Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Leep Frog
Old 28 Jul 2009, 19:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Leep Frog

I have a 12" deployment on a 48" table/battle-feild, monolith moves 6" forwards, Immortals with lord follow behind. Turn 2, Ive deep struck a second monolith on the enemys deployment line(roughly 36" away from my edge), move the first monolith forwards another 6" now at 24" from my board edge. So the set up looks roughly like this:

My edge <-6"->Immortals<-18"->monolith<-12"->second monolith<-12"-> enemys deployment.

Ok now for the question, can the first monolith use the Matrix Power, "WOOOSH" immortals travel 18", then second monolith use Matrix Power on the same unit, "WOOSH", Immortals jump the hole battle feild in one turn?
Question answered, page 13 in Necron Codex states about chain teleportion - this information was kindly answered by "Pennywise LIVES!"

Edited: Just had another idea to add, I've been thinking that heavy destroyers and destroyers are a bit flimsy, have a monolith near them, make sure your within 18" of each other after you've moved and make the monoliths portal face away from the enemy. Shoot your weaponry then Power Matrix to hide behind the monolith, the reason for this is mot likely the weapons shooting back are going to be missile launchers, lascannons, dark/bright lances, railguns..... You will get no armour save , hiding behind a monoliths obscures vision so you gain a cover save. Also if you are not shot at with an instant death weapon/ have res orb near by, you get re-rollable WBB making them much tougher.

Click to help it grow =)
New Necron Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 20:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: Leep Frog

No, you cannot. Firstly, you can't gate on a Monolith that's Deep Struck, as far as I'm aware.

Secondly, and more importantly, there's a big bold box in the Necron Codex entitled "Chain Teleportation" and it states that you may NEVER, under ANY circumstances, use two or more teleportations on one unit in a turn. Ever. No matter what loopholes you think you find. It is very clear.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2009, 20:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

You can Pick to use the Gauss Flux Arc Projectors or Power Matrix when it deepstrikes, just not both. But, yes your totaly right about chain teleporting I didnt know to read page 13 when all the other rules for the monolith (exept for stats of a partical whip) are on 21

Click to help it grow =)
Old 28 Jul 2009, 20:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

That's because the Chain Teleportation thing applies to more than just the Monolith - i.e. the Veil of Darkness.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2009, 01:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to demitriusnassy

actually, the monolith cannot shoot its gauss projectors after it deepstrikes. It can activate the power matrix for the particle whip, or pull warrior units from reserve, but it cannot shoot the fluxs, or phase a unit.

"You dare stand against the might of the millenia and the number of the dead?"

"..." zap. "..."
demitriusnassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2009, 12:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ok, I've read the codex again and can't find where it says you cant use the gauss flux arc projecter the turn it deepstruck.

Click to help it grow =)
Old 31 Jul 2009, 00:11   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to demitriusnassy

It counts as moving at cruising speed when it deep strikes. No weapons shot, but because of the power matrix rules you can shoot the particle whip or pull from reserves but since it counts as moving, you can't phase from 18 inches. ;D

"You dare stand against the might of the millenia and the number of the dead?"

"..." zap. "..."
demitriusnassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2009, 15:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I thought there was another thread that addressed something similar, and came to the conclusion that the monolith never counts as having moved at cruising speed, even if it deep strikes?
Upon re-reading the Monolith section, this seems like a rather loose interpretation of "Ponderous", but I can kind of see how one could justify shooting the flux arc projectors on the deep strike.
Daeghrefn is offline   Reply With Quote