Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ok, i'm sick of this.
Closed Thread
Old 24 Oct 2008, 17:56   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Ok, i'm sick of this.

Any more Necron bashing based solely on your low opinion of them will result in a smite. This is a warning to everyone.

If you want to disagree, i'm don't mind that. Things like "quit the necrons, they require no skill to play" will earn you a smite.

-Ryan
Old 24 Oct 2008, 23:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Ok, i'm sick of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Things like "quit the necrons, they require no skill to play" will earn you a smite.
Ah man i really want to start a necron army as a challenge, an all mounted army, two blocks of 20 warriors with a lord (veil of darkness) and two blocks of ten in a deepstriking monolith and a handful of distroyers would be fun to play.
"They shall be my finest Cannon Fodder, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I will mold them and in the furnace of war they will become cracked and broken. They will be of tissue paper and whimpy muscle. In tissue paper armor I clad them and with the mightiest flashlights they will be armed. They will be touched by every sort of plauge or disease to help further make them unhappy, all sickness will blight them. They will have almost no tactics, strategies, but lots of machines so that they can atleast stand up to a foe in battle. They are my tar pit against the Terror. They are the bulk of Humanity. They are my Imperial Guard and they will know much fear!"

A fortress circumvented ceases to be an obstacle. A fortress destroyed ceases to be a threat. Do not forget the difference.
- Attributed to Leman Russ

My armies may sleep, but big guns never tire.

Surrender - or die.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 01:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Quote:
Any more Necron bashing based solely on your low opinion of them will result in a smite. This is a warning to everyone.

If you want to disagree, i'm don't mind that. Things like "quit the necrons, they require no skill to play" will earn you a smite.

-Ryan
Who's been saying that? 'Crons require skill to play! I get wasted when I play my 'Crons, I find running my DARK ELDAR easier.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 04:48   #4 (permalink)
lonely tau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker-Venom
Quote:

-Ryan
Who's been saying that? 'Crons require skill to play! I get wasted when I play my 'Crons, I find running my DARK ELDAR easier.
I can see why a beginner would find running Necrons easier than running most other armies (incredibly durable troops that can damage everything), but you have to keep in mind that if you have more experience with another army you're not going to do as well with other armies.

For example, assuming that you run your Dark Eldar quite often, or another army quite like it, then naturally you'd be more skilled with them. If you all of a sudden tried to run a Necron army, you would probably only know Theoryhammer with them, as opposed to a full experience with them.

I mean, I switched from my Tau to my Orks and so far it's given me my worst result in 5th edition so far, but that was one of my first games with someone on a skill level near mine, and likewise my Tau and my Orks are two different playstyles.

So yeah, Necrons are more forgiving than most armies, but it doesn't mean that they're brain dead easy to play.

Old 25 Oct 2008, 05:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

See, Lonely stated it in a manner that is acceptable.
Old 27 Oct 2008, 20:21   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Haha, Necron haters. What angers me more than saying that they're cheap/ the noob's army is when people flat out hate them for what they are. I mean, IMO, an army of zombie robots bent on the genocide of all living things is pretty awesome (in a very dark, evil way). I think what most people get upset about is their fluff. I think it's pretty interesting; a bunch of jealous people making a Faustian pact with the C'Tan is pretty cool.

I'm just glad there's a place on the internet to discuss the Necrons without getting fanboy wrath.
They will seek to harvest us at first, for they will be hungry after their long sleep. Then they will turn their efforts to enslaving the survivors. The galaxy will bleed the stench of death into the void
Old 27 Oct 2008, 20:57   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to Hairy Grim

I suck with my Necrons. In theory, everything sounds good, but in practice I fail every time, & it's not even as if I get horrible rolls or my opponent gets good ones (on average, that is). Yet despite how I have won a single battle with my Necrons (& that was when I was paired up with another 'Cron player), I am am still to lose my first battle with my Tau.

So I think that they're one of the harder armies to play, as everyone knows the easy tactics with Necrons, & it's certainly harder to make cheesey lists with them (Warrior spamming is too slow, Tomb Spyder & Scarab spam makes an easy Phase Out & 3 Monoliths outside of Apocalypse is just a point sink).
Old 27 Oct 2008, 21:05   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I agree about Necrons being a rather difficult army. Sure, they can deal and take insane amounts of damage, but you have to consider that Necrons PHASE OUT. It makes it quite hard to find the right balance between a good point value and a good army, period. And hey, it's not like Necrons don't have their problems. If you have a Necron army marching forward in a phalanx, anything that does damage over a widespread area is simply devastating. If anyone can take away a wound a shooting phase to 10 warriors or more, the army will simply fall apart from the inside out (at least, that's what I've seen happen)
They will seek to harvest us at first, for they will be hungry after their long sleep. Then they will turn their efforts to enslaving the survivors. The galaxy will bleed the stench of death into the void
Old 27 Oct 2008, 22:51   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Tech_Marine

Necrons are not my favorite enemy to play against, but they got some wicked cool things.

Like the Flayed ones, or the Nightbringer.

I wouldn't mind collecting a 1000pts of them just as a one off.

Just not my forte
Old 27 Oct 2008, 22:53   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yeah, the Flayed Ones are quite awesome. XD

I understand what you mean though. I couldn't really see myself playing Tau.. Ever.
Closed Thread