Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Starting Necrons again
Old 25 Jan 2010, 18:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Starting Necrons again

After a lengthy break I have decided to once more march forth the deathless legion. Two questions:
1. Is the necron warrior phalanx still available anywhere? That seemed like a great deal. If not, is the battle box the best I'm gonna do? Thinking about getting two of those.
2. I am trying to decide between two primary battle tactics; either
a. Marching forward with as many immortals as possible screening the weaker warriors and laying down a withering volley of fire
b. Using units of paraiahs, flayed ones and a nightmare shroud to diddle with the enemy's leadership.

I am looking for things in the 1500 range, mostly fight space marines with some eldar and chaos, and any tactic I use will include a monolith. I'm also trying to avoid going with the C'tan if possible - I am paranoid about phase out.
Does this sound feasable?
Daeghrefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2010, 18:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Starting Necrons again

You can usually find at least one NIB Necron Palanx on eBay at a time. Other than that, the battle force is obviously probably your best bet (also can be found cheap on eBay - if you want a link PM me - the mods get angry when I help people find stuff cheap in posts).

I would say the Immortals plan sounds the best. If you're worried about phase out, I don't think you want lots of Pariahs running around, but that's up to you I guess. I've never seen any strategy like that successfully executed with Necrons.
Schev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2010, 19:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I can envision it in my own mind working out, but the saying "no battle plan survives contact with the enemy" definitely applies. There is one way it could work, which would be ridiculously fun, and about a million that it would fail miserably. Ah well.
Thanks for your input.
Daeghrefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2010, 01:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

one great combination is to use a combination of a necron lord in a unit of pariahs, and teleport them near a unit of flayed ones. this way, when you assault, the terrifying visage ability is super effective. this has served me well so many times, its not even funny :P.
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
big mek metalgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2010, 06:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mek metalgutz
one great combination is to use a combination of a necron lord in a unit of pariahs, and teleport them near a unit of flayed ones. this way, when you assault, the terrifying visage ability is super effective. this has served me well so many times, its not even funny :P.
I'm pretty sure pariahs can't use a VoD, though I could be wrong.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 08:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yeah Big Mek Metalgutz that is very illegal. Veil of Darkness (and all related Necron special rules and abilities) only work with units with the Necron special rule. Pariah's do not have the Necron special rule and so do not benefit from any abilities. In short, Pariah's cannot be teleported by the Veil of Darkness. This also means that they do not get a We'll Be Back roll and do not contribute to Phase Out.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 11:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

oh, sorry, I didnt realise that :-[. im kinda new to necrons, so forgive me if I make a few mistakes.
95% of teens would go into a panic attack if the jonas brothers were about to jump off the empire state building, copy and paste this if you? are the 5% who would pull up a lawn chair & grab some popcorn and yell JUMP

how many boards
could the mongols hoard
if the mongol hordes
got bored?
big mek metalgutz is offline   Reply With Quote