Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Multiple Necron ???'s
Old 11 Apr 2009, 16:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Multiple Necron ???'s

1. I'm trying to build some necron terrain. I'm using mostly styrofoam, and cardboard to cover it. is this a good idea, or should I use different materials?

2. I'm planning on doing some conversions to save a bunch of cash. Mostly, turning Warriors into Immortals, Destroyers into Heavys, and a few more Warriors into a few Flayed Ones. What should I use to do these conversions? Or is doing that a bad idea?

3. which would be better for me to buy? a phalanx or a couple battleforces?

4. I'm trying to make a Tomb World table. Dark sand, Necron tombs, the works lol. But I'm kinda limited on money for the board covering. a friend of mine suggested using a dark colored felt since it's cheap. another friend suggested adhesive on my board, then cover it in sand, and spraypaint it. like I said, I'm kinda limited on spending right now. What should I use to make my table Tomb world-like?

few more questions:

5. I bought the Deceiver not long ago. I keep hearing that he sucks and all that kind of crap. What kind of tactics should I use for my Deceiver?

6. Immortals or Flayed Ones? Which should I get first?

7. I'm trying to build up an Apocalypse army. I got 1605 pts worth right now.

40 Warriors, 10 Scarabs, 3 Destroyers, 1 Spyder, 2 Lords both w/ Scythes 1 w/ Rez Orb, and Deceiver. I also have 2 Immortals and 2 Flayed Ones. What should I buy next?

8. Monolith or squad of Heavy Destroyers? Which should I get first?

OK, I'm done for now lol

"Have you ever met a Necron Lord face to face? One of two things will happen to you if you do: You will die, or the Lord will strike irrational terror into your heart, THEN kill you. I prefer the latter option."
--- Vereoratrox, Necron Lord of the Noctis Incendia
ShadowAngel159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2009, 17:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Multiple Necron ???'s

First, double posting is not allowed. please use the Edit button in order to avoid getting into trouble in the future

Second.

2) Warrior into immortal maybe. Warrior into flayed one nope, Flayed one are too organic for that.

3) It Depends on the list you want to have, but usually the battle force is a better deal.

7) apocalypese is minimum 3000 points. if you are stap for cash put this on the backburner. If you really want to do so, maybe a monolith or 3; a pylon and more warriors.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2009, 21:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAngel159
1. I'm trying to build some necron terrain. I'm using mostly styrofoam, and cardboard to cover it. is this a good idea, or should I use different materials?
That works. Plasticard is also good...if you drink juice, carving plastic off the containers is also quite handy.

Quote:
2. I'm planning on doing some conversions to save a bunch of cash. Mostly, turning Warriors into Immortals, Destroyers into Heavys, and a few more Warriors into a few Flayed Ones. What should I use to do these conversions? Or is doing that a bad idea?
Honestly, the flayed ones would require so much green stuffing that it'd be a royal pain. Probably just as expensive as buying the blisters. They can be converted in immortals, even pariahs with work.

Heavy destroyers could be done. Destroyer lord can also be converted from a destroyer.

Quote:
3. which would be better for me to buy? a phalanx or a couple battleforces?
Tough call. Probably the phalanx, since it contains a 'lith. Otherwise, they have similar contents.

Quote:
4. I'm trying to make a Tomb World table. Dark sand, Necron tombs, the works lol. But I'm kinda limited on money for the board covering. a friend of mine suggested using a dark colored felt since it's cheap. another friend suggested adhesive on my board, then cover it in sand, and spraypaint it. like I said, I'm kinda limited on spending right now. What should I use to make my table Tomb world-like?
Painted sand will look better, imo. More work though.

Quote:
few more questions:

5. I bought the Deceiver not long ago. I keep hearing that he sucks and all that kind of Klkn. What kind of tactics should I use for my Deceiver?
Shield for squishier units, get into melee asap, and beat down the enemy. He's damn near immortal. I definitely think he's worth the points

Quote:
6. Immortals or Flayed Ones? Which should I get first?
Immortals, imo. Flayed are too melee specific, while immortals are easier to use at the beginning.

Quote:
7. I'm trying to build up an Apocalypse army. I got 1605 pts worth right now.

40 Warriors, 10 Scarabs, 3 Destroyers, 1 Spyder, 2 Lords both w/ Scythes 1 w/ Rez Orb, and Deceiver. I also have 2 Immortals and 2 Flayed Ones. What should I buy next?
Monolith, IMO. They are priceless in apoc, and good on the table in normal games. Heavy destroyers and additional spyders are next.

Quote:
8. Monolith or squad of Heavy Destroyers? Which should I get first?

OK, I'm done for now lol
Mmm, monolith, probably. The only exception is if you like fielding a pure destroyer army, which is quite effective. In that case, pure heavy destryoers.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2009, 03:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

1. ok cool
2. how could I convert warriors into pariahs? buy warscythes and glue them on? or other ways?
3. phalanx it is
4. great...... my house is gonna smell like glue..... lol
5. wow, first positive comments I've ever heard about the Deceiver! it's a world record! lol
6. least I'm doing conversions. saves me some cash
7. would buying a monolith phalanx be a good idea or would I just be paying the same amount?
8. considering I"m doing conversions, I'll go 'lith

"Have you ever met a Necron Lord face to face? One of two things will happen to you if you do: You will die, or the Lord will strike irrational terror into your heart, THEN kill you. I prefer the latter option."
Old 12 Apr 2009, 12:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

2) A scythe and maybe a bit of Greenstuff for the stomach cavity should do the trick. Pariah will be a lot easier to convert then Flayed Ones.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Old 13 Apr 2009, 02:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

A monolith phalanx is cheaper than buying that many separate monoliths. If you want that many, might not be a bad idea. For apoc, it allows you access to a formation.

Green stuff and plasticard are your friends for making pariahs. Heck, this is true for nearly everything. Greenstuff/glue for joins, greenstuff for organic shapes, plasticard for flat/squared off stuff.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2009, 03:15   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

ok, I'm probably gonna sound like an idiot, but idk what greenstuff or plasticard is. lol what is it and how much does it usually cost?

Old 13 Apr 2009, 12:39   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Green stuff is aepoxy putty. ItGW sells them (for a bit too expensive) in stripes of about 2-3 inches. It's yellow and blue and whem you want to use them you mix it and it becomes green...mix small quantity otherwise yoi will have wastage.

Plasticard is similar to cardboard but it's plastic.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Old 13 Apr 2009, 13:46   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

oh ok. thx

Old 14 Apr 2009, 01:31   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

I run a Monolith even at 1000 points. At 2000 I'd probably take 2, maybe even 3. Heavy Destroyers are too fragile, in my experience.

If you use greenstuff, a couple things to note:
1. Keep your fingers and tools wet, so it doesnt stick to them
2. It's somewhat toxic, so wash your hands after handling. Dont stick fingers/tools in mouth while working with it, you can get sick.
3. If you notice you get a rash, stop using it immediately, wash your hands, pop a benadryl. Once you have an allergic reaction to it, you will always get a reaction to it. You can use it many times and suddenly develop an allergy to it. After you've had one allergic reaction, your next exposure could be much worse.

For 2 and 3, wearing latex (or latex-free) gloves is probably a good idea, but does make it a bit harder to work with.