Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Wraiths with toughness 6
Closed Thread
Old 02 Nov 2008, 17:07   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Wraiths with toughness 6

With the new multiple toughness rule models with different toughness you take the one with more wound or if they tie pick the higher one so

Necron Lord -210
-destroyer body
-phase shifter
-resurrection orb
-war scythe

3 wraiths 123

because the lord has 3 wound all the wraiths have 3 wounds together so the wraiths then will have a toughness 6 and the same thing works with strength so the lord will also have a strength 6 so for 333 you have a boss wraith set and boss lord. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Old 02 Nov 2008, 19:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Wraiths with toughness 6

Ouch! that is some seriouse cheese :P

Me like... ;D
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Old 02 Nov 2008, 19:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

That's definitely an interesting thought, but you might wanna double check because I thought the toughness was figured per model, not per wound. Also, strength doesn't work the same way, each model making attacks in CC (or in shooting for that matter) resolves it's attacks based on it's own stat line, there is no such thing in the rules as a "mixed-strength" unit.
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Old 02 Nov 2008, 20:51   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

well a model with 3 wounds counts as 3 models like how mounters creature count as more than model and cheese is yummy
Old 02 Nov 2008, 21:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

They did in 4th edition when being outnumbered mattered for combat resolution, but that's not the case anymore. You might wanna reread the entry, if it says "models", and doesn't make a specific exception for multi-wound models counting as more than one model, then 3 wraiths and 1 Lord would make the wraiths the majority toughness. And cheese can be yummy, but also gives you bad breath and makes people not want to be around you :P

Edit: It's the same way that 2 wound Ork Nobs only count as one "model" for the purposes of Mob Rule.
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Old 02 Nov 2008, 21:05   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

im not sure about that in every match i played they alway said 1 model count as more when finding toughness
Old 03 Nov 2008, 01:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Why should number of ounds make a difference on how many models are that tough? I Think you might be getting cheated in that part.
Old 03 Nov 2008, 01:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Yeah, this doesn't work. It's majority toughness; nowhere does it say anything about majority of wounds.

Page... oh I can't be bothered. It's in the obvious place.
Old 03 Nov 2008, 05:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but this is completely wrong. The Necron Lord is an independent character regardless of whether or not he is mounted on a destroyer body. Page 49 of the rulebook clearly describes independent characters and assault. In an assault an independent character, even though he is part of a unit, is always treated as a separate single-model unit. So no, it's not the same as an ork nob in a mob of boyz as a nob is not an independent character. Your wraiths are still toughness 4, having a necron lord with them doesn't change this.
Old 03 Nov 2008, 15:45   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Gabriel brings up another reason that at least in CC the wraiths would still be T4, being in separate units. But even in shooting, the multi-wound model rules on pg. 26 make no note of multi-wound characters being counted differently for the purposes of determining "models", so until you get down to 1 wraith and 1 lord the unit is T4. One model = One model.
Closed Thread