Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Monolith Special Rules Help
Closed Thread
Old 07 Nov 2008, 04:24   #11 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Akaiyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,023
Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou
Default Re: Monolith Special Rules Help

so really how do we know which one is the 'new' or 'old' version?

The one that says 'from a stationary vehicle' is referenced in the 3E FAQ so I would assume that this is the one that takes precedence or does the one that doesnt say this say 'second printing' or something?
__________________
Back to 40k.
Akaiyou is offline  
Old 07 Nov 2008, 05:19   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 521
Default Re: Monolith Special Rules Help

The 5Th ed FAQ updates everything (and makes mention that some of the books are different.) Therefore, it no longer matters. But just to be through, I will restate that you and I have the first printing.
BrownKnight is offline  
Old 07 Nov 2008, 07:01   #13 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 410
Default Re: Monolith Special Rules Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaiyou
so really how do we know which one is the 'new' or 'old' version?

The one that says 'from a stationary vehicle' is referenced in the 3E FAQ so I would assume that this is the one that takes precedence or does the one that doesn't say this say 'second printing' or something?
The second printing is the newer codex and takes precedence. Anything that is related to the 3rd Edition FAQ is obsolete because that FAQ is out of date. We have to look at the 5th Edition FAQ for any clarification. And the 5th Edition FAQ says exactly what I have stated repeatedly, there is no debate on this issue. Look at the 5th Edition FAQ and you will get your answer.
__________________
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't
Gabriel_ is offline  
Old 07 Nov 2008, 09:00   #14 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18,087
Default Re: Monolith Special Rules Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaiyou
so really how do we know which one is the 'new' or 'old' version?
What are you trying to argue? The second printing came after the first printing. It should be blatantly obvious which is older. If your book doesn't say "second printing" then it is the older version. Which is irrelevant, because as the others have stated the FAQ overrules it anyway.
khanaris is offline  
Old 07 Nov 2008, 20:46   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Akaiyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,023
Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou
Default Re: Monolith Special Rules Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barakhanaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaiyou
so really how do we know which one is the 'new' or 'old' version?
What are you trying to argue? The second printing came after the first printing. It should be blatantly obvious which is older. If your book doesn't say "second printing" than it is the older version. Which is irrelevant, because as the others have stated the FAQ overrules it anyway.
The point is to just know which one is older or newer. Since I do not have the 2nd printing and someone mentioned that only the DE codex says 'second printing' seemingly stating that the Necron 2nd printing does not say this, it would mean that there's no way of knowing which was first or second I would assume.

In any case i already agreed on the FAQ thing why is everyone still pointing that out? Did you all simply misunderstand what I was talking about newer/older codex?
__________________
Back to 40k.
Akaiyou is offline  
Old 08 Nov 2008, 00:30   #16 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 410
Default Re: Monolith Special Rules Help

The newer necron codex does say second printing. I can clearly see "Second Printing" on the authors page exactly where Barakhanaris said it would be. Your codex does not say it, so it is the older edition. So there absolutely is a way to know which is the first codex and which is the second. Once again; there is absolutely no debate.
__________________
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't
Gabriel_ is offline  
Old 08 Nov 2008, 02:33   #17 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Akaiyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,023
Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou
Default Re: Monolith Special Rules Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Fraggle (O'Ca'rees)
Both the Necron codex and the DE codex had a reprint where they changed some of their mess ups. I think the DE one had a stamp on the cover that said "second printing", but I'm not sure about the Necron one. IMO it was very, very stupid of them to do that, because, as you say, there is no easy way to tell that one is newer or older.
Ok here is the QUOTE so maybe you can calm down a bit.

I was originally responding to what this fellow said. As I don't have the 2nd printing to actually look and see for myself, so i took his word for it.

Now can you take a chill pill please? I'm not debating a thing but it seems like you want to make it a debate. Thank you.
__________________
Back to 40k.
Akaiyou is offline  
Old 08 Nov 2008, 07:14   #18 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 410
Default Re: Monolith Special Rules Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Fraggle (O'Ca'rees)
Both the Necron codex and the DE codex had a reprint where they changed some of their mess ups. I think the DE one had a stamp on the cover that said "second printing", but I'm not sure about the Necron one. IMO it was very, very stupid of them to do that, because, as you say, there is no easy way to tell that one is newer or older.
He simply said he's not sure about the necron codex. And there is a way to tell.

It just seems that whatever issue there was has been resolved sometime ago, but you continuously bring out little 'tid-bits' that seems like you do have something to debate further.

You were asking how a person would know which version of the codex they have, you got the answer at least 3 times and still questioned how a person would know that. I am quite calm, but after giving the same answer so many times and you bringing up some new point that causes for another clarification of the same answer, it seems almost necessary to spell it out in it's most basic terms.

I honestly never meant any offense and didn't mean for you to take any, and any questions about this topic seem to have been answered. So I have no need for your "chill pills".
__________________
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't
Gabriel_ is offline  
Old 08 Nov 2008, 07:25   #19 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 18,087
Default Re: Monolith Special Rules Help

Question answered, so locked.
khanaris is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kroot special rules Bluecinder Tau 14 26 Mar 2009 19:48
Rules and points legal Imperial Guard character special rules! Now more! Commander Songblade Imperial Guard 17 01 Nov 2007 20:42
Tau commander special rules Ravager House Rules 50 09 Jun 2007 12:56
CIB special rules? simondo Tau 3 01 Mar 2006 12:00