Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A question about C'tan
Old 31 May 2009, 21:41   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default A question about C'tan

Ok so if the C'tan basically hate chaos and want to altogether seal off the warp from the galaxy, why do they eat souls? Souls exist exclusively in the Warp.
Old 31 May 2009, 21:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: A question about C'tan

It is a common misconception that they eat souls instead they feed of energy originally it was stars but then they fed off the awe of the necrontyr and now the fear of their enemies and the Best way to get fear is through death that has suffering.

Or at least that is my take on it it depends from
What way you look at it.

EDIT: the actually thing they feed upon is the electro magnetism given off by creatures and they like death and suffering the most though in the codex it does hint he C'tan ate the bodies of the entire race. It also says it consumes their essence which I assume is their soul and trap it to prevent it going to the warp like a spirit stone does this would stop the warp gaining so many souls. This is supported by the outsider who ate other c'tan but their souls or essence was two strong and now all posses its body sending it mad.
Old 01 Jun 2009, 17:26   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

So they probably capture the souls so chaos wont get stronger.
Old 01 Jun 2009, 17:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

At least that is my interpretation as they hate the warp and want to destroy it so stopping souls going there would weaken the chaos gods making the C'tans job a little bit easier. Think of necrons as the anti-warp. I

nterestingly in their wars with the old ones both sides are said to have created different races. Eldar, orks and humans were the work of the old ones and tau are rumoured to be the work of the necrontyr as well as a few unsuccessful races.
[hr]

sorry that my first post was a tiny bit confusing but basically they eat souls and electro magnetism given off by emotions. They can also feel what every particle aroun them is doing as when they first arrived they were " enthralled by the dance of the particles around them".
Old 02 Jun 2009, 01:53   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Well it's generally assumed that the Old Ones created the Eldar and Orks, and that humans were created by them is a floating rumor, but I've never heard the theory of the Necrons creating the Tau. Also, didn't the Necrons put the Pariah gene into the human genepool?
Old 02 Jun 2009, 06:06   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

The necron making tau is just a rumour. And yes the pariah end was put in humans by the C'Tan, they use it to make more pariahs ( the ones in battle).
Old 03 Jun 2009, 04:40   #7 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy Harbinger
At least that is my interpretation as they hate the warp and want to destroy it so stopping souls going there would weaken the chaos gods making the C'tans job a little bit easier. Think of necrons as the anti-warp. I

nterestingly in their wars with the old ones both sides are said to have created different races. Eldar, orks and humans were the work of the old ones and tau are rumoured to be the work of the necrontyr as well as a few unsuccessful races.
[hr]

sorry that my first post was a tiny bit confusing but basically they eat souls and electro magnetism given off by emotions. They can also feel what every particle aroun them is doing as when they first arrived they were " enthralled by the dance of the particles around them".
The Necrons creating the Tau, i've never heard of this. I have a theory that they were created by Tzeetch, based off the fact that their race was saved by a mysterious and sudden warp storm, and during this storm they experienced huge step[s. He would have isolated his new pawns from the warp by making them not appear at all, and i think Ethereals are Daemons and that is how they control the other castes
Old 03 Jun 2009, 05:20   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Things that made people think of necrons making tau:

When the C'Tan had eaten nearly everything the old ones were planting races to fight the necrons whereas the necrons were making them to eat. The oldones races were able to use the warp effectively where as true necrons couldn't and barely appeared in the warp. Tau have little or no warp presence.
Old 03 Jun 2009, 05:29   #9 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy Harbinger
Things that made people think of necrons making tau:

When the C'Tan had eaten nearly everything the old ones were planting races to fight the necrons whereas the necrons were making them to eat. The oldones races were able to use the warp effectively where as true necrons couldn't and barely appeared in the warp. Tau have little or no warp presence.
Never mind the fact that the Tau are only like 5M old, and the old ones and Necrontyr were battling long before even humans existed, lol.
Old 03 Jun 2009, 05:33   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I suppose. But that was what other people said I am still Deciding on it but there are ways for the C'tan to do things like that.