (Army Picture Thread).
Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Our number is Legion. Our name is Death. (Army Picture Thread).

Greetings to all the Tomb Lords in this area of the Boards. We always discuss tactics, ArmyLists and all such wonderful things. I believe it would be great to show off each others legions as well. Not often do we get to see everyone else's forces and what hobbyist doesn't like to show off what he has accomplished.

I encourage you all to use this thread to post your Legions name, background and pictures of your force of soulless robot killing machines.

I need to go about and take a group shot of my army, but I expect that someone will start the precedent in getting the ball rolling.

[edit]

I got my pictures uploaded, so I'll start I suppose.

Brotherhood of the Spiraling Worm

Army shot

Lord of Flame

Pariahs

Warriors

Destroyers

Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2010, 19:38   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Our number is Legion. Our name is Death. (Army Picture Thread).

At the moment my army is called the 'twin heralds' due to my two lords the solar herald and the lunar herald. one has a solar pulse, the other a veil of darkness (plus a couple of other toys). My Necrons are followers of the Outsider, the mad C'tan. I wanted an egyptian style look to my force and picked my colours accordingly.

My Necron tomb is on a world which has become a verdant paradise since the war in heaven. During the thousands of years the necrons have been in stasis the world has become overun with grassy plains and rolling forests. Now however the necrons have awakened and emerged to find a world full of souls ripe for harvesting. Also a paradise world full of life gives much more reason for Tyranids, tau, imperial settlers etc etc to come there looking for a new home or food or whatever only to disturb my necrons and get slaughtered.

Initially I only went with a grass base for the lazy option as I was getting my army done as fast as possible however after testing a few different colours I much prefer the brighter colour green on the base so i've altered my fluff accordingly. I do intend to make the bases a bit fancier but they'll be staying as predominantly grassy bases. I have also altered my tomb Spyder bases since these pics were taken and they now have extra scarabs swarming along beneath them.

I'm also working on a third lord for my army the big boss who i'm planning to call the Host of Paradox I have started painting and assembling him and he's inspired by the psycho german guy from Hellboy the one with the knives on his wrists and the clockwork heart. I want the Host or Paradox kitted out for close combat and leading a squad of Flayed Ones just for something to put the wind up people. Anyway here's the pics and i'll add one with the assembled Host of paradox when I get round to finishing him up.

First off here's the commanders, my Twin Lords; the Lunar Herald, and Solar Herald, disciples of the Outsider:

And Here's the Guardians of the tomb the Tomb Spyders and their scarabs:

My two Liths in all their glory:

Some shots of the warriors. All 48 of them:

And the Army in its entirety:

Here's one older pic showing a selection of warriors, a single WIP lith and the Solar Herald in close up:

EDIT: by the way i'm loving your pariahs and your Lord of flame also looks very cool indeed. Would you mind terribly if I borrowed from your conversion a little, I think some green flame rising from my Host of Paradox could be just what i'm looking for to give the conversion that little extra something.
Koll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2010, 12:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Koll, I love the look of your army. The milky white and blue is a fantastic combination, and the models are quite well painted as well. A force to be proud of, how did you paint the white-ish armour like that if you don't mind me asking?

I do not at all mind if you borrow from my conversions, go crazy!

Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 01 Apr 2010, 23:57   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I borrowed the base for my armies scheme from here:
http://www.librarium-online.com/pain...guide-813.html

Skull white undercoat followed by 2 washes of Gryphonne Sepia over the Joints and recesses and then Bleached Bone painted over the raised armoured areas. Simple but effective. The Blue is Hawk Turquoise edged with Ice Blue. The Chest Panel is Hawk Turqoise with the Necron Rune/Sigil in Shining Gold. The Gun is Chaos Black highlighted with Codex Grey and the Piping is Scorpion Green with two layers of gloss Varnish for a nice shine. Gun Blade and the chest "entrails" are Boltgun metal and i'm in the process of adding a light mithril silver highlight to all of them at the moment.

Originally the entire 2000 point force was speed painted in about a week and a half to have it ready for a mini-tournament which is why the bases are so basic. But I have had people coming up to me and complementing me on my army every time I have taken them out to use them so I am in the process of going back over the models now to tidy them up and add a few more details.
Koll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2010, 04:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

It is not too hard to touch up the bases though, would be an easy fix. I feel you really should as well to boost up the scheme. Thank you for the link. The colours are great and I wouldn't mind finding a way to use that later one. Perhaps not for my necrons, but another army.
Sigged.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 17 Apr 2010, 20:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Here is a link to mine, sorry some of the pics are a bit blurry. I went for a rusted look with a green wash. Its quick for making a big army. I also have a pylon which is very nearly finished.

http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/a...jones/Necrons/
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2010, 12:39   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Joey, those Necrons look fantastic. I quite like the old metal appearance of them. Thank you for sharing!
Sigged.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 18 Apr 2010, 15:54   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindgobble Witherfume
Joey, those Necrons look fantastic. I quite like the old metal appearance of them. Thank you for sharing!
wow high praise indeed. Actually I have really like all the models posted here. They all look fantastic. It's great to see necron armies that aren't the bog standard dry-brushed silvers over a black undercoat. Now we just have to keep all our limbs crossed for the codex so we can showcase our armies in a more competative light.
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2010, 22:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I too agree that Non-silver Necrons are refreshing. But alterations to the basic silver is just as cool. Like yours.

I find that Necrons are plenty Competitive. Came Second place (to Blood Angels) at the last 2000pt Tourney at my local store a couple weeks ago (bat-rep in the appropriate place). Just takes finesse, but they are just as competitive as any other force. However, the other Necron player came middleish. he ran a Twin Monolith Warrior/immortal spam army.
Sigged.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 02 May 2010, 08:04   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I finally got around to getting pics. Please note I am repainting the army so there is a lot of WIP, they are going to the bleached bone and red, no metallic!

The Nightguard, Eternal seekers of the Void Dragon.