Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fifth Edition Necron Codex & Designer's Notes - See page 5!
Old 06 Sep 2009, 12:41   #11 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Circus' Codex Challenge: Week 1; Necrons

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmCityKid
Don't forget to time yourself - any more than 40 hours(or whatever the standard working week in England is) and you're going into overtime, which is something GW frowns upon.
48 hours is the legal limit that someone can be forced to be employed to work for in a week
jimmy_mymail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2009, 12:46   #12 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmCityKid
Don't forget to time yourself - any more than 40 hours(or whatever the standard working week in England is) and you're going into overtime, which is something GW frowns upon.
9-5 is eight hours.

5 days makes forty hours.

As such even if I work non-stop in those times (which I won't, because of lunchbreaks at least), I won't be overtime
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2009, 00:35   #13 (permalink)
Ethereal

Are you actually going to finish this?
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2009, 03:38   #14 (permalink)
Shas'El

This could be interesting. I'd like to see how this goes, so it's getting a sticky until it's done with. Also karma later down the line man.
Lord Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2009, 11:43   #15 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILK
Are you actually going to finish this?
I hope so!

This has not started well, however. I woke up at quarter past eight, thought "Right!" got up, got a drink, went for a piss and then... climbed back into bed. I've now just woken up. This has lost me just under three hours, and I'm not taking that time out of an evening elsewhere - that's not part of the challenge. I've just ballsed up.

But ho well, I've still got thirty-seven hours left, which sounds like an outrageous amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate
This could be interesting. I'd like to see how this goes, so it's getting a sticky until it's done with. Also karma later down the line man.
So, no pressure =P

[hr]

Let's begin!
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 07 Sep 2009, 11:58   #16 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

This is probably the most awesome thing the internet has ever spawned! If you pull this off you will be automatically included in my standard lineup of anecdotes about 40K

But in cases where there are no change to the point cost of a unit (and perhaps abilities?), I think you should write "no change" instead of the actual cost. Otherwise it probably won't be legal to post on Tau Online. Just a thought

Looking forward to the first update.
gorlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2009, 12:14   #17 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

If Circus is approaching this the way I would, he'll be burning the old Codex and redoing from scratch, not the GW's favourite trick of "stick a plaster on and it's good for 20 years".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2009, 13:14   #18 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
If Circus is approaching this the way I would, he'll be burning the old Codex and redoing from scratch, not the GW's favourite trick of "stick a plaster on and it's good for 20 years".
Wargamer's pretty much right. I'm not removing any unit types, but that doesn't mean you're going to necessarily recognise them.

You may call me Circus.
Old 07 Sep 2009, 13:28   #19 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Well I'm interested.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Sep 2009, 13:36   #20 (permalink)
Shas'O

Just so you know what kind of info you're going to get in the updates, here's a mini update!

I have eight A4 pages, including two cover pages and a contents page. I am on around 1500 words. I have done the cover (obviously), the introduction (the first bit in any Codex, with the "Why play X" section) and I'm making a good start on the hefty background chunk you get at the start of 5th Ed Codexes.

Considering I got up late and I've been working for about an hour and ten minutes, I reckon that's good going.

You may call me Circus.