Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

necron tactics
Closed Thread
Old 26 Jan 2009, 00:23   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default necron tactics

Alright dude, do not steal other peoples work. Also, this smite is a warning.

-Ryan
Old 26 Jan 2009, 03:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: necron tactics

I'm not entirely sure where you are getting your point values from, I don't believe you are using the current codex.

1) You can only have 1 Lord with Veil of Darkness, not 2. And keep in mind that you aren't allowed to post individual point costs online, even if your point values are wrong.
2) Now I know for a fact that the scarab tactics you are talking about are completely out of date. We can no longer use scarabs as living bombs, they can't get an increased armour save, and will not have an initiative of 10.

That's what I can see from first glance, I'll look deeper into the tactics section of this article soon.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 04:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

These are the Chapter Approved rules for Necrons, which were outdated since the Codex. Especially considering that Scarabs are now a swarm unit, rather than self-destructing ones akin to the chapter-approved or the older 2nd-ed Necron Raiders.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 14:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Umm...Lord Pain, that codex was out dated a number of years ago. we are now playing in 5th ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord pain
Necron Tactics ;D
Admittedly, these poor guys will probably never get any special characters, nor will they ever get any codices. No dont expect your favorite GW personality to rant and rave about these guys, either. But that is ok, we dont need them anyway. What we do have is some super tough hombres and just about the most strategic oriented combat philosophy out there. To play these guys effectively, you have to be about three steps ahead of your opponent. Just remember that no one in the game takes out vehicles as good as you do.
The necrons did, get a codex, they have two of the toughest special characters in the game, and they don't shoot bullets, they shoot gauss. Necrons glancing can no longer take out vehicles as easily (unless you glance them to death) Scarabs no longer explode, destroyers are almost a must have for a mobile necron list, the veil of darkness dose not cost 50 pts, and you can only take one. The necrons also have new units, tomb spiders, pariahs, heavy destroyers, oh yeah and a tank too, tha monolith.
I'm sorry to say but you knowledge of necrons is severly out dated, and you may want to get your hands on a necrons codex, and a 5th ed rule book.

I hope this helped, Typhon
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 15:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Considering this information is plagiarized from a random website and passed off here, I doubt it helped. This is the second instance of plagiarizing and hopefully we won't see it again.

Old 26 Jan 2009, 15:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
Considering this information is plagiarized from a random website and passed off here, I doubt it helped. This is the second instance of plagiarizing and hopefully we won't see it again.
Where's it taken from?

The Necron Codex is... old. Chapter Approved is even older. Just... damn.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 16:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

It was taken from some random geocities site.

Old 26 Jan 2009, 16:14   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Times are bad when you can't even plagiarise someone's work from the right edition :
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 19:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Gada Mazaha Send a message via MSN to Gada Mazaha

It was taken from here. There are similar posts on the Tyranid and Ork boards as well.
Old 26 Jan 2009, 19:21   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Think he's trying to get karma, or is a bot, or what?

You may call me Circus.
Closed Thread