Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

"colour schemes" section of the necron codex
Old 02 Feb 2009, 00:45   #1 (permalink)
windowlikcer

Default "colour schemes" section of the necron codex

is kinda weird.

on page 42, there is a black necron in the top panel. according to the key the basecoat is mithril silver, although it looks black to me.

then on page 43, if you look at the top right necron, the little tube on the side of the gun that is normally painted green is broken off. you can tell its not intentional as you can see the white plastic where it was busted off.

is it just me or were the makers (idk if the proper term would be editors or not) of this codex really freekin' lazy that day?? i mean how hard would it have possibly been to fix that?

once again im not "contributing" im just pointing out something that i found to be fairly amusing.
Old 02 Feb 2009, 00:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: "colour schemes" section of the necron codex

the silver color is glossy in real life and thats why they call it silver. And wow... i never noticed that that was broken.

taubroadsidecommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2009, 01:04   #3 (permalink)
windowlikcer

apparently they made the painstaking effort of professionally photographing the model and didn't notice either haha. :
Old 11 Feb 2009, 22:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

[Digs out codex] Haha, your right, nice find.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Typhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2009, 19:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlikcer
apparently they made the painstaking effort of professionally photographing the model and didn't notice either haha. :
Had similiar happen to me - I have a hormagaunt that I never attached the side segment to - which includes a rear leg (usually pointing back) and the vestigial middle claw-limb. I've played games with it, modelled extra stuff onto it, primed it, and never noticed it until I finally got around to painting it...