Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Cheapness
Old 17 Jun 2009, 09:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Cheapness

I was wondering... as immortals are only available in metal blisters and are thus quite expensive (to me, anyway), does anyone know of an easy way to convert warriors into immortals? a guide with images would be really helpful.

thanks in andvance
-Willwills
Quote:
Originally Posted by demitriusnassy
Haha ;D I am Bob, the devourer of Souls. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Turning the Power Matrix into some kind of Disco Ball of Death? :P
willwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2009, 21:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Cheapness

Well it shouldn't be hard, as long as you have enough of the little green thingies then just glue 2 together with an extra bit of plastic on the end so you get a double-barrel bit
Old 17 Jun 2009, 22:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ebay has some decent prices. I just saw 10 immortals for 40 dollars there. Also, if you do convert, remember to make the shoulder plates bigger.
Old 18 Jun 2009, 10:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

No worries, is suffered exactly the same problem , but its easy to fix.

Its really as easy as Cammerz said, you just got to clue two necron gauss flayers together. First off you need a new box of warriors. This guide will make you 6. Then prepare the gauss flayers. The one on the bottom is more or less OK as it is, so leave this for now.

The top one is a bit more tricky. First off, you have to turn it upside down, then take off the blade. Also take off the tube which comes out the side.

Next you have to decide how you want the weapon held. I went for the warrior holding the top gauss flayers handle, which will be upside down, and trimming the other on off, with his other hand resting underneath it. You can do it another way if you please, with the warrior holding the bottom handle instead. The gun should now have 1 blade at the bottom, 1 tube at the bottom, and the warrior holding the gun. I recommend this for all necron units, but its especially important here, don't glue the rods in until you have build the immortal, and then painted it. Trust me, i speak from experience

Now you have the warrior look like an immortal rather than a warrior with a bigger gun. First off, as md99999 mentioned, you need bigger shoulder pads. Destroyer shoulder pads are great for this, though i supppose not everyone is as willing to kinda break the destroyers to get them as i was ;D. So you can model bigger ones out of green stuff, or take them from the 6 spare warrior bodies you have left over, and stick them on the make bigger shoulder pads. You also need to put the spine son the back of the immortal. Again, i stole from my destroyers, but green stuff is probable more the sufficient to make them. Then paint them to fir in with the rest of your army. By last piece of advice for this is paint the head in a more ceramic tone, so it stands out, and looks like an immortal.

With the six spare warrior you have left over, you can use them for bitz, or you can order flayed ones claws and make flayed ones, just take off the guns and the hands, and use green stuff to model the claws on. Then use more green stuff to put on bits all over the warrior, which you can use to resemble flesh when you paint it. Or, you could keep the flayed ones without any flesh on them, just the claws. Then, put another model near it, like a guardsman about to be dismembered.

I would upload pictures, by my camera is broken Anyway, hope this helps

C:\Users\Samuel\Pictures\SINDRI.jpg
fattyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2009, 18:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

hang on...

does the heavy destroyer box come with the whole destroyer sprue, like the destroyer Lord?

I need heavy destroyers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by demitriusnassy
Haha ;D I am Bob, the devourer of Souls. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Turning the Power Matrix into some kind of Disco Ball of Death? :P
willwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2009, 18:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yep, heavy destroyer box set makes both

C:\Users\Samuel\Pictures\SINDRI.jpg
fattyboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jul 2009, 04:24   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm not an expert converter or anything but you can use green stuff to form a second barrel for the gauss and put greenies on the back and shoulder pads to look buff and a tiny-bit hunched looking.

LotR Armies:
Misty Mountains (50%), White Hand of Sarumuan (60%), The Fellowship of the Ring (75%)
Spare LotR units: Haradrims of the South (95%), High Elves of the Last Alliance (95%)
Orkish_Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote