Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fifth Edition Necron Codex & Designer's Notes - See page 5!
Old 18 Jan 2010, 21:24   #151 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Fifth Edition Necron Codex & Designer's Notes - See page 5!

Quote:
The Necrons in this Codex have very little in terms of anti-tank specialty.
Every single model w/ a guass weapon has a low str melta.... everything is anti-tank specialty. Many of my basic squads have meltas... tanks die when they get nearby, LRs included, these are lower str, but you have a whole lot more of them. Trust me, its anti-tank overkill.

Quote:
A tank is just one solid object; a creature with armor, bones, skin, and the like are capable of taking wounds and suffering damage and still being able to carry on.
The tank can just take damage as well... its called weapon destroyed. Why wouldn't a guass flayer desintegrate tactical dreadnought armor as easily as it does dreadnought armor? Actually shouldn't it be even easier to destroy since it is smaller? In the real codex or the one the topic is about? Just in case anyone is confused, tactical dreadnought armor=terminator armor.

Actually if they are being dissolved shouldn't a tank be harder to kill because there is more to dissolve?

Now I'm obviously a fan of just giving them rending. But regardless of what you do you can't have 2d6 armor pen on everything. A lascannon... which is basically what a H.destroy has has a 1/27 chance to kill a LR. A meltagun which is lower str but has 2d6 armor pen has a 1/5 chance to kill a LR. 2d6 changes things a lot. So with 2d6 a H guass cannon would have much greater than a 1/5 chance to kill a raider, probably closer to 1/4 or even 1/3. The reason my number is different than immolo's is that I think he is just running an assumed hit and seeing what it would need to pen. I'm running to hit, to pen, to destroy.

At str 4 all you have to do is roll a 10 to glance. Sounds like a lot on 2d6, but with 20 warriors. And an even bigger problem, it will take up a lot of time to roll 2d6 20 times over again, its not a situation where you can just roll 40 dice at once, you have to roll each seperate. Its overpowerful, and too time restrictive.
Ironwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2010, 02:15   #152 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Colonel Marksman

Circus,

I finally realized why we single persons are able to make a Codex so quickly and GW can't. Because they have a team of people on it! Ok, it's just a theory, but here's my observation:

Have you seen what's going on in the TOdex Project? The monster has received 2-3 different branched off updates, has had numerous revisions, the layout still has problems, and there's 89 pages on the topic!

You have too many people warring with one another over ideas and too many suggestions being carelessly tossed around. I can't imagine having the same problem when you get down to people trying to allocate funds to paying these guys, having projects due on certain times sometimes with complete re-dos, trying to figure out the profits over the sales, design, ink, and balance that between good/bad suggestions, on top of trying to play-test everything.

Games in the Past Month:
Tau: W-1, T-0, L-1
Witch H: W-0, T-0, L-0
Eldar: W-2, T-0, L-1
Guard: W-0, T-0, L-0
Other: W-2, T-1, L-0
Colonel Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2010, 02:32   #153 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Marksman
Circus,

I finally realized why we single persons are able to make a Codex so quickly and GW can't. Because they have a team of people on it! Ok, it's just a theory, but here's my observation:

Have you seen what's going on in the TOdex Project? The monster has received 2-3 different branched off updates, has had numerous revisions, the layout still has problems, and there's 89 pages on the topic!

You have too many people warring with one another over ideas and too many suggestions being carelessly tossed around. I can't imagine having the same problem when you get down to people trying to allocate funds to paying these guys, having projects due on certain times sometimes with complete re-dos, trying to figure out the profits over the sales, design, ink, and balance that between good/bad suggestions, on top of trying to play-test everything.
Yes, but it generally results in a good codex. Usually something better than someone who made in a week. (not saying yours is bad, circus, I really like it)
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2010, 04:24   #154 (permalink)
Shas'O

And so the hate campaign has come 'round to here as well about the TOdex. :

My God Marksman, are you even aware of how ridiculous you sound trying to slag off on us in every other section of TO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiveFleetGoliath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Marksman
Circus,

Yes, but it generally results in a good codex. Usually something better than someone who made in a week. (not saying yours is bad, circus, I really like it)
He did exceedingly well also since he did the week thing as a personal challenge and (iirc) missed two of the days.

Circus could easily have polished it up had he been given more time, but he made his statement to everyone loud and clear by what he accomplished.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2010, 05:17   #155 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

I know he did a really good job, but still, it is nowhere near a finished, ready to print codex.
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2010, 06:43   #156 (permalink)
Shas'O

Very True, I don't think he intends on going to print this though.

Good thing is that, aside from DE and Inq, people are clamoring for another Necrons codex! You guys will likely be good soon. The metal C'Tan turned into plastic would be fun to convert with.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote