Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Void Dragon and The Outsider
Old 11 Nov 2008, 22:28   #21 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: The Void Dragon and The Outsider

And it also depends on how special you want your Lord to be. I mean, my Lord is criminally insane and thinks that his wife is still alive. He's not exactly a rebel, but he just kinda does what he wants. He still kills a lot of people, so the C'Tan are happy. I myself always like making characters unique, it makes anything a lot more fun. Like in Dungeons and Dragons; if someone makes a really interesting character, the game automatically becomes much more interesting.
They will seek to harvest us at first, for they will be hungry after their long sleep. Then they will turn their efforts to enslaving the survivors. The galaxy will bleed the stench of death into the void
Darkness2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2008, 00:29   #22 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I still want to know if anybody knows anything about the Hive Mind-Outsider Relationship, I'm very interested.

Necrons + Nids = Galactic Domination

The ShadowMeister

P.s. Good Job Staying On Topic ^-^
ShadowMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2008, 02:12   #23 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I just can't see Necrons and Nids ever working together honestly. They just seem like opposing forces. Nids want to evolve and reproduce, whereas Necrons just basically want everyone and everything either dead or as slaves to the C'Tan. They have opposite goals in the end I think...
But if they ever were working together, my god... It would be quite epic, though highly improbable.
XD
They will seek to harvest us at first, for they will be hungry after their long sleep. Then they will turn their efforts to enslaving the survivors. The galaxy will bleed the stench of death into the void
Old 12 Nov 2008, 04:17   #24 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Merqu

Plus they may want similar things, to chew on the tasty morsel that is life, but they would want it completly to themselves... greedy bastards if you ask me ;D theres more than enough humanity in 41st millenium for everyone to chew on ;D
Merqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2008, 10:04   #25 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Nids are known to ignore Tomb Worlds as they are devoid of life, and an arm of the nid invasion fleets has even changed course to avoid the Dyson sphere completely, and stay well out of its way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2008, 21:11   #26 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merqu
theres more than enough humanity in 41st millenium for everyone to chew on ;D
Hehe. I just can't see the Nightbringer and a Hive Lord sharing a nice meal of salted torsos though...

And Faith, that's interesting. I mean, when you think of it, the Nids don't have any interest with Necrons (them having no flesh to consume, no new genes, etc.) Makes me wonder if Necrons and the Nids could, technically, have a cease fire... But I don't think they'd ever really join forces in the end
Old 12 Nov 2008, 21:45   #27 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

My main question is if the Outsider and the Hive Mind could be one and the same. They both have relatively unkown locations, and the outsider is relatively insane. It seem right up his alley to take control of an entire race of planet-destroying reptiles.

Does anybody else have any thoughts on this?! :-[
Old 12 Nov 2008, 22:11   #28 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well, I have no proof for either argument outside what has been mentioned, but let's just review the facts FOR the Outsider being the HM:
-C'tan have a history of fighting each other. Why shouldn't the Outsider try to commander a race of super monsters and take arms against the other C'tan?
-Like the Necrons, the Nids never make any connections to any other races; in fact neither of them even speak to anything not of their kin (I know the average Genestealer probably doesn't have the capacity to speak, but the HM could talk through a Nid at some point). This lack of any communication sounds like classic C'tan.
-The Nids are, in a way, trying to reach the same goal as the Necrons. They just have different plans for what they do after they complete the goal though.
-Nids tend to avoid the Necrons, and vice versa (kudos to Faith, this is possibly the most important piece of info here). Whether this means they're allied or neutral is unknown, but it does seem strange that Necrons haven't tried to rid the galaxy of the plague of the Nids.

...And this is against:
-The C'tan LOVE being worshiped as gods, it's the only thing they get enjoyment from besides suffering. You'd think the Nids would have a C'tan emblem on them, some way of seeing that they're servants of the C'tan. There have been cases of humans worshiping the C'tan; you'd think that the Nids would have someway of enforcing the will of the C'tan.
-This may seem odd, but why aren't they metal? For the Necrontyr, becoming living metal to be like the gods was one of the reasons they went along with the deal; they felt like they were becoming god's will incarnate. Now I know Nids are the BIOLOGICAL superweapon, but Necrons are still LIVING metal... Besides, C'tan have a dislike in general for flesh (meatbags!)
-Why doesn't the Outsider fight with the Nids? Unless, of course, somehow the Outsider is now biological and is some sort of massive Hive Tyrant (which is unlikely at best) it is odd we have not yet seen the Outsider.
-Finally, the Nids avoid the Necrons, right? Well earlier I said that if the HM was the Outsider, he would have turned against the other C'tan. If this was the case, the Necrons and C'tan would be their top priority. The Necrons are competition for the living after all; they want the prey for themselves after all. If somehow the two forces are allied, why have they not started fighting together? And the last piece of the puzzle: what do Nids need? More biological material. Guess which army of immortal semi-robots has no biological material? I personally believe the Nids avoid the Necrons because they aren't interested at all. The Necrons aren't something to be eaten after all.
So for me, I just think it's illogical that the Outsider is the Hive Mind. If he was, we'd be seeing a much different universe.

Whew, now that's a post!
Old 13 Nov 2008, 00:34   #29 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Well I have some counter-evidence, if I may. ;D

You are placing the outsider at the same level as the other C'tan. (nightbringer, Deceiver, Void Dragon) The outsider was tricked by the deceiver to consume all of the other C'tan (this possibly means that the outsider is the most powerful of the C'tan) However, all of the C'tan's 'souls' drove the outsider crazy, blah blah blah.

The point is, the outsider isn't the average C'tan. Nids look like the average biological abomination, spawned of an incredibly insane persons head. (Suck it Genestealers!) This is very possible to be spawned of someone who has the power of not one, but a large amount of C'tan's souls contained in one body. If it possible for the outsider to syphon that power, The product could have been the Nids!

In conclusion, the outsider is different than the other C'tan, and quite possibly could be the hive mind.

The ShadowMeister

Note: Most of this is just theory, so don't ask for a lot of proof
Old 13 Nov 2008, 01:26   #30 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMeister

The outsider was tricked by the deceiver to consume all of the other C'tan (this possibly means that the outsider is the most powerful of the C'tan) However, all of the C'tan's 'souls' drove the outsider crazy, blah blah blah.
Well, I must ask for some proof on that... Because the Codex says that The Nightbringer was the one tricked in this manner. I quote the Codex:
"...the Nightbringer was undone when the Deceiver convinced it that the most succulent feasts were to be had in the living energies of its fellow C'tan. So began a reign of murder as the Nightbringer broght all its powers to bear in hunting down and consuming its fellow gods. As the C'tan fought among themselves, others followed the Nightbringer's example and fed upon one another, but none could match the scale of its slaughter."

Finally, I think you're forgetting one thing: why are the Nids here anywhere? They needed new food. They ate a whole other universe, and now, they're hungry. I don't think that this realm was ever occupied by C'tan, and I think the Nid's previous feast took place eons before the Necrons purged the Old Ones.