Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2+ saves!!!
Old 19 Jun 2009, 05:57   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default 2+ saves!!!

I often play a space marine player and terminators are often always my biggest problem. Either they are sniping my destroyers with missles or ripping my squads to shreds with bolter fire or power fists. Looking through my Necron arsenal I could not find one decent reliable counter to termies. Some would say heavy destroyers yet I dont see their point value justifying only 1 shot a turn. Anyone have a solution for me?
Trace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2009, 06:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: 2+ saves!!!

The only real counter attacks are massed fire, warsytches and C'tan.
Old 19 Jun 2009, 10:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Atlantis

even a ctan can fall against those termies with thunder shields and hammers. eldar witchblades are also effective when they come close
Old 19 Jun 2009, 12:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis
even a ctan can fall against those termies with thunder shields and hammers. eldar witchblades are also effective when they come close
A nightrbringer is going to do a fair bit of damage to a unit of 5 termies (hammer/shield) in combat because it strikes first, hits them on 3+ and wounds them on 2+ with no saves of any kind so you will on average, whilst charging, kill 2.8 termies per turn. In response lets say two termies strike back, they hit on 4+ and wound on 4+ and then the nightringer saves on 4+ (there's only a 37.5% chance of your nightbringer suffering a wound)

For short; nightbringers are really good at dealling with termies

(i hope my odds were calculated correctly)
jimmy_mymail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2009, 14:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Also you aren't being fair to yourself, termies who snipe destroyers with missiles do not have thunder hammers and shields.

If you don't want to use the ctan, possibly the particle whip, high strength and that AP that you need to take out terminators. Both options may seem ridiculous, but that is what they are for, killing units that are hard to kill. If required send that lord in with a warscythe if marines are really causing problems.

Terminators never caused TOO much of a problem, its when they can counter your monolith with tank hunting missiles that the ctan becomes that one thing that you need (and I would not suggest having them both in the same army).
Old 19 Jun 2009, 21:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Unholy Harbinger has stated the best way to deal with termies. Massed amounts of concentrated fire. 20 necron warriors cost the same as a nightbringer, the nightbringer gets 6 attack on the charge while the warriors can dish out 40 rapid fire shots. 40 shots on 5 guys is guaranteed to take down a few, if your warriors get locked in combat take them out with a monolith. Rinse, lather, and repeat. All this combined with the firepower immortals and destroyers can dish out will make termies eventually fall. Because of the termies low numbers it isn't as reliable to shoot with a low number of high powered shots, those can be best used elsewhere. Even the particle whip is only Ap 3 so the monolith and heavy destroyers should focus on more heavily armoured units, or in the monoliths case clusters of marines.

Make the termies take as many saves as possible and they will fall.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 15:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I charge them with pariahs and a lord with a warscythe. This usually seems to down a lot of them. i atke a unit of 10, so it gets 20 attacks, 10 hits, like 36.6 dead terminators, excluding the lords attacks. Again, the might bringer can but horrible hurt on them.

I remember when i played a chaos terminator spammer, he charge the night bringer with abbadon and 3 terminator units. Needless to say the night bringer died, but he killed 9 terminators in the explosion

revenge ^-^

C:\Users\Samuel\Pictures\SINDRI.jpg
fattyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2009, 00:52   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I would say, definately buy a Nightbringer man. 6 attacks on the charge, 3+ to hit, 2+ to wound. He will slaughter some Terminators.
Old 04 Jul 2009, 04:17   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Sorck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis
A nightrbringer is going to do a fair bit of damage to a unit of 5 termies (hammer/shield) in combat because it strikes first, hits them on 3+ and wounds them on 2+ with no saves of any kind so you will on average, whilst charging, kill 2.8 termies per turn. In response lets say two termies strike back, they hit on 4+ and wound on 4+ and then the nightringer saves on 4+ (there's only a 37.5% chance of your nightbringer suffering a wound)

For short; nightbringers are really good at dealling with termies

(i hope my odds were calculated correctly)
Totally agree with this guy above
You can try using a monolith but umm...using a monolith just becoz a particular type of unit are annoying u? I don't think so :P

LotR Armies:
Misty Mountains (50%), White Hand of Sarumuan (60%), The Fellowship of the Ring (75%)
Spare LotR units: Haradrims of the South (95%), High Elves of the Last Alliance (95%)
Orkish_Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2009, 16:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The great thing about a monolith is that it can also fire its flux arc against the opposite of terminators, hordes of units. Not to mention its staying power, teleport /repair abilities. In this aspect your solution to terminators is also supporting your troops, while the nightbringer is mostly a killer/bulletmagnet.