Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Im new to the game and i will be facing chaos space marines and orks :D
Old 05 Aug 2009, 09:56   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to german warlord
Default Im new to the game and i will be facing chaos space marines and orks :D

hello im very new to warhammer like i just bought a 2500 point army on ebay for 150 bucks haha anyway my friend is using space marines and im using necrons we are gonna have a team battle. we will be fighting chaos space marines and orks , the person using the orks wants two war bosses and just hordes of deffkopters and basic troops while the person using the chaos space marines is using plague marines and other stuff anyway can anyone please point me in the right direction on wat kind of army to build and play with. also maybe some stratigies or advice from anyone that has played against either race anything will be greatly appreciated 8)
german warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2009, 11:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Im new to the game and i will be facing chaos space marines and orks :D

The key to necrons is that they excel in shooting and are resilient in combat but not strong in combat( hard to kill but in close combat don't do much damage). With orks they will try and rush you and get in combat so you need to gun them down with warriors, immortals, destroyers, etc. As for the chaos space marines it all depends on what troops and stuff he is playing, it can be anything from a pure shooting army to a pure close combat army or anything in between. What do you have currently and how many points is the game going to be?

rotwiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2009, 12:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath
Default Re: Im new to the game and i will be facing chaos space marines and orks :D

Well, thing you have to watch out for are
Ork vehicles. They make them go faster so they can be more killy sooner.
Stuff that doesn't allow WBB. This includes double toughness strength guns, and power weapons.
Then they boyz. They're cheap. Individually, they are terrible, but in swarm, they are fearless, powerful, and a lot can die and its no big deal.
Deffkoptas... don't know much about them, but there should be only 15 at MOST. Oh, and they don't have armor, they have toughness so you can kill those easily.
I know absolutely nothing about chaos...
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2009, 12:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

With chaos it all depends on what kinda army he is bringing. If he has the plague marines then that will be a pain for necrons cause they have T 5 and feel no pain so they are great for holding objectives, but have normal firepower for higher costs. If he runs thousand sons you need to be careful because they have regular bolters but use inferno rounds so it's ap3, though they are slow but purposful (can move and shoot with weapons but roll 2 d6 and pick highest for movement), also the sorcerer (like a sargent of the squad) can take 1 psyker ability so they will most likely get doombolt (18" strength 4 ap 3 assault 3) or bolt of change (24" strength 8 ap 1 assault 1). Noise marines....wont be that bad against necrons, they are basic units with normal strength weapons but 1 extra shot, except the sargent can get a 48" strength 8 ap 3 heavy 1 blast pinning weapon....nasty stuff. The khorn berzerkers are weak at shooting but if they charge your necrons basicly your squad is gone (usually big squads of them on foot or 10 in a rhino/raider, they get +1 S and I on the charge along with their extra attack on the charge). And all this is just the troop choices....either way try to gun them down from far away, send lots of shots at the thousand sons so they can't kill you with their ap3 shots and let a monolith or something big go after plague marines (particle wip= they will feel pain). As for their hq it will most likely be the daemon prince (monsterous creature and high combat stats so gun him down with high ap shots, he only has a 5+ invo and 3+ armor but hits like a tank) or abaddon (ws 7, s 8, t 5, 2+ armor, 4+ invo, a daemon weapon so he has base 4 attacks and rolls a d6 to see how many extra attacks but if it's a 1 he doesn't attack, and he re-rolls wounds).....stay away and gun him down, you won't be back after he gets to you. As for heavy he will most likely take a defiler, it's a dreadnought with a battle cannon on it's chest and extra crab legs (72" s 8 ap 3 large ordinance blast=pain). With him you will want to take destroyers so they can get within their 36" range to shoot at him and hope for glancing with your geass weapons to take out his battle cannon, without it he's like a normal dreadnought, just with fleet of foot and possible 2 extra attacks if you get rid of auto cannon and flamer for free.
Old 05 Aug 2009, 14:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Before we can help you build an effective army list we need a listing of what units you have.

-Farseer Maechu of Ulthwe
loeldrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2009, 08:19   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to german warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by loeldrad
Before we can help you build an effective army list we need a listing of what units you have.
1 MONOLITH, 48 WARRIORS, 6 DESTROYERS, 1 DESTRYER LORD, 10 IMMORTALS, 5 PIRIAHS, 10 FLAYED ONES, AND 1 NECRON LORD.

i have no clue on to what the chaos have but the orks have about 26 boyz 5-6 nobz skinrot the war boss and 3 deffkoptaz
german warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Aug 2009, 08:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Not a complete expert on orks but i know most of the stuff if not all of what u throw at them ignores their armor (well a big handfull of them). For orks i would say go shooty on them, take lots of warriors, destroyers, immortals, and maybe put a lord with veil and orb in with the immortals so that they may leave if the orks get too close. Make a fire line to take down anything that gets in range. Maybe even toss in a monolith behind them after they get past their half of the board to send particle whips at them and the gauss weapon it uses where u roll a d6 to see how many shots each current gun on it gets, the whip will take out clusters and the little guns can also take out a handfull. As for chaos it all depends on what style army he is running, if he is running thousand sons then a fire fight is the last thing you want (they are troops with your weapons but ap3), noise marines are also good at ranged combat, everything else (nurgle and khorn) you can just gun down.
Old 09 Aug 2009, 09:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiveFleetGoliath
Well, thing you have to watch out for are
Ork vehicles. They make them go faster so they can be more killy sooner.
Stuff that doesn't allow WBB. This includes double toughness strength guns, and power weapons.
Then they boyz. They're cheap. Individually, they are terrible, but in swarm, they are fearless, powerful, and a lot can die and its no big deal.
Deffkoptas... don't know much about them, but there should be only 15 at MOST. Oh, and they don't have armor, they have toughness so you can kill those easily.
I know absolutely nothing about chaos...
Ork Vehicles : Like, pretty much all the armour is 10?
Power Klaws are pretty much all you get for this one.
Good point.
Deffkoptas, they're good, but easy to destroy. I used to play with alot of them, they're a support role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
The female race really is disgusting.

Tomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2009, 14:51   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

The monolith is an easy choice. It's good anti-swarm, so priceless against the orks, and still quite powerful vs chaos.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Aug 2009, 18:15   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

A simple list for a 1000 point game with what you have could be something like...

Lord w/ orb
10x warriors
10x warriors
5x destroyers
Monolith

-Farseer Maechu of Ulthwe
loeldrad is offline   Reply With Quote