Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

NECRON Leadership thoughts.
Old 24 Aug 2009, 23:35   #11 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Default Re: NECRON Leadership thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotwiler
In the mini rule book on page 61 it says "A vehicle that suffer either damaged result when it has no weapons left and is already immobilised treats the result as destroyed-wrecked instead" which means if all weapons r destroyed and it is immobilised and it gets either a weapon destroyed result or a immobilised result it is wrecked since weapon destroyed and immobilised both count as damaged affects. And yes this is 5th ed.
Yes, but you didn't mention that it had already lost all it's weapons
Glancing to death takes a lot of time, as most vehicles and especially tanks have 2-4 weapons, so you would need to roll 5 3's or 4's do destroy them, and having this happen to all your vehicles is unlikely
Old 24 Aug 2009, 23:43   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotwiler
In the mini rule book on page 61 it says "A vehicle that suffer either damaged result when it has no weapons left and is already immobilised treats the result as destroyed-wrecked instead" which means if all weapons r destroyed and it is immobilised and it gets either a weapon destroyed result or a immobilised result it is wrecked since weapon destroyed and immobilised both count as damaged affects. And yes this is 5th ed.
That's not gonna happen with the 'lith. It's near impossible to destroy their weapon completely.
Its not NEAR impossible, it IS impossible. You only suffer a -1 modifier, meaning you could get -1000000000 on that gun, and still not be glanced to death.
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2009, 00:15   #13 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'm just going to put it out there but I actually suggested AP1 gauss solution and nobody then saw fit to accuse me of fanboyism (could be because I play Tau, but that's beside the point... ).

The fact is that Gauss as in the fluff stands a serious chance of downing a vehicle by hitting something vital. Vehicles that get wrecked or destroyed don't necessarily have to be completely obliterated. Sometimes, a well placed shot can hit that magic chain reaction button.

Plus, I don't know about you guys, but I like my codex to have options. One of the options I don't really see as being viable is to make a Necron army that doesn't have at least one unit of H. Destroyers or a Monolith. No offense to you guys, but your options suck. They limit you in list building against possibly an extra two or three alternative builds.

Plus, I can say with all the honesty that I can muster that merely using the new glancing rules sucks most of the fun out of your Gauss special rule, statistically it takes a stupid amount of shots to hurt one tank, it reminds me more of a lawn mower having to go back and forth and cut small parts of the whole target at a time. Not quite the devastation the imagery of a Gauss weapon entails as it burrows through flesh, armor, and bone to strip and flay the vehicle and soldiers within in moments.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2009, 01:01   #14 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I like the sound of the "Zombies shall know no fear!" idea. > But I think there is a danger of the crons becoming even more like space marines.

The Necrons need to be able to soak up alot of punishment before they are put down perminentley (befitting the immortal ones). But without being indestructable. And there is the challenge. :-\

More choice? Yes please! ;D It would be great to see more options in the new codex. More Wargear for the Lords, More options for the Troops. But mostly more variation amoung Necron armys. Because at moment "You fight one Necron army, you've fought them all." Pretty much anyway.

I must say I really like the sound of the Special character lords that are rumored to replace the C'tan in the new codex. The Necron section of the rulebook hints at the future possibilitys of new types of Lord. Wraith Lord anyone? >
Different types of lords that effect army selection and options would be cool.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 01:18   #15 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giger
I like the sound of the "Zombies shall know no fear!" idea. > But I think there is a danger of the crons becoming even more like space marines.

The Necrons need to be able to soak up alot of punishment before they are put down perminentley (befitting the immortal ones). But without being indestructable. And there is the challenge. :-\

More choice? Yes please! ;D It would be great to see more options in the new codex. More Wargear for the Lords, More options for the Troops. But mostly more variation amoung Necron armys. Because at moment "You fight one Necron army, you've fought them all." Pretty much anyway.

I must say I really like the sound of the Special character lords that are rumored to replace the C'tan in the new codex. The Necron section of the rulebook hints at the future possibilitys of new types of Lord. Wraith Lord anyone? >
Different types of lords that effect army selection and options would be cool.
Not necessarily on topic, but related, i'd rather they give the Crons a 4+ Invulnerable save, and let them try their res every turn, unless hit by AP 1 or 2 weapons or any of their other rules barring res rolls
Old 25 Aug 2009, 05:04   #16 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Seriously, I don't know why you guys are complaining, every army's gotta have some sort of drawback. Necrons have WBB, SM stats and an excellent personal weapon, plus some of the most lethal units (destroyers, Immortals, wraiths). Sure, you might get run down in cc but you'd probably obliterate the enemy before that.
Heck, we Tau pretty much lose all forms of CC (including against guardsmen or lone marines) and get run down all the time. Even our most elite units which contain some of the ONLY special weapons in our army can be killed in cc by a lucky Ork boyz squad.
Das Boogie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2009, 05:08   #17 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

But our Crisis suits beat Necrons in CC
No you say? Ask my Necron friend about the time my Shas'o swept his Immortal squad
Old 25 Aug 2009, 05:37   #18 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Unusualsuspect Send a message via MSN to Unusualsuspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW
No you say? Ask my Necron friend about the time my Shas'o swept his Immortal squad
A single instance does not a good argument make.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 05:41   #19 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unusualsuspect
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW
That was just one example
I've had Deathrains pummel Warriors into the ground
I've had Helios suits get charged, and win
Necrons lose mainly due to their initiative, they lose alot of guys before they can hit back, and they get swept rather easily
Old 25 Aug 2009, 12:53   #20 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unusualsuspect
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW
That was just one example
I've had Deathrains pummel Warriors into the ground
I've had Helios suits get charged, and win
Necrons lose mainly due to their initiative, they lose alot of guys before they can hit back, and they get swept rather easily
And i've had warriors own the shit out of carnifexs (carnifexi?)
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote