Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

WBB
Old 03 Sep 2009, 13:21   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default WBB

Hello all,

Was just recently was in a tournament and there was a lot of confusion over the WBB for Necrons.

A space marine player was saying that units that had been sweeping advanced can not get a WBB roll or teleport through the monolith. Which seems horribly unfair to the Necron player, since coming out the assault drop pods the marine player would have achieved phase out in the first half of turn 1.

Can you guys clear this up at all?

Thanks
Briane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2009, 13:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: WBB

Sweeping Advance entirely destroys the target unit, which means Necrons in said unit will not get their WBB.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2009, 14:05   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Wow, Necron are a lot less scary now.
Briane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2009, 16:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yes, it is pretty nasty, considering how often Necrons are forced to take LD tests in CC at negatively modified leadership values. Which they proceed to fail and get Advanced due to their terrible Initiative. :-\
Old 03 Sep 2009, 16:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
Sweeping Advance entirely destroys the target unit, which means Necrons in said unit will not get their WBB.
I'm not sure, if you're within 6in. of a resurection orb or 12 in. of a tomb spider (that is within 12in of another unit of the same type)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
We altered the age old art of calling shotgun to now be known as calling Plasma Rifle on my car :P
Scratch-built Tau Manta . Scratch-built Tau Orca Drop Ship. Scratch-built Tau Barricuda. Scratch-built Tau Bastion.
Scratch-built Thunderhawk Dropship. Scratch-built 1:72nd scale Space Marine Landing Craft.
Scratch-built Chaos super-heavy dreadclaw drop pod/army transport.
hardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2009, 16:54   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I am positive. Sweeping Advance automatically destroys the ENTIRE UNIT, which, going by RAW, includes Necrons in the unit which are waiting for WBB. I've seen it argued to the contrary, but in every tournament and GW I've played at the downed Necrons are removed as well during a Sweeping Advance.
Old 03 Sep 2009, 19:17   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yea sweeping advance destroys the unit and prevents WBB, regardless of anything.

Even those that already fell down earlier in that turn will be removed.
Lord Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2009, 23:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

Basically, sweeping advance removes that unit (in a sense)
Rez orb, Monolith portal, and WBB in general are all negated.
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2009, 01:53   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briane75
Hello all,

Was just recently was in a tournament and there was a lot of confusion over the WBB for Necrons.

A space marine player was saying that units that had been sweeping advanced can not get a WBB roll or teleport through the monolith. Which seems horribly unfair to the Necron player, since coming out the assault drop pods the marine player would have achieved phase out in the first half of turn 1.
Are you saying the space marines popped out of the drop pods and assaulted? They can't do that! There is a Special Character that allows them to do a "heroic intervention" or something where they can assault out of the pods, but I've never seen it used. As I understand it, you must declare that you're assaulting out of the pods before rolling for the scatter, and the unit may not shoot that turn. It's a risky maneuver if you don't have a locator beacon down, since if you get a scatter that takes them away from their target they can't do anything.

Other than that, the other posts are correct. In a sweeping advance, all models in the unit are removed. If that last model falls down as part of the assault, then any that are close enough to another unit to join it can make WBB rolls as normal.
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2009, 03:25   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightperson
"heroic intervention"
That's a special ability of Vanguard Veterans if they are equipped with jump packs and if they opt not to shoot.

And this thread is helpful, because today, a mate of mine and I were playing a game, and we didn't know what to do.

Yay 3rd E wording :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Shasel_Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote