Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Void Dragon and The Outsider
Old 10 Nov 2008, 23:38   #11 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: The Void Dragon and The Outsider

Also, that passage is vague. Does it mean four including the Nightbriner, or excluding? Just a thought...
They will seek to harvest us at first, for they will be hungry after their long sleep. Then they will turn their efforts to enslaving the survivors. The galaxy will bleed the stench of death into the void
Darkness2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2008, 23:41   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Merqu

It's the 4. Deciever, Nightbringer, Void Dragon, and Deciever...

@Hairy Grim I thought including 462 would show that I wasn't being too serious hehe!!
Merqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2008, 23:53   #13 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to Hairy Grim

Sorry Merqu, I was having a serious moment there, was trying to get Windows Live to work, everything on it seems wierd & new when I've been on Yahoo for so long...
Old 11 Nov 2008, 03:25   #14 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I would like to say their are still a couple more C'tans out there, Unlike the Fantasy where it takes place on a world. This is a UNIVERSAL scale, so I would like to see more pop up.

Wonder when the void dragon will come and destory mars people, cause its a C'tan is it still sleeping? or because the Humans worship it like the machine god its fine with it.

A couple of things I really have a question on about Necrons, is the Lords the only Necrons that mantian their mind? Like themselves before becoming Necrons, or are they just like Windows and Computers not know really anything just what they are programed. I know Necrons can't feel stuff, like emotion but that would be cool, if they retain some memorys from the past and such just questions I thought to ask.
Kingin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2008, 04:03   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think it might be in the new rule book, but they do keep old memories. Just that the more they get their bodies replaced after severe damage (A.K.A DEATH) they lose just that little bit more of their memories, personalities, and indiviualities. An Individual Necron probably being older than ever Space Marine (Chaos Space Marine included) combined, they have probably died a fair few times and as such are probably nothing more than mindless automatons. Lords were designed to keep certain things. Self Awarnace and the ability to form up instant battle field tactics in the heat of battle... Higher level Lords having higher independance I think

I believe and Pariahs are new creation combining human blanks with the necrontyr bodies. supposidly it was C'Tan who implanted the Blank Gene into early humans. Whether this be early humans as in primordial soup or 'UGH FIRE ARRGH!! lump of wood make good weapon *bash*' early humans. That one i believe is in the Necron Codex. And because Pariahs are so new and can't be remade like other Necrons, I believe that it might be safe to think that they may retain some form... I was going to say personailty but they probably been mind wiped so they have about as much personality as a goldfish that is considered dull by other goldfish. They probably retain some form of self awarnce and such like. Which leads my mind onto a rather interesting train of thought... If i am correct in my assumptions, would it be possible for Lords and Pariahs to rebel...
Old 11 Nov 2008, 11:39   #16 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Bear in mind there is a finite amount of necrons in the universe. Aside from Pariahs, it is impossible to ever make any new ones. They are all the same warriors that fought in the original War against the creations of the Old Ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2008, 12:02   #17 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

In model and rules terms, the C'Tan will not feature in the new Codex. They will be brought back in Apocalypse rules, because they felt that they were not doing these "Gods" justice by putting them in 1,500pt games. All four C'Tan shall receive rules and I think Forgeworld models too.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2008, 14:15   #18 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I heard that they would have lords with the 'essence' of the C'Tan. so you can still use those models. As well as Apocalypse mega monsters most probably done by Forge World. Although it would be entertaining seeing the current Nightbringer going toe to toe with a Reaver.... and pawning it ass.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 21:55   #19 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingin
I would like to say their are still a couple more C'tans out there, Unlike the Fantasy where it takes place on a world. This is a UNIVERSAL scale, so I would like to see more pop up.
I completely agree with you. I mean, sure, as of now, only four are confirmed, announced, and others are unlikely. But it would be interesting, at least, if others were still alive.

Ohhhhh, Lords and Pariahs rebelling.... That sounds most awesome.

They will seek to harvest us at first, for they will be hungry after their long sleep. Then they will turn their efforts to enslaving the survivors. The galaxy will bleed the stench of death into the void
Darkness2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2008, 22:04   #20 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to Hairy Grim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness2393
Ohhhhh, Lords and Pariahs rebelling.... That sounds most awesome.
That's a thought...the rumours did say that there'd be Necron Lord Special Characters, & I can imagine there being a good amount of background that could be written for a rebel Lord, not to mention that they'd have more 'specialness' & 'character' than your regular Lord...

Rebel Lord - "Quick, where to next?! The Deciever himself is after us now...oh [word] he's hEREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!!"

Loyal Lord - "Hmm, we need more fuel."