Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Necron Alliances
Old 12 Mar 2009, 04:41   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Necron Alliances

I have a friend who was gonna start a Tau army, but they though Tau were too short so they went with Necrons instead. But they did some research and found out that they didn't like the Necron playing style. So they have allianced the Tau and Necrons and are doing a combination army. Their reasoning is that the Necrons have realized they are losing control of the universe, so have decided on using the Tau to do their dirty work for them. Is this realistic? I was under the belief that the Necrons hated all life, but my friend said they did their research and that this is allowed.
Bluntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2009, 04:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Necron Alliances

In Apoc it's allowed...Only because Apoc throws a good portion of the force organization rules out the door. :

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2009, 05:05   #3 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Necrons hate every living being especially those linked to the Warp. Necron are machines per say. But they're (When I say 'They', I mean the Necron Lords which more or less has their personality intact) very grim in the sense that they either lost all of their humanity and they're nothing more than machines that are programmed to do a certain task, they hate how the other races are fulling breathing beings instead of unfeeling machines like themselves and seek to destroy whatever in their wake or the Necron Lord has this delusion that he is a God and goes out to conquer the universe.

But what they all have in common is that; they hate everyone. They won't resort to any alliance. They're numerous enough that they don't need any help. They'll just keep coming and coming until you wavered and crushed under their metal feet. They're going kill you and either the Flayed Ones use their bodies to add to their grisly decoration or if you're an Untouchable (Anyone which has no presence in the Warp whatsoever), they'll assimilate you and you join them in their conquest.

But of course, that's the Necron Lords. The C'tan, however,....
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2009, 05:28   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

And the C'Tan are like their masters right? So the C'Tan could, in affect, force them into an alliance?
Bluntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2009, 05:51   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluntag
And the C'Tan are like their masters right? So the C'Tan could, in affect, force them into an alliance?
Yes, to the former. The latter......they have hidden influences. You won't see Necrons and Tau fighting side-by-side. And they are only 3 C'tan; the Nightbringer, the Deceiver and the Void Dragon (This C'tan is under speculation though). The Nightbringer would kill everything, absorbing their life force and savouring the death of the living. The Deceiver is more likely to influence the Tau. How and Why? Heck, I know. No Tau in their right mind would fight beside the Necrons. The Necrons are always on the default setting; Kill everything. Furthermore, the Tombs World are largely autonomous and containing a number of Necron Lords that's in charge of a certain aspect of maintaining the Tomb World which includes Nava; Defence, Maintenance, Resource Gathering etc.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 09:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

It's not even so much that the necrons wouldn't enter into any sort of alliance, the tau wouldn't even consider an alliance to the necrons as they can't be assimilated into the greater good. The necrons are a race that is entirely devoid of emotion and will not support the ambitions of other races. They don't need an alliance because in any failed conflict the necrons will simply phase out and self-repair again. The necron slogan is "Their number is legion, their name is death", their numbers are so high that they don't need the reinforcement of other races. There are an unknown number of tomb worlds in the galaxy with more necrons waking every day so the necrons are by no means short on warriors.

Overall the tau wouldn't consider an alliance with a race of evil, lifeless machines that can't be integrated into tau society. The necrons have no need for support from other races and unless the tau are somehow made slaves to the C'tan there would be no alliance. C'tan and necrons don't ally, they control and destroy.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 02:36   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The ctan want to just rule and get there highs and wouldnt do this unless during a cetain way need to trick the tau with the deciver and get them to destroy another races technological advacement so they necrons still are the peak of technology
necron god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2009, 05:44   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

A little grammar and sentence structure goes a long way. Spell checking never hurt either. Sorry necron god, its just each time you post I have to read it over a few times to understand what you're saying.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 17:46   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Here's my first post on the Tau forums.. Thought I could add a little help to this issue...

Here's my take on the situation. You won't be able to logically make them "Allies" in the typical sense.. the best situation is more of "an enemy of my enemy".

The Necrons have made a timely assault on *xyz* planet that the Tau were poised to strike. So the Tau, smart enough to let the necrons do the dirty work, follow them in to mop up any stragglers. Necrons being single minded killing machines have a focus and objective so they take minimal notice of the Tau.

It's not an alliance persay just a convenient situation.
Power Cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2009, 23:40   #10 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

The problem with that is 1) The Necrons will kill everyone and/or 2) Strip the planet of every resource. So, the planet, unless it's strategically important location-wise, is useless. No inhabitants to convert to the Tau'va and no resources to extract.