Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

C'tan(Deceiver) Queries. Terrain and Fearless monsters.
Old 24 Dec 2009, 19:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default C'tan(Deceiver) Queries. Terrain and Fearless monsters.

Just somethings I was wondering about, which I've not been able to adequately answer myself. All to do with the C'tan. Mostly Deceiver.

1. How do they interact with buildings? Can they float onto which ever level they want, or do they climb like everyone else? Says they ignore terrain...Not too sure how they are affected by vertical movement, or if they just float 6" in any point vertically along their horizontal movement.

2. Monsterous creatures say they can never go to ground. Pinning makes units go to ground. Deceiver can pin fearless units, because he likes to break the rules. But fearless monstrous creatures cannot go to ground. Thus do they do into a state of confusion? Or are Pinning and going to ground mutually exclusive terms?

Thats actually it, I thought I had more, but I don't. Any thoughts in what the answers for these are?
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2009, 19:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath
Default Re: C'tan(Deceiver) Queries. Terrain and Fearless monsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindgobble Witherfume
1. How do they interact with buildings? Can they float onto which ever level they want, or do they climb like everyone else? Says they ignore terrain...Not too sure how they are affected by vertical movement, or if they just float 6" in any point vertically along their horizontal movement.
He walks through them, and cannot climb them, as they are not there to him. Its very awkward in gameplay, so I try to stay away from walking through things, but you can, and its 100% legal.

Quote:
2. Monsterous creatures say they can never go to ground. Pinning makes units go to ground. Deceiver can pin fearless units, because he likes to break the rules. But fearless monstrous creatures cannot go to ground. Thus do they do into a state of confusion? Or are Pinning and going to ground mutually exclusive terms?
If they fail their Ld 10 (or 7 if you take pariahs) then yes, they go to ground. I did it at a tournament, and the judges ultimately ruled in my favor. However, if you choose to break the MC, then there is the chance of it running of the board.

+1 - Khanaris
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2009, 22:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
I would imagine that he still uses the normal rules for ruins, but always moves 6" (so could go 3" along then 3" up, for example).

Quote:
Codex overrules rulebook; if the Deceiver can target that power at a Monstrous Creature then he can pin it.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2009, 23:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
The rulebook actually says that you can go to ground when you become pinned, but you don't gain the benefits of the +1 to cover save, because you already took the hits. It would make sense that the monstrous creature is just pinned, because while one is optional (going to ground), the other is not (pinned). So, just say that the thing is pinned.
Old 25 Dec 2009, 02:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplainKenny
Quote:
The rulebook actually says that you can go to ground when you become pinned, but you don't gain the benefits of the +1 to cover save, because you already took the hits. It would make sense that the monstrous creature is just pinned, because while one is optional (going to ground), the other is not (pinned). So, just say that the thing is pinned.
Ah okay, I had an opponent convince me that Pinned and Gone to ground are the same things. Therefore I couldn't Pin his Monstrous creatures. Perhaps I should have taken a closer look.

Buildings are kinda awkward. Never had that situation yet, but I am not looking forward to the time. I am sure I would just use it the normal way, just no need for tests or something.
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 25 Dec 2009, 05:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I charged a guy through a building once. >
You should of seen his face.
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Quote:
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
Old 27 Dec 2009, 16:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Buildings are kinda awkward. Never had that situation yet, but I am not looking forward to the time. I am sure I would just use it the normal way, just no need for tests or something.
That is the way that I would do it. He can just move and charge as if the terrain (and i would include buildings) weren't there. The only hard part is placing the model :P.
Old 27 Dec 2009, 18:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplainKenny
Quote:
That is the way that I would do it. He can just move and charge as if the terrain (and i would include buildings) weren't there. The only hard part is placing the model :P.
Shit, your right! I'll need to lay him on his side to fit into a building in the first place. Things could get awkward. I think that I'm better off just shooting what ever is inside buildings.
Sigged.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 31 Dec 2009, 17:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
shtlk, your right! I'll need to lay him on his side to fit into a building in the first place. Things could get awkward. I think that I'm better off just shooting what ever is inside buildings.
What we do at the local club is just put a dice down where the creature is inside the building, and just leave the model outside, because now you just measure off the dice. It's real easy.
Old 31 Dec 2009, 17:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Or, if you have any spare bases, write "Deceiver" on one of them :P
Quote:
Quote: