Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Monolith questions (new ones)
Old 26 Jan 2009, 01:17   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Monolith questions (new ones)

Hey all, I have been having a little look back through and found a few threads w monolith questions but I still have two unanswered.

Firstly I know the lith cannot deepstrike and ordnance, does that therefore mean that if I deepstrike it my warrior squad coming out from reserves through it cannot move other than to disembark (as technically the lith moved)?

Secondly and this is the easier one, now with true los this means no one can shoot under the lith (or any skimmer for that matter) if it is not off the ground enough to see under?

Cheers
Old 26 Jan 2009, 02:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Monolith questions (new ones)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookazi49
Firstly I know the lith cannot deepstrike and ordnance, does that therefore mean that if I deepstrike it my warrior squad coming out from reserves through it cannot move other than to disembark (as technically the lith moved)?
You can use the particle whip when you deep strike.

Quote:
Secondly and this is the easier one, now with true los this means no one can shoot under the lith (or any skimmer for that matter) if it is not off the ground enough to see under?

Cheers
Yea, the lith blocks los.
Lord Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2009, 01:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

If you deep strike you still can use the power matrix (ie particle whip teleport etc.) You cant use both the teleport and particle whip in the same turn, because they are both functions of the power matrix, which can only use one function per turn. If you deep strike and teleport you can still move your teleported models but you cant move the monolith, because teleporting others is its movement phase (you can still move your models cause they have not technikley used their movement phase.) If you teleport than you cant use the whip and vise versa. any questions just reply.

taubroadsidecommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2009, 20:04   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thanks mate that cleared it up perfectly.

Cheers
Old 02 Feb 2009, 23:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

No prob

Old 11 Feb 2009, 22:03   #6 (permalink)
DOG
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to DOG

Sorry, but No you cant move the teleported unit after a deepstrike since the monolith has move, as any other unit disembarking from any other vehicle that has moved. (p67 1st Paragraph 1st bullit)
DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2009, 23:21   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOG
Sorry, but No you cant move the teleported unit after a deepstrike since the monolith has move, as any other unit disembarking from any other vehicle that has moved. (p67 1st Paragraph 1st bullit)
Yes you can, i asked my hobby manger on like my first battle.

Old 11 Feb 2009, 23:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

A monolith that deepstrikes counts as moving, a unit that gets teleported through the portal can only move if neither it (the unit being teleported) and the monolith hasn't moved already in that movement phase. Since the monolith has already moved it can still transport a unit of necrons but that unit cannot make any further moves. The monolith is explained in the Errata in further detail.

Hobby managers don't know everything, I've had a few debates with GW employees when they were doing things completely wrong, some things they were doing were just weird...
Old 12 Feb 2009, 00:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel_
A monolith that deepstrikes counts as moving, a unit that gets teleported through the portal can only move if neither it (the unit being teleported) and the monolith hasn't moved already in that movement phase. Since the monolith has already moved it can still transport a unit of necrons but that unit cannot make any further moves. The monolith is explained in the Errata in further detail.

Hobby managers don't know everything, I've had a few debates with GW employees when they were doing things completely wrong, some things they were doing were just weird...
well perhaps i misunderstood what he was saying, or the question being presented.

Old 12 Feb 2009, 00:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yeah, it's weird. When I started playing 40k I thought the employees knew everything. : Sadly, that's not the case.