Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2 Units Of Scarabs Squad Of 4....Big Mistake!!
Old 06 Jul 2009, 05:54   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default 2 Units Of Scarabs Squad Of 4....Big Mistake!!

I just played my second game today and lost in a game of Annihilation because my opponent killed two units of scarabs and I only killed one unit of Thousands Sons. It was a big mistake to bring them and have them assault, but I was really trying to hold him down. I also messed up with my Lord since I forgot that the Staff Of Light becomes a Power Weapon on assault and would've been really useful against his Chaos Plagues. Oh well I'm still a noob so next time I will know more then I know now right?
Old 06 Jul 2009, 06:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 2 Units Of Scarabs Squad Of 4....Big Mistake!!

Ummmm, sorry if this sounds rude, but what was this post supposed to achieve? You didn't ask a question on how to avoid this next time, or what you should do in the future, or how you should run you scarabs....

I read this post, and the only reply I could think of (other than this) was "Oh. Bad luck."

Try and actually do posts that people can make a comment on and ask questions toward how to run them in the future.
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2009, 06:47   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I guess I was just expressing myself and I wanted to make people who read this smile and think to themselves "Wow, what a noob "

I did messed up big time and I think next time I should put away my Monolith since it was useless against his terminators. He just powerfist it and destroyed it......damn. Maybe I will buy a Nightbringer after all. I do wonder why the scarabs still count as a unit even though they are weak and puny. They don't seem like part of the main fighting forces. They seem more like just a distraction.
Old 06 Jul 2009, 12:47   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

In the Apocolypse/Planetstrike game I played on Saturday, my unit of six scarabs with disrupter fields took the guns off a Warhound Titan...they have their uses.

Anyway, I wouldn't out away the monolith because you lost it once. I still think they're one of the best thing in the Necron book. The ability to transport stuff along with the sheer amount of firepower it can throw out...it's awesome.

Oh, and try the Deciever rather than the Nightbringer. I think he works better in 1500/1750.

R

The Welshman!
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2009, 19:46   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland
Anyway, I wouldn't out away the monolith because you lost it once. I still think they're one of the best thing in the Necron book. The ability to transport stuff along with the sheer amount of firepower it can throw out...it's awesome.
Oh trust me I'm not dissing the Monolith in any way here, I love that thing way too much to ever do that. I was just saying I was unlucky with it but even so it did have it's uses it was just a little unlucky. I just have to stop making silly mistakes and know the game more, that's where I'm failing. I love that monolith >
Old 06 Jul 2009, 23:05   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Now that I think about it I do have one quick question that I can't seem to find the answer too around here. If a Tomb Spyder creates a couple of babies (scarab swarms) then they all become one unit right? Now how do you go about moving that unit can they turbo boost still or only the average 6 inches? Either way at least that Tomb Spyder will be a little bit tougher to kill now since you can give all the wounds to the babies.
Old 07 Jul 2009, 09:54   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

In my understanding, the scarabs have to remain with the Tomb Spyder - and yes, it does give it some ablitive wounds which is always good.

Don't double post by the way - it's generally frowned upon here - use the modify button to edit your previous posts!

R

The Welshman!
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2009, 00:01   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland
In my understanding, the scarabs have to remain with the Tomb Spyder - and yes, it does give it some ablitive wounds which is always good.

Don't double post by the way - it's generally frowned upon here - use the modify button to edit your previous posts!

R
Thank you very much for both answering my question and for the advice. As you can see I'm a noob in more ways then one :P

I do have one more question and then I think I will be satisfied for the time being. This has more to do with a WBB situation. When you get shot at during the shooting phase and you lose 25% casualties on a unit, you have to take a moral test to see if you fall back. Let's say you fail it and then you row a 2D6 and you fall back 12" away, now when you do your WBB rolls if that unit is not 6" then those guys will not come back correct? The only way to counter this is with a Tomb Spyder that is within 12" of a model of the same type, am I correct on all this information?
Old 09 Jul 2009, 14:03   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi636
Now that I think about it I do have one quick question that I can't seem to find the answer too around here. If a Tomb Spyder creates a couple of babies (scarab swarms) then they all become one unit right? Now how do you go about moving that unit can they turbo boost still or only the average 6 inches? Either way at least that Tomb Spyder will be a little bit tougher to kill now since you can give all the wounds to the babies.
The tomb spyder unit still only moves 6"...units always move at the slowest available speed.

Now, keep in mind that making babies decreases average toughness. This can be a problem when you've only made one or two bases, and wound allocation means the spyder can get pummeled. This is why locking up shooty units with scarab swarms is so important...it gives your spyders some time to move/crank out a decently sized unit before they get shot.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2009, 14:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Just one thing,

You said the 'lith got power fisted. That shouldn't happen as attacking models use their unaugmented strength, so no power gist double strength or whatever it is.