Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Acts of impossible logic (or a server error)
Old 19 Mar 2009, 09:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Acts of impossible logic (or a server error)

Have your necrons ever pulled off something so utterly ridiculous or a case of a scarab knocking out a HQ if you have post it here.

Here is mine (it is in this format because i wanted to try it you don't have to though). ;D

+++INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM INQUISITOR MALEUS- ORIGIN NAOGEDDON+++

We engaged hostile Xenos on the dead world of naogeddon and were forced to fight amongst the Ultramarines to purge the planet but their forces were stronger. The necrons had fielded a heavy skimmer craft (designation Monolith) the xenos craft fired its particle whip directly into a squad of ten space marines killing eight before small lightening arcs protruded form the corner weaponry killing the remaining two.

Our hearts remain with our brothers as we retreated having been defeated to begin Exterminatus against the world though we suspect they managed to get away first.

Thought for the day: Burn the heretic, Kill the mutant, Purge the unclean!

+++TRANSMISSION TERMINATED-SENT TO ARCHIVES FOR STORAGE+++

In another game my necron lord with a warsythe and destroyer body attacked a predator in turn two giving a weapon destroyed result only to be killed in the enemy shooting phase however he got back up and continued to attack the tank immobilizing it before yet again being killed but he got up again and did another weapon destroyed before dying AGAIN! Thankfully he got back up and finally destroyed the predator after three deaths and three assault phases (good he kept getting back up bad he didn't destroy it sooner!)
Old 19 Mar 2009, 10:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Acts of impossible logic (or a server error)

Quick question, did you kill the eight marines with the particle whip and then the other two with the gauss flux arc in the same turn? I hope not because only one weapon can be fired per turn on a monolith.

This is a good topic though.
I was once allied with a space marine army against another marine army and some tyranids. A winged hive tyrant was engaged with a full assault squad, two of my wraiths, and a scarab swarm. The tyrant entered assault having only one wound left and a 2+ armour save. Neither the assault marines or the wraiths could cause any damage and the scarab scored one wound, that one wound caused a failed save and a dead hive tyrant. Pretty amazing, pretty flukey and the shot that hit was the shot that counted. Of course after the wraiths were free they were then killed by a 6" radius blast from a destroyed predator; what a game that was.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 10:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

The weapons were fired in seperate turns I would have used particle whip a second time but lots of enemy squads had moved within 12"! ;D

Hmm you need to write some necron glyphs along the lines of "I pwned a hive tyrant" and play some more nids.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 14:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I had a solo necron lord, with one wound remainig (his squad had been wiped out) use his veil of darkness to teleport into the middle of two marine squads and a landraider, onto an objective in a last ditch attempt to win the game by denying my opponent the objective. He made it and didn't scatter giving me the win of 1 objective to none as the game ended.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2009, 16:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

in a three-way match, my lord (with D-Body) and three wraiths took out two carnifexes (at once), a hive tyrant, a Dreadnought and 2 wounds off of a SM Commander in one game, the only caualty being a single wound off of the Lord

Thae annoying thing was, we were playing seize ground and i lost 1-2-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by demitriusnassy
Haha ;D I am Bob, the devourer of Souls. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Turning the Power Matrix into some kind of Disco Ball of Death? :P
willwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2009, 07:04   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Zenith_XS

Once, while my little brother was playing my Necrons a lord with Warscythe, Phylactery and Res Orb killed a Daemon Prince in assault, got killed by a Bloodthirster in the next round, got up with all his wounds and charged the Bloodthirster, killing it. I have never seen so many 5s and 6s in my life.

Another less impressive feat was when my Monolith rolled its first direct hit with the Particle Whip (I usually use the teleport ability to keep more Necron alive) it killed an entire 10 man Crusader squad that was poised to charge my main unit of Warriors.

I'm still waiting for my Heavy Destroyer to hit something.

~Sybaris, High Archon of the Bleeding Dragon Kabal

[br]Click here to feed me a fruit!
Zenith_XS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2009, 20:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I am tor between the Zenith_xs and willwills...
...and the current leader is willwills

sorry but that is impressive. Plus i always run a lord with my wraiths it's a great combo!

Keep the stories coming (i don't think threadomancy is to big a deal as the first page of the necron boards still goes back to 2008 so don't be afraid to post if it has been left a while)!
Old 05 Apr 2009, 22:27   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

contrary to that impressive feat, to celebrate the Easter holidays we hosted a similar game and my wraiths epically failed. they launched into assault against a command squad (minus captain, who killed asnd was killed by a rogue fex), did nothing and then suffered 1 wound from the emoporer's champion, before being run down. i had 2x the attacks, 2 extra strength and 2 extra I and i still couldn't beat them. That same command squad then tied my lord and one unit of warriors up from turns 3-6, just within range to contest my objective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demitriusnassy
Haha ;D I am Bob, the devourer of Souls. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Turning the Power Matrix into some kind of Disco Ball of Death? :P
willwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2009, 20:51   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ha just stopped after two days of gaming at my GW where my wraiths failed big time. Thy charged a firewarrior squad with my lord all together they took out 6 firewarriors then after a flailing of pulse rifle butts my wraiths were gone!

Today My monolith deepstriked behind a army of khorne and tyranids in a 2v2 battle then pparticle whipped killing 8khorne bezerkers and a genestealer. THough later i phased out after a khorne biker squad, khorne lord with blood crusher/feeler, tyranid hive tyrant and nid warriors swept my warrior lines clean leaving my space marine ally ( unusual but hey) to face the khorne and nids with a predator (old style. It looks kinda cool), a havoc squad and a tactical squad plus his commander. :

tHat was the first time in over a year of necrons I have ever phased out. Phasing out is very bad! :'(
Old 12 Apr 2009, 09:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Zenith_XS

Phasing out is what I seem to do best. In fact I don't think my necrons have ever won a game (properly anyway).

Anyway my latest impressive feat was in the grand finale battle from a little warhammer/computer gaming get together me and a friend hosted. The battle was 1000pts a player, 3 players a team using a roughly apocalypse style format (still used FOC and the mission was annihilate). The teams were Astartes; Ultramarines, Assorted Marines and Black Templar, and the Xenos; Necron, Tyranids and Orks.

The Assorted Marines deepstriked a squad of 10 Terminators and a Librarian in termy armour just behind my line. With nothing better to shoot at I unloaded around 60 gauss flayer shots into them killing all but one Terminator, the Sergeant and the Librarian. I then decided somewhat recklessly to assault them with my Lord. The Librarian landed a wound but failed to force-weapon me to instant death, and the Sergeant missed all his attacks. A few swings of my trusty warscythe later and the two terminators were toast, leaving a solo Librarian to face the might of my Lord. Shaking in his boots, he kicked up his heels and fled... straight into a wall of over 30 Necron Warriors.

Overall it was a victory for the Xenos (although I didn't contribute too much, just standing in a safe corner rapid firing tactical squads) and the game was wrapped up before we could finish the 4th turn due to time constraints. I was just happy I avoided the 4 Dreadnaughts the other side had, and more importantly avoided phasing out.

~Sybaris, High Archon of the Bleeding Dragon Kabal

[br]Click here to feed me a fruit!
Zenith_XS is offline   Reply With Quote